Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 311

Thread: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

  1. #101
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    No, you obviously don't want to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'll stick with the rule of law, thanks!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #102
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If that were actually the case, I wouldn't support public unions either. But it is not. Public unions have negotiated in good faith with their employers to recieve better benefits in lieu of salary. The fact of the matter is that our teachers, firemen, and policemen are paid too little, not too much, and the lack of union representation is going to hurt the service to the public they perform as you won't be able to attract quality people for less then they can make in the private market.
    Union BS Talking points.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What about them? Do they expect to get public services for less than it would cost them in the private market?
    Taxpayers = slaves to the state, we know.



    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The employer negotiated for higher benefits to keep their salaries lower.
    No, the employer are the People of the State, and for too long they were out of loop as political hacks negotiated sweetheart deals with other peoples monies in exchange for campaign contributions and votes. Which is what the Dem's are REALLY upset about, that power/money spigot just got turned off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Okay, ignore history in Germany if it makes you uncomfortable. Unions are the first thing to go in clearing the way for corporate control of government. There can be no right to bargain collectively in a fascist controlled system. Why would you expect workers to happily give up this right?
    What about the rights of the PEOPLE? You seem to ignore that.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #103
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    If that were actually the case, I wouldn't support public unions either. But it is not. Public unions have negotiated in good faith with their employers to recieve better benefits in lieu of salary. The fact of the matter is that our teachers, firemen, and policemen are paid too little, not too much, and the lack of union representation is going to hurt the service to the public they perform as you won't be able to attract quality people for less then they can make in the private market.
    I dissagree. For starters, the tax payers/voters are the public union’s employers and as such, they have just spoken (in Wisconsin anyway).

    Second, I completely disagree with your assessments that public employees are paid too little rather than too much and that union representation is what attracts quality employees for less than they can make in the private sector. I don’t know where you get the numbers to support such absurd ideas (well maybe from the union’s website) but here in the real world things work a little differently than you presume.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I dissagree. For starters, the tax payers/voters are the public union’s employers and as such, they have just spoken (in Wisconsin anyway).

    Second, I completely disagree with your assessments that public employees are paid too little rather than too much and that union representation is what attracts quality employees for less than they can make in the private sector. I don’t know where you get the numbers to support such absurd ideas (well maybe from the union’s website) but here in the real world things work a little differently than you presume.

    Cata merely parrots the DNC Tlaking points from DailyKos. No one that has bothered to actually look into the issue can say the PSU are underpaid, and under compensated. That's just non-sense.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #105
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Cata merely parrots the DNC Tlaking points from DailyKos. No one that has bothered to actually look into the issue can say the PSU are underpaid, and under compensated. That's just non-sense.
    Is it possible to disagree without it being called parroting talking points?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #106
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Is it possible to disagree without it being called parroting talking points?
    Sure but it would require some original thought or a talking point that is at least partially founded in reality.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Sure but it would require some original thought or a talking point that is at least partially founded in reality.
    Not sure original means different. For example, if one has never read those sites, the thougth would be original even if it was simlar to them. Nor does it mean that either is incorrect. As the the discourse should focus on the validity of the points, and not the originality of them, I think the tactic of calling something a talking point is meant to side step the point. Do you think I'm wrong?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #108
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    I dissagree. For starters, the tax payers/voters are the public union’s employers and as such, they have just spoken (in Wisconsin
    anyway).

    How did you arrive at that conclusion? Walker did not run on busting the union.

    Second, I completely disagree with your assessments that public employees are paid too little rather than too much and that union representation is what attracts quality employees for less than they can make in the private sector. I don’t know where you get the numbers to support such absurd ideas (well maybe from the union’s website) but here in the real world things work a little differently than you presume.
    Tell me why you think the best and the brighest college graduates would want to go into a career that doesn't pay squat?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #109
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not sure original means different. For example, if one has never read those sites, the thougth would be original even if it was simlar to them. Nor does it mean that either is incorrect. As the the discourse should focus on the validity of the points, and not the originality of them, I think the tactic of calling something a talking point is meant to side step the point. Do you think I'm wrong?
    Yes I think you are wrong. For example, “Walker did not run on busting the union” is simply a talking point put out by the far left. It really has no relevance to the issue at hand because there are no laws requiring Walker to only pass laws that he campaigned on.

    Are you suggesting that Catawba watched every Walker campaign speech and came up with this on his own? It is a talking point. It isn’t original and even though it may be factual, it isn’t relevant to the issue at hand.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  10. #110
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Petition to recall Wisconsin GOP Sen. Sheila Harsdorf to be filed Tuesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Tell me why you think the best and the brighest college graduates would want to go into a career that doesn't pay squat?
    I never said anything of the sort.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •