Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 84

Thread: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    It looks like this Alaska police officer was a cop under a stolen identity. He was an illegal immigrant. To me, that makes every one of his arrests null and void and all that he arrested should go free immediately as he was no more a cop than I am. And non-cops, particularly non-citizens, i.e. illegal immigrants, can't arrest and charge people with crimes.

    Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska - FoxNews.com
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 04-23-11 at 11:49 AM.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    It doesn't make any sense to release the people he arrested since they are criminals. The article says he was widely respected. If his record is clean, I think he should be allowed to apply for citizenship.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    Because they were arrested by someone who wasn't a cop. It's the same idea as if they were sentenced by someone who wasn't a judge.

    That's not how our laws are done here. Proper protocol was not taken. Therefore, they should all be released immediately.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 04-23-11 at 12:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    It doesn't make any sense to release the people he arrested since they are criminals. The article says he was widely respected. If his record is clean, I think he should be allowed to apply for citizenship.
    Yes reward the criminal behavior......thats the liberal spirit!
    .
    .
    .

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Yes reward the criminal behavior......thats the liberal spirit!
    .
    .
    .
    You think in simplistic terms....that's the uneducated spirit!

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Because they were arrested by someone who wasn't a cop. It's the same idea as if they were sentenced by someone who wasn't a judge.

    That's not how our laws are done here. Proper protocol was not taken. Therefore, they should all be released immediately.
    I understand that. But 1) Releasing criminals puts society at risk. 2) He was technically a cop and it doesn't seem like the police department thinks his arrests will be overturned, so I'm inclined to believe that overturning decisions isn't as automatic as you make it out to be.

  7. #7
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    It looks like this Alaska police officer was a cop under a stolen identity. He was an illegal immigrant. To me, that makes every one of his arrests null and void and all that he arrested should go free immediately as he was no more a cop than I am. And non-cops, particularly non-citizens, i.e. illegal immigrants, can't arrest and charge people with crimes.

    Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska - FoxNews.com
    It is possible that felons convicted due to his testimony will have the right to appeal based on this new development. As to his arrests being null and void? You don't have to be a police officer to arrest someone. Quite a background check they must run on police officer candidates. Idiots.

    I don't agree that any wheels ought to be greased to give him citizenship. In fact, he should be prosecuted for stealing someone's identity.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    You think in simplistic terms....that's the uneducated spirit!
    Is it a crime to enter this country illegaly.....?

    ........then why reward rather than punish the action?

    Simplistic and common sense dont apply to Democrat contentions.......
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't agree that any wheels ought to be greased to give him citizenship. In fact, he should be prosecuted for stealing someone's identity.
    ......Amen......
    .
    .
    .

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Officials: Illegal Immigrant Became a Cop in Alaska

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Because they were arrested by someone who wasn't a cop. It's the same idea as if they were sentenced by someone who wasn't a judge.

    That's not how our laws are done here. Proper protocol was not taken. Therefore, they should all be released immediately.
    His arrests should be reviewed, I'm sure most if not everything he did was proper, besides stealing an identity obviously, but as you point out he wasn't eligible to be a police officer anyway. However being eligible and capable aren't always the same thing, and there's no reason to not review his arrests and therefore avoid the risk of releasing a criminal who shouldn't be released, especially since if you just let them go and drop the sentence you can't charge him later for the same crime if its obvious he was guilty. Besides like you say, the Judge was a citizen and his verdicts shouldn't be contested since the police officer's citizenship isn't relevant to the evidence and trial which convicted those people.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •