Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 372

Thread: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

  1. #191
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Noodle is a lib.
    What was your first clue. =)

  2. #192
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    What was your first clue. =)
    The username.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #193
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The turd that you keep polishing is bankrupting the country.


    Here, right from your link, that ****ing traitor FDR should have gotten his head blown off for what he did to this country. And you people have the balls to talk to us about Bush war crime trials, while you put that traitor on a pedestal.
    So, you see law as political. We can't trust either republican judges or democrat judges. Is this your argument? has it ever occured to you that regardless of who appoints who, there is actual law and that judges to do their best to read and understand the law? radical stuff I know, but if we accept your reading, there is no such thing as law.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #194
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, you see law as political. We can't trust either republican judges or democrat judges. Is this your argument? has it ever occured to you that regardless of who appoints who, there is actual law and that judges to do their best to read and understand the law? radical stuff I know, but if we accept your reading, there is no such thing as law.
    Then I assume that you agree that the lib Wisconson SC agitator should quit wasting the peoples money, and concede right?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #195
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, you see law as political. We can't trust either republican judges or democrat judges. Is this your argument?
    we shouldn't trust anyone with power over us; especially those who are unnaccountable and possess the power to overturn our representative government at will.

    has it ever occured to you that regardless of who appoints who, there is actual law and that judges to do their best to read and understand the law?
    absolutely there are. there are also many judges who buy that they can twist the law to fill their preferences.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    we shouldn't trust anyone with power over us; especially those who are unnaccountable and possess the power to overturn our representative government at will.
    Not the kind of trust I'm talking about CP. If you believe everything you're told, you're useless and easily fooled. However, if you believe nothing, accept nothing, you're just as useless. If law is nothing more than politics, we have no law.

    absolutely there are. there are also many judges who buy that they can twist the law to fill their preferences.
    My trouble is that you and others assume anything that is the answer you want is someone twisting the law. That's weak and more excuse making than anything else. It is always possible you're just wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #197
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then I assume that you agree that the lib Wisconson SC agitator should quit wasting the peoples money, and concede right?

    j-mac
    Concede? No. Whine like republcians about the court making law? Hell no. I'd tell them to make a better argument. That is how the system works.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #198
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    What was your first clue. =)
    When he ranted against teachers, Muslims, Hispanics, and illegals?
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #199
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, you see law as political. We can't trust either republican judges or democrat judges. Is this your argument? has it ever occured to you that regardless of who appoints who, there is actual law and that judges to do their best to read and understand the law? radical stuff I know, but if we accept your reading, there is no such thing as law.
    What part of "pack the court" don't you get?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Poll shows Americans oppose entitlement cuts to deal with debt problem

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What part of "pack the court" don't you get?
    What part of the law is the law don't you get. And haven't you noticed that packing the court hasn't actually produced the expected results? Why? Because the law actually has some form to it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •