Page 109 of 191 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1901

Thread: Obama to speak on birth certificate

  1. #1081
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    gave the issue credence by not addressing it
    One is not required satisfy every CT or slander, in order to prevent it from getting credence. From an intellectual or moral standpoint, the above is just not fair.

  2. #1082
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    AFAICT, it was. The doc that's valid enough to use to get a passport wasn't enough for some is all.

    Which he did. The doc that's valid enough to use to get a passport wasn't enough for some is all.
    But that document had numerous inconsistencies and did not specify if he was born in the US or given a US birth certificate based on his mother's citizenship...which could have been invalid. This document does what the other doesn't and that is show that Obama was born in a hospital in the US.

    Obama kept it alive? We'll haver to agree to disagree on that count.
    It seems more accurate, imho, to say that the people who spent so much time writing about it "kept the issue alive". Obviously, ymmv.
    But they'd have had nothing to speculate about if this document had been made public. From this day forward, the birther movement loses all of its steam and only those that hold on to the faith that Obama isn't an American citizen (for their own reasons) will continue to spew something that isn't factual. The rest, that found some of the questions to be very valid, have the answer they were looking for and will move on.


    The thing is, it seem to me, that in order for someone to "see what [you've] known" one has to start off already "knowing" what you've known. Otherwise, it's hard to look at what has happened and see it the way that you do.
    No really. It was his actions that made it obvious that he was a haughty elitist prick. When he talked in Oregon about how 'you can't drive suv's and set your thermostat to 68 blah blah blah' and 'we need to spread the wealth around' and he flipped McCain the bird...he's just a big douche bag really.

    To me, and perhaps others, it seems more like the birthers are the ones who kept it alive after Obama showed his birth certificate--a BC that valid, legal and sufficient to use when getting a driver's license or a passport and a jillion other uses. It's the only kind of BC that I have ever had to use in my entire life. This may also be the case of other people besides myself. The fact that it takes a special waiver to get the different kind of BC lends some credence to my theory that very few people have ever had to show more than what Obama showed some time ago.
    So, given that, I suspect that people other than just me see the entity with the "issue" in re Obama's BC as the birthers, not Obama.
    You also aren't the leader of the nation. There is a different standard. From here forward we should require all Presidential candidates to prove they are qualified for the position. It is a simple process.
    Last edited by ksu_aviator; 04-28-11 at 02:10 PM.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  3. #1083
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    so what? The reports were that McCain was rather a jokester in school, and not the best of students, but he distinguished himself in the war, and Senate. He still didn't win, so that point is now moot.


    j-mac
    yes, this grandson of a naval admiral and son of a naval admiral certainly distinuished himself
    distinguished himself at annapolis as two students did worse than he
    distinguished himself in war by causing the largest naval loss of the vietnam war in the forrestal fire
    distinguished himself in vietnam by ratting out his fellow American POWs
    distinguished himself in the senate by being a pawn of that crook, keating
    distinguished himself personally by screwing around on his wife while serving in congress

    quite distinguished. no wonder the republican party of personal responsibility and family values endorsed him as presidential candidate [/sarcasm]
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #1084
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    While I don't disagree with that sentiment, and instead heartily agree with it, I disagree with the implication that I haven't had any in a while. I am married with small two kids, AND grandma is in town!!
    If you have had small kids, then I don't need to explain anymore.
    lol....

  5. #1085
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,647

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Donald Trump will do like he always does...talk loud and talk over people, never really giving them a chance to answer the question(s) placed before them. He'll also find some way to deflect. It's what he does. And he's good at it!
    He could never be elected because:
    1. He is the carnival barker the president is speaking about and most folks already know it.
    2. His inflated ego is bigger than his bank account.
    3. He is regarded by most of Americans as having the morals/character of an alley cat.
    4. He is so full of ****. He spins half-truths and is quick to spew outright lies.
    5. Bad hair.

    This is what I think about him and I LIKE the guy. Can you imagine what someone who doesn't like him thinks about him? Polls show Obama leads Trump by 12-18 percentage points on average. Trump would have to run as an independant because the GOp won't touch this lunatic with a 10 foot pole. LOL!

    RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Trump vs. Obama
    Last edited by Captain America; 04-28-11 at 02:30 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #1086
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-28-11 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    The fact that a great deal of you are calling Birthers "morons" and "crazy" is just proof of how unintellectual and brainwashed you all are. These people had legitimate claims of which is a REAL requirement to be a valid president in this country. If there is doubt, then the president has a duty and responsibility to prove his validity. The fact that he waited over 2 years is absurd, unprofessional, and is the core of why people kept asking questions. Something so simple to prove shouldn't be hidden as it was. That also leads to questions about its validity now if it was such a simple matter to prove.

    What is wrong with asking questions, investigating the truth, and following the rules? Those requirements were written for a reason by the founders of this country. Someone who wants to see proof of such requirements isn't crazy or a moron. The only crazy people are those that blindly believe what CNN and Fox News tells them and refuses to even hear opposing arguments. It is insulting to the US Constitution and to those that gave their lives for it. Get over yourselves and open your minds to learning the truth about things. Especially when the president himself has spent more time lying to us all then telling us anything of substance.

  7. #1087
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by bejeta View Post
    The fact that a great deal of you are calling Birthers "morons" and "crazy" is just proof of how unintellectual and brainwashed you all are. These people had legitimate claims of which is a REAL requirement to be a valid president in this country. If there is doubt, then the president has a duty and responsibility to prove his validity. The fact that he waited over 2 years is absurd, unprofessional, and is the core of why people kept asking questions. Something so simple to prove shouldn't be hidden as it was. That also leads to questions about its validity now if it was such a simple matter to prove.

    What is wrong with asking questions, investigating the truth, and following the rules? Those requirements were written for a reason by the founders of this country. Someone who wants to see proof of such requirements isn't crazy or a moron. The only crazy people are those that blindly believe what CNN and Fox News tells them and refuses to even hear opposing arguments. It is insulting to the US Constitution and to those that gave their lives for it. Get over yourselves and open your minds to learning the truth about things. Especially when the president himself has spent more time lying to us all then telling us anything of substance.
    Prior to this Obama had already provided proof enough for any reasonable individual.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #1088
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Teal deer. That and starting off with an insult is guaranteed to gain you "blow off" status with a fair bit of the board.

    Quote Originally Posted by bejeta View Post
    The fact that a great deal of you are calling Birthers "morons" and "crazy" is just proof of how unintellectual and brainwashed you all are. These people had legitimate claims of which is a REAL requirement to be a valid president in this country. If there is doubt, then the president has a duty and responsibility to prove his validity. The fact that he waited over 2 years is absurd, unprofessional, and is the core of why people kept asking questions. Something so simple to prove shouldn't be hidden as it was. That also leads to questions about its validity now if it was such a simple matter to prove.

    What is wrong with asking questions, investigating the truth, and following the rules? Those requirements were written for a reason by the founders of this country. Someone who wants to see proof of such requirements isn't crazy or a moron. The only crazy people are those that blindly believe what CNN and Fox News tells them and refuses to even hear opposing arguments. It is insulting to the US Constitution and to those that gave their lives for it. Get over yourselves and open your minds to learning the truth about things. Especially when the president himself has spent more time lying to us all then telling us anything of substance.

  9. #1089
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Teal deer. That and starting off with an insult is guaranteed to gain you "blow off" status with a fair bit of the board.
    what we are observing is a meltdown
    the birthers have lost
    and they do not like it

    now will be a time of rationalization, in an attemt to explain away the inherent stupidity of their false accusations
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #1090
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Obama to speak on birth certificate

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    what we are observing is a meltdown
    the birthers have lost
    and they do not like it

    now will be a time of rationalization, in an attemt to explain away the inherent stupidity of their false accusations
    Meantime, I've yet to see one birther say "Well, whatdayaknow; I was wrong! All apologies." And that's the standard by which they shall be measured.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •