Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 120

Thread: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

  1. #11
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    ... the labor board said that Boeing’s decision to transfer a second production line for its new 787 Dreamliner passenger plane to South Carolina was motivated by an unlawful desire to retaliate against union workers for their past strikes in Washington and to discourage future strikes. The agency’s acting general counsel, Lafe Solomon, said it was illegal for companies to take actions in retaliation against workers for exercising the right to strike. ...
    smoking gun communications point to boeing engaging in unfair labor practices

    federal government enforces those legal requirements


    my prediction is that boeing will be allowed to remain in charleston with stipulations requiring any terminations/layoffs to first be required at the sc facility

    that would make the union whole
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #12
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    smoking gun communications point to boeing engaging in unfair labor practices

    federal government enforces those legal requirements


    my prediction is that boeing will be allowed to remain in charleston with stipulations requiring any terminations/layoffs to first be required at the sc facility

    that would make the union whole
    Yeah, I hate to see that, but you maybe right. Boeing should have the right to walk on an expired union agreement if it is up for re-negotiating, or decide not to have union help, if that is the way the workers vote.

  3. #13
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    What always confuses me about those that keep sticking up for those poor union workers is this. If this 2nd line of of Boeing is so profitable, then why don't the union, just buy them out … keep it where it is, and then they could share all that profit among themselves?

    How much of an investment could it be, from what I can find out there are approx. 180,000 members of this union, so if they invested just $10,000 each that would be 1.8 billion dollars for that one line. Problem solved, seeing it would be a workers owned company there should never be another strike. With those huge profits being made by Boeing, why workers bonuses should more then pay off their investments in just a few years.

    I know this will never happen, because unions want to enjoy all that they can, without any of the risks of putting up their own money. I just can't help but to think, if they were to put up their own money, and risk their livelihood, they would see things differently.

  4. #14
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    What always confuses me about those that keep sticking up for those poor union workers is this. If this 2nd line of of Boeing is so profitable, then why don't the union, just buy them out … keep it where it is, and then they could share all that profit among themselves?

    How much of an investment could it be, from what I can find out there are approx. 180,000 members of this union, so if they invested just $10,000 each that would be 1.8 billion dollars for that one line. Problem solved, seeing it would be a workers owned company there should never be another strike. With those huge profits being made by Boeing, why workers bonuses should more then pay off their investments in just a few years.

    I know this will never happen, because unions want to enjoy all that they can, without any of the risks of putting up their own money. I just can't help but to think, if they were to put up their own money, and risk their livelihood, they would see things differently.
    Why of course, just like any worker who choses to slave for someone else in exchange for bread & water. Did you buy the company you work for? Were you Union? LOL!

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    What always confuses me about those that keep sticking up for those poor union workers is this. If this 2nd line of of Boeing is so profitable, then why don't the union, just buy them out … keep it where it is, and then they could share all that profit among themselves?

    How much of an investment could it be, from what I can find out there are approx. 180,000 members of this union, so if they invested just $10,000 each that would be 1.8 billion dollars for that one line. Problem solved, seeing it would be a workers owned company there should never be another strike. With those huge profits being made by Boeing, why workers bonuses should more then pay off their investments in just a few years.

    I know this will never happen, because unions want to enjoy all that they can, without any of the risks of putting up their own money. I just can't help but to think, if they were to put up their own money, and risk their livelihood, they would see things differently.
    Well, for one, Boeing isn't going to sell a production line for planes that cost $200 million each for $1.8 billion and create competition for their own freaking airplane.
    Last edited by Deuce; 04-21-11 at 08:59 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    I believe Unions are run like the Mafia and act as the same. They also are blindly following and anti-American who I see as a Godless Ideologue, who is bent of our destruction in favor of his idea of Socialist/Marxist utopia.

  7. #17
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    Quote Originally Posted by shintao View Post
    Why of course, just like any worker who choses to slave for someone else in exchange for bread & water. Did you buy the company you work for? Were you Union? LOL!
    Are you for real? Now a job at Boeing is equal to being a slave?

    You are worse than a racist because you minimize the ugliness of true slavery with such reprehensible comparisons. Have you no dignity?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/bu.../21boeing.html



    Maybe one day some of the pro-union lovers including the president will realize that more and more businesses don't agree with being unionized.

    Thoughts?

    The Mayor knows the pro-union people don't give a rat's ass who doesn't want to be in a union, if they get the power, they're going to force them in, anyway.

    They're certainly not going to let a company move to a free state when they're already in a slave state.

    Shades of the Underground Railroad....

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    smoking gun communications point to boeing engaging in unfair labor practices

    federal government enforces those legal requirements


    my prediction is that boeing will be allowed to remain in charleston with stipulations requiring any terminations/layoffs to first be required at the sc facility

    that would make the union whole
    Nothing "unfair" about opening an assembly line in a different state. Not in the least.

    If Boing had opted to open the same facility in a slave state, there would be no mention of "unfair" trade practices, hence the practice is not inherently unfair.

    Also, deciding who to layoff or fire, and where, isn't a subject the federal government has any authority to interfere with. Those decisions are proprietary to the owners of the company. Perhaps this is why Boing is desirous of shifting portions of it's operations out of a slave state and into a free state?
    Last edited by Mayor Snorkum; 04-22-11 at 03:42 AM.

  10. #20
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Labor Board Tells Boeing New Factory Breaks Law

    Seattle (and Boeing) was built by union workers, not by entrepreneurial ideas and investments. If the capitalists all go away, all will be well in Seattle.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •