Forward to post: I want to make this thread interesting, so here is what I am going to do - Make a prediction. Whoever disagrees with me can make a bet with me. Whoever wins the bet picks a new avatar for the loser, who will have to wear that avatar for a week.
Here is my prediction - The Republicans keep the Wisconsin Senate. Explanation to be given at the bottom of this post.
Who wants to challenge me? Anybody got the guts?
6 down and 2 to go. However, I believe that this is the maximum number of recalls that the Dems will be able to initiate, as the other 2 are not vulnerable. I had predicted 5, so I missed the mark by one, which is not too bad.ALLOUEZ — Add state Sen. Rob Cowles to the growing list of senators a step closer to facing a recall election.
The Committee to Recall Cowles has enough signatures to initiate the next phase of the process and will file them with the Government Accountability Board on Thursday, Graeme Zielinski, a spokesman for the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, said Monday
Why will Republicans win the recall war? Here it is.
1) Dems have now recalled 6 Republicans. They will not recall the other 2.
2) Republicans have recalled 3 Democrats. They will not recall any more.
3) Dems will be successful in winning 3 of the Republican districts.
4) Republicans will be successful in winning one of the Democratic districts.
5) Net gain for the Democrats is 2.
6) But the Dems need a net gain of 3 to take over the Wisconsin Senate.
7) Therefore the Republicans come out on top, keep the Senate, and win the Battle of Wisconsin.
You heard it from me.
Article is here.