Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Tuesday Is National Hiring Day At McD’s

  1. #31
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    It's like 2pm where I am at, must be a union worker.
    I'm putting in 12 hours today, salary, and I drink coffee all day.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No...that's the "reality" that the corporate world/GOP want to create. One in which there is no middle class and the workers are at the whims of the corporate elite.
    The true reality is that we as a country do not have to accept this. We live in the greatest country in the world because we don't have to sit back and take the crumbs that the ruling class want to throw to us. However, it requires us to be vigilant and fight against the Republicans that want to bring your vision of reality to us. I think that we can do better than that.
    Do tell... please elaborate. What exactly IS my vision of reality, since you seem to know me so well...

  3. #33
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm putting in 12 hours today, salary, and I drink coffee all day.
    12hrs.? That's it? Ha....Just kidding.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #34
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No...that's the "reality" that the corporate world/GOP want to create. One in which there is no middle class and the workers are at the whims of the corporate elite.

    If this is the case, then why is it that the Obama administration is drooling over this news?

    The true reality is that we as a country do not have to accept this. We live in the greatest country in the world because we don't have to sit back and take the crumbs that the ruling class want to throw to us.
    So supposing that you are out of work, and have used up your 2 years of unemployment, you don't have to take this? Too good for a job eh? I think your ilk calls that the bourgoise socialists.

    However, it requires us to be vigilant and fight against the Republicans that want to bring your vision of reality to us. I think that we can do better than that.
    Better than your version where you drive out all the job creators with unfair taxation, all because you are too good to work.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #35
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Tuesday Is National Hiring Day At McD’s

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Mc Donalds to hire 50,000 isnt that wonderful...50,000 more working poor that the teaparty will want to pay more and save for their retirement and health benefits to give tax cuts to the wealthiest...


    Tuesday Is National Hiring Day At*McD’s « Tuesday Is National Hiring Day At McD’s « CBS Minnesota
    It is an unfortunate fact, but capitalism is a "survival of the fittest" type of system. Here it is in a nutshell - If someone is too lazy to invest his energy trying to better himself, then maybe he deserves to work at McDonald's. Just as companies compete with each other, we as citizens also compete with each other for the better jobs. The best are going to win, and the losers will be Mickey D'ers.

    **DanaRhea puts on his flameproof suit**
    Last edited by danarhea; 04-20-11 at 05:24 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #36
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    You think $8.00 per hour and maybe medical insurance which pays up to $400 per year is a career opportunity?
    Is that what they pay?

    I think min wage is around 7 an hour here

  7. #37
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Do tell... please elaborate. What exactly IS my vision of reality, since you seem to know me so well...
    Well.....since you seem to want to live in a world in which it is normal for thousands of people to line up for a few minimum wage jobs...and considering that you pretty much rubberstamp the GOP agenda....I think your vision of reality is pretty easy to figure out.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #38
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If this is the case, then why is it that the Obama administration is drooling over this news?



    So supposing that you are out of work, and have used up your 2 years of unemployment, you don't have to take this? Too good for a job eh? I think your ilk calls that the bourgoise socialists.



    Better than your version where you drive out all the job creators with unfair taxation, all because you are too good to work.

    j-mac
    First of all....If Obama is drooling over this....then he is just a wrong as the others.

    Second...Nothing in anything that I have said would support your argument that I want to drive out jobs and let people stay home and collect unemployment.

    The fact that I am against a system that drives out good paying American jobs and replaces them with minimum wage service industry jobs does not equal what your spin claims.

    I have nothing against McDonalds and I'm glad that they are hiring...however, it is the fact that there are so many people out there that are seeking ANY job to be given to them that comes as a result of economic policies that reward the corporate elite by destroying the middle class...that I am condemning.

    The GOP is at war with the middle/working class and the people of this country must stand up and fight against them.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #39
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    I'd work there if I had to. I see this as a good sign in the economy, and I can't say that as a company or a business that McD's has ever really upset me or done anything ethically wrong.

    They have the best french fries and I like their big mac sauce, so on second thought, maybe I should never work there. I'd probably weight half a ton like the kid in the other thread.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Job Recovery ?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Well.....since you seem to want to live in a world in which it is normal for thousands of people to line up for a few minimum wage jobs...and considering that you pretty much rubberstamp the GOP agenda....I think your vision of reality is pretty easy to figure out.
    Proof you don't really know waht you're talking about.

    Case dismissed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •