Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 295

Thread: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

  1. #241
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Are you even remotely f'n serious about debating politics?
    I think he's serious -- it's just that how he perceives the whole idea deviates significantly from accepted social convention.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    I think he's serious -- it's just that how he perceives the whole idea deviates significantly from accepted social convention.
    .... Dan, how did you feel about Teddy Roosevelt and his disdain for Henry Ford? The way I've understood it, you're old as ****. So you obviously have an opinion on early 20th century Republican disdain for social corporatists like Ford. Please say you do? If you do not, I will pounce on you. I MEAN IT BITCH!
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #243
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This thread has reached a new level of stupidity. You're asking him whether he was pissed about something that happened nearly 20 years ago? Are you even remotely f'n serious about debating politics? What's next? Are you going to ask whether he was angry about that time that Nixon was grilled about his involvement in Water Gate? I'm sure you'll blow a casket if Dan tells you he didn't really care.
    Which is why I provided the video, and TED did exactly what I expected, found a reason why it was ok for Rather to act as he did.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #244
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .... Dan, how did you feel about Teddy Roosevelt and his disdain for Henry Ford? The way I've understood it, you're old as ****. So you obviously have an opinion on early 20th century Republican disdain for social corporatists like Ford. Please say you do? If you do not, I will pounce on you. I MEAN IT BITCH!
    ****, man, I'll go you one better -- I've got some very definite opinions about Lincoln's indifference towards the Constitution and the abolition of slavery! Ask me about the Magna Carta! Quiz me on Jesus Christ, we opened a winery together! I've seen it all!! BRING IT ON MOTHER****ER!
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Which is why I provided the video, and TED did exactly what I expected, found a reason why it was ok for Rather to act as he did.
    .... Dan just explained to you that he was 11 when that incident happened. He didn't really give much of a **** about why it happened. He stated that both men interrupted each other and were both rude. He simply stated what happened and what he thought of it. How you get from that he thought it was 'ok' to be rude, is beyond me. Maybe you have some sort of monitor that sees which parts of Dan's brain is activating?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 04-21-11 at 02:31 AM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #246
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Which is why I provided the video, and TED did exactly what I expected, found a reason why it was ok for Rather to act as he did.
    Uh, no, that's exactly what I didn't do. I pointed out that it was silly of you to pick on Rather when Bush was just as bad, then I closed with:

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Rude is rude, no matter who or what, regardless of the fact that Sarah Palin is a laughing stock from where I'm sitting.
    Do you actually read what I say, or do you read just enough to prove your point when taken out of context and ignore the rest?
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #247
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Which is why I provided the video, and TED did exactly what I expected, found a reason why it was ok for Rather to act as he did.

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    It is a total joke and complete joke that you brought this up, for two reasons:

    1) Bush and Rather took turns interrupting each other. They were both rude.

    2) I was 11 when that was filmed, so it would've been most unusual for me to have noticed it at the time.
    And something prevents you from forming an opinion now (which is something you've already done).



    Rude is rude, no matter who or what, regardless of the fact that Sarah Palin is a laughing stock from where I'm sitting.
    Oh bullsh**. You're answer shows that you'd applaud the reporter. Don't say you don't carry Obama's water any more. It's just laughable. Remember how you refused to believe a reporter was kept in the closet at a Biden fund-raiser? LOL
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #248
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Uh, no, that's exactly what I didn't do. I pointed out that it was silly of you to pick on Rather when Bush was just as bad, then I closed with:
    That's funny, I thought it was on the reporter to have respect for the office, but I guess that's only when Obama's in it.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #249
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Oh bullsh**. You're answer shows that you'd applaud the reporter.
    Please quote me where I said it was okay for Rather to do what he did. You can't, but I'd like to see you go through the mental contortions necessary to twist my words in that direction.

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Don't say you don't carry Obama's water any more. It's just laughable.
    Don't pretend to be interested in actual adult discussion any more. It's just laughable.

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Remember how you refused to believe a reporter was kept in the closet at a Biden fund-raiser? LOL
    Yeah, because the whole premise was absurd for reasons that were explored in detail in that thread.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Oh bullsh**. You're answer shows that you'd applaud the reporter.

    Are you reading past what Dan is saying? I bet if you try really hard you can visualize Dan writing on his desk about how much he loves Dan Rather for interrupting Bush I about 20 years ago. If you try even harder you'll be able to see Dan tattooing Rather's mug on his ass. That's how much we on the left love rude reporters. We tattoo their faces on us. It's a fact.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •