Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 578

Thread: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Okay, and where do we put those who we are all pretty confident have masterminded or controlled violence against Americans and other world citizens?
    Rolls eyes, I have confidence in our prison system to hold them and keep them away from others.

  2. #22
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Rolls eyes, I have confidence in our prison system to hold them and keep them away from others.
    At what expense? In what facility? With what security measures? In what state? It isn't as simple as saying "oh, we'll keep 'em separate". If you want Gitmo closed I respect your opinion, but I'm not willing to stand on some arbitrary moral compass if the alternative has the potential to harm more people. The logistics have to be worked out before anybody is moved out of that prison. I remember articles from several news sources illustrating how avidly states were fighting to keep the detainees out of their prisons. We don't want them in Gitmo, but we don't want them here, either...
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    At what expense? In what facility? With what security measures? In what state? It isn't as simple as saying "oh, we'll keep 'em separate". If you want Gitmo closed I respect your opinion, but I'm not willing to stand on some arbitrary moral compass if the alternative has the potential to harm more people. The logistics have to be worked out before anybody is moved out of that prison. I remember articles from several news sources illustrating how avidly states were fighting to keep the detainees out of their prisons. We don't want them in Gitmo, but we don't want them here, either...
    Oh, I believe they talked about a place awhile back in the media when they were discussing the civilian trails. I beleive it was the Thomson facility in Illinois prison and it was a High level security site thought its been awhile. So, I might be a little bit fuzzy on details and such but from what I read about the facility it sounds like a great place to hold these people.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 04-25-11 at 11:21 PM.

  4. #24
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Oh please, to say were all to blame is brushing this thing off like its something we shouldn't talk about. We should be talking about it and try to make changes in order to do the right thing as a people Guantanamo bay prison should be closed down.
    Well lets start with your idea, what do we do with the prisoners, how do we put them on trail, how do we capture them in field, how do we interrogate them in the field, where do we take them, who do we release, although in war time countries who capture people(I 'll use this term)in the field of battle, this individuals are either shot for being out of uniform or flag, or they become POW's until the war is over. They could built a camp on the backside of Kingwood, with just a few guards.

    I will grant you that many mistakes have been made, then again whoever said war is a endeavor of sanity. BTW I do not see any hardcore push to end these wars from either the left (especially from the left) or right, therefor we are to blame.

    BTW I agree with you...shame on Obama for lying, fighting a illegal war, torturing, attacking a sovereign country we are not at war with, with predators, starting another unconstitutional war and attacking a sovereign country without provocation. Yep we are in another fine mess aren't we RyrineaHaruno
    Last edited by deltabtry; 04-25-11 at 11:17 PM.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well lets start with your idea, what do we do with the prisoners, how do we put them on trail, how do we capture them in field, how do we interrogate them in the field, where do we take them, who do we release, although in war time countries who capture people(I 'll use this term)in the field of battle, this individuals are either shot for being out of uniform or flag, or they become POW's until the war is over. They could built a camp on the backside of Kingwood, with just a few guards.
    Wow way to broaden the question and I love how you do the scary they could put them in Kingwood with just a few guards ploy. We have that now at our local prison that is near the local ball park in the city of Humble limits. Also, it doesn't scare me to think that these people are here in Texas I would think of them the same way I do all criminals which to me they are scumbags.

    Do you even research your little threat before you posted such ridicules comments.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 04-25-11 at 11:32 PM.

  6. #26
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Wow way to broaden the question and I love how you do the scary they could put them in Kingwood with just a few guards ploy. We have that know at our local prison that is near the local ball park.

    Do you even research your little threat before you posted such ridicules comments.
    Actually no scary tactics, just making fun of the Monday morning quarter backing. It was a sarcastic post, although you being a liberal and all there is no answer, I imagine you would support a catch and release program. One thing for sure is that these fighters/terrorist or whatever play our liberals like a violin. BTW I support pulling completely out of the M.E. and if they attack again that's when we end it once and for all.

  7. #27
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Oh, I believe they talked about a place awhile back in the media when they were discussing the civilian trails. I beleive it was the Thomson facility in Illinois prison and it was a High level security site thought its been awhile. So, I might be a little bit fuzzy on details and such but from what I read about the facility it sounds like a great place to hold these people.
    In Gitmo opinion, two versions of reality

    Just a few little details so you can understand that "justice" will most surely be done. Yes, indeedy!
    Last edited by DaveFagan; 04-25-11 at 11:40 PM. Reason: forgot link

  8. #28
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    In Gitmo opinion, two versions of reality

    Just a few little details so you can understand that "justice" will most surely be done. Yes, indeedy!
    LMAO..justice, this isn't about justice, it about information and after that it about,"we have no F'en idea what to do with them". This whole affair should have stayed with Spec Ops on several levels and no war in Afghanistan, history should have told us that...no prisoners

  9. #29
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Sooo im guessing im sick because i dont support torture? I dont support questionable methods of interrogation? I dont support fair trials? I dont support the right to habeus corpus? I dont support people who have been innocent being held for years and years on end?

    Your right i am "sick".. Sorry i believe in the right of law.... Something i thought America stood for.. Oh well im just "sick."
    Who exactly was tortured at Gitmo and what was the torture method? I want exact information. Not a liberal diatribe.

    When have captured terrorist ever had US Constitutional rights like habeas corpus?

    What does the Geneva Convention say about terrorists captured on a battlefield?

    When have captured POW's, much less terrorists, had a right to a trial in US criminal or civil court?
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  10. #30
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Guantánamo leaks lift lid on world's most controversial prison

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Guantanamo is everything America is not supposed to be. Shame on Obama for breaking his promise.
    BS!

    We have detained captured POW's during every war the US has ever fought.

    Do any of you lefties even know what the Geneva Convention says about terrorists?
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •