Page 142 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1901

Thread: Obama to speak on birth certificate

  1. #1411
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    Discussion about what? If 0bama's a natural born citizen?

    There was never a doubt in my mind about that fact.

    My point is that 0bama has kept this issue alive and well for political reasons.

    That's what this discussion is about.
    So, birthers are useful idiots? I thougththey were just idiots.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #1412
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you defend birthers, often going down biurther lane, it raises the question. Perhaps you're just having fun, but I ahve noted where you went down birther lane and asked you to expalin. I don't think you ever ahve.

    As for other challenges, nonoe of those challenged had to ever provide more than oabam did, and there was no birther nutters running around trying to call everything into question.

    And j, you really do overuse the goal post tactic. no one has moved any goal posts. It seems some get stuck on a tactic and rarely actually try to understand what is being said. I wish you would do more trying to understand old friend. ;shrug:

    And I wish you'd be a little more honest in your debate style. Clearly you overuse the passive/aggressive style meant to throw one off of their argument and focus on a meaningless part of the argument, leaving the larger question rarely addressed by you.

    You also seem fond of thinking yourself some kind of voice of reason, and often use arrogance, and condescension when addressing people. Who the hell do you really think you are?

    As for the "Birther" nonsense, it wouldn't have been any issue at all had Obama not held on to, and fought in court the making public of the form that he did recently. HE kept this alive, largely I think, because it is a useful tool to ridicule, and mock his opponents whether they subscribe to this theory or not. Just as you try and do by labeling me as one who "follows that path".... He uses it as a distraction to NOT have to answer tough questions about real policy issues like the current state of our fiscal house, and how he has increased the debt more than any other President. It really is sad how he plays his Presidency. If you don't agree with, or love what he is doing, then you must be a "birther", or a "racist", or some other pejorative that people like you throw out there.

    I wish you and others would just cut it out, and address the issues honestly. If Obama's plans, and policies then they would survive the scrutiny of criticism. You seem to think not, and use weak ass arguments to deflect, obfuscate, and name call. That you profess to be a teacher of what ever sort, is just more proof to me why America is failing in education.

    have a nice day.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #1413
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And I wish you'd be a little more honest in your debate style. Clearly you overuse the passive/aggressive style meant to throw one off of their argument and focus on a meaningless part of the argument, leaving the larger question rarely addressed by you.

    You also seem fond of thinking yourself some kind of voice of reason, and often use arrogance, and condescension when addressing people. Who the hell do you really think you are?

    As for the "Birther" nonsense, it wouldn't have been any issue at all had Obama not held on to, and fought in court the making public of the form that he did recently. HE kept this alive, largely I think, because it is a useful tool to ridicule, and mock his opponents whether they subscribe to this theory or not. Just as you try and do by labeling me as one who "follows that path".... He uses it as a distraction to NOT have to answer tough questions about real policy issues like the current state of our fiscal house, and how he has increased the debt more than any other President. It really is sad how he plays his Presidency. If you don't agree with, or love what he is doing, then you must be a "birther", or a "racist", or some other pejorative that people like you throw out there.

    I wish you and others would just cut it out, and address the issues honestly. If Obama's plans, and policies then they would survive the scrutiny of criticism. You seem to think not, and use weak ass arguments to deflect, obfuscate, and name call. That you profess to be a teacher of what ever sort, is just more proof to me why America is failing in education.

    have a nice day.

    j-mac
    First j, you have your facts wrong. You drink the koolaid and don't understand why no one takes it seriously. Obama did not spend millions to keep this from coming out. Fact check links have been posted on that. He didn't do anything but give exactly what was required by law, that which was good enough for every other elected official, every other presidential candidate. There was never any reason for birthers to even question it.

    And as I noted earlier, if you thin this is a tactic by Obama, just shut up. That is how birthers could have ended it and any so called advantage Obama could have gained from it. That is not a order for them to shut up, but a statement on what would have ended it that they could control.

    And how do you address a dishonest issue honestly? Frankly, you have this wrong as well. You are being addressed honestly and logically. It is the birther side that lacks both honesty and logic.

    As for my arrogance? If you say so. But if you have the freedom to say silly things, I have the freedom to call them silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1414
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    He didn't lie and I never said he did.

    He never released what he stated he had in his possession and asked HI to send a COLB which he then released to DailyKos and fightthesmears.com.

    He wants to keep this going so that anyone looking into his past and asking legitimate questions not related to this issue can be painted as a birther.

    Judging from the responses in here its working.
    Raising this question isn't legitimate. I am confident our government checks into this stuff before they would allow just anybody to be sworn in...

    What else are legitimate questions about his past? Has his ties to Muslim extremism and terror cells been throughly investigated yet? Maybe we should also check to see he is human. I can't believe nobody has requested a dna sample yet!

  5. #1415
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    I firmly believe 0bama is a natural born citizen so stuff your "definition" BS.

    0bama says he has a copy of his original BC in his book Dreams of my Father.

    If that's true there would be no need to ask HI to send a COLB is there.

    So there must be another reason.
    Then why are you putting some much pressure on him to prove it? That doesn't make any sense.

    I believe he is a natural citizen just like GWB was, but I wouldn't support anybody putting this burden of proof on him.

    BTW... some people are already claiming his bc is a fake. You have to acknowledge what kind of people are demanding this of the president.

  6. #1416
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    On Page 26 of “Dreams of My Father”, Obama writes:

    “I discovered this article, folded away among my birth certificate and old vaccination forms, when I was in high school,”

    From “Dreams of My Father” « Just Americans Making Ethical Statements Weblog

    STFU yourself.



    Since he said he had it, and I can't find where 0bama says he looked and can't find it, that kind of narrows it down now doesn't it.
    Mabye he lost that copy... I know I have lost a few copies of my bc, or maybe he was actually talking about the COLB...

  7. #1417
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    Refusing to release his original BC years ago kept this silliness going.

    Fighting in court and spending lots of money to not release his original BC gave his political opponents legitimate reason to believe he was hiding something.

    0bama is playing this silly game for political reasons.

    Rules for Radicals anyone?

    BTW, last I heard the Governor of Hawaii tried to verify the existence of 0bama's original BC but couldn't.
    Look, he released his long bc and it didn't shut them up. They are still going. They are claiming this bc is fake and photoshopped. They are claiming whatever they can claim to keep this going. The only thing to see now, is if people like Bachmann and Trump are still going to pander to those people... They shouldn't have been pandering to the ignorant in the first place.

  8. #1418
    Professor
    Dirty Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-01-11 @ 01:48 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,390

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    Refusing to release his original BC years ago kept this silliness going.

    Fighting in court and spending lots of money to not release his original BC gave his political opponents legitimate reason to believe he was hiding something.

    0bama is playing this silly game for political reasons.

    Rules for Radicals anyone?

    BTW, last I heard the Governor of Hawaii tried to verify the existence of 0bama's original BC but couldn't.
    He released the very birth certificate everyone born in Hawaii gets. No one there gets the long form. You birthers are beyond idiotic. Obama did not spend a dime or one minute in court trying to hide the long form kept on file in Hawaii.
    I really can't believe there are people as dense as you birthers.

  9. #1419
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Raising this question isn't legitimate. I am confident our government checks into this stuff before they would allow just anybody to be sworn in...
    Our states Secretary of States are supposed to look into it. Not the Federal Government.

    50 out 0f 50 states approved 0bama's application to be on their ballot for President. Pretty solid evidence IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    What else are legitimate questions about his past? Has his ties to Muslim extremism and terror cells been throughly investigated yet? Maybe we should also check to see he is human. I can't believe nobody has requested a dna sample yet!
    Ayers, Project Vote, ACORN, Flagger, SEIU, Wright..... need more?
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  10. #1420
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Then why are you putting some much pressure on him to prove it? That doesn't make any sense.
    I'm not. I'm giving my theory as to why 0bama refused to release something he stateed he had in his possesion.

    There was no need to send off to HI for his COLB when he had his original BC.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    BTW... some people are already claiming his bc is a fake. You have to acknowledge what kind of people are demanding this of the president.
    I don't have to acknowledge anything.

    I'm well aware people are claiming his BC has been photoshopped.

    I'm waiting for a legitimate organization to make a definitive determination. I'll go with what they come up with.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •