Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 295

Thread: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    From the FoxNews interview w/Clinton in post #75, if the book Clinton's referring to is Richard Clark's book, "Your Government Failed You," then Clinton was 100% correct. I've read that book and it is very informative. Not only does it outlining the various changes our military and government has gone through since the Vietnam era, it also goes into great detail on the Clinton administrations efforts to capture or kill OBL and how the FBI/CIA dropped the ball in that regard by their petty bickering and neither side wanting to take the financial or "political" responsibility for covert operations if things fell through. Even the 9/11 Report speak on this matter.

    Clinton was right not to just sit there and take Chris Wallace's BS.

  2. #82
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Oh brother. Control the media?

    You wouldn't know media control if it bit you in the ass first worlder.
    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Wow, Clinton destroyed him. That was amazing.
    they both destroyed the faux news propagandists
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #83
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I do know this:

    If a republican is cut off by any reporter while he/she is trying to speak and then tells that reporter, "Next time let me finish my thoughts", I won't compare him/her to Al Capone and I won't hint that he/she is a bitch for requesting such a normal thing to request.

    Well, we will have to wait and see won't we....You don't mind if I save this post for future reference do you?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #84
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, we will have to wait and see won't we....You don't mind if I save this post for future reference do you?

    j-mac
    Please do. I want to consider myself to be a reasonable man, and if I ever lambast a person for wanting to be able to finish his/her thoughts, please point it out to me so that I will know that I am in fact not reasonable.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  5. #85
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, that isn't what I said. You know that too. You can bring up what ever you wish, no matter how small and petty it makes you appear. But when you post something making it appear as though someone else is saying these things, it is not only dishonest, but should not be tolerated.



    So you think you should be able to just post anything and attribute it to your opposition whether true or not, as long as it scathingly mocks, and ridicules your opponent....? And you think that is an honorable way to debate?



    Sure you did, and although you didn't direct it at a person, you generalized which is worse.



    See, that is your problem. You think because the reporter didn't ask softball questions of your hero Obama, that he is biased. Yet, if the roles are reversed, would I be correct in assuming that a liberal media person asking questions of a conservative, and not allowing that conservative to get away with skewing the facts is a biased PoS and out to get him as well?



    No, I don't think he is evil either, I disagree with how he fundamentally sees this country, and her place in the world, and I think that his policies are ruiness for this country, and I also think that he outright lies to avoid the tough stances, and decisions he has made.



    No, I can't stand listening to him because he is a liar. And I don't need some 20 minute lecture to answer a 30 second question. As for knowing who he is, the time for that was in 2007, but you libs did your best to help him hide that didn't you?



    Crazy? no. Hateful, absolutely! He is very transparent in holding grudges. As for sounding insane? I guess that is a matter of what you think of his policies isn't it?



    Well, you'd be dead wrong. See, that is the problem with you assuming anything. Although I think that Obama is purposely withholding his long form BC, because it is a distraction, and a way to paint with a broad brush his opposition, just like you attempted here, but I called you on, I am more so interested in his upbringing, whom influenced him at a young age, his schooling, and his grades and papers, what he thought, who he really is.

    But you go ahead and cling to bomb throwing of sorts like you tried here, and I am sure that more accolades like the one from Bubba will emerge, and your position on the far left will be staked out for you.

    j-mac
    The only person I made an assumption about was the journalist, and I admit it was an assumption... There is nothing wrong with making an assumption, and I feel it was an informed assumption. Yep, I assume the guy is biased... most journalists are. Most people know that and make those assumptions. And I'll go even further and assume his lean is conservative.... which is probably a common assumption on this thread.

    I really think you're overreacting... and making a big fuss over nothing. I am not coming out of left field with my assumptions, nor are they ignorant or offensive.

    I didn't make an assumption about all Conservatives of even all Conservatives posting on this thread... I said birtherism is stupid, and I don't think the president is entirely bad. That doesn't make me a liberal btw..

    I still fail to see why you have a problem with that...
    Last edited by SheWolf; 04-19-11 at 03:03 PM.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    I still don't really understand what's wrong with asking to be able to complete one's answer when asked a question.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #87
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,508

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    the problem isn't the president being interrupted by some little nobody and letting it get to him so he loses a little presidential composure

    no, the trouble is the president doesn't have any answers, interrupted or not

    for jobs, for housing, for gasoline, for afghanistan, libya, iran, the middle east...

    for the budget mess whoever's-to-blame got us in

    for entitlements and the inevitable major restructuring physics will impose upon us if we don't act

    all he's about anymore is invest, invest, invest

    and class division

    let him talk

    leadership, anyone?
    Nobody has those answers... Not Obama, not Boehner, none of them. Yet millions of Americans keep thinking otherwise...

  8. #88
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I still don't really understand what's wrong with asking to be able to complete one's answer when asked a question.
    Nothing. Nothing at all. So this thread makes very little sense.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #89
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I still don't really understand what's wrong with asking to be able to complete one's answer when asked a question.
    Because there are some here who interpret it as being whiny or rude.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  10. #90
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nothing. Nothing at all. So this thread makes very little sense.
    Nah. It makes sense if you just look at it as some one trying to paint the President doing some rude/unreasonable when he just wants to fully answer a question.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •