Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 295

Thread: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

  1. #181
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    The absolute best part of NY, aside from from the upper north end. I'll bet it's killer out there during the fall.

    Good stuff!
    As a kid we camped in NY and went to the family cabin at Piseco Lake.

    We searched for "diamonds" in the hills near Little Falls. Lots of good memories.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  2. #182
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    With skin that thin it's no wonder 0bama has a "Shake and Bow" foreign policy.

    He has no idea what to do when his olive branch receives and middle finger in reply.
    Have you ever stopped to think that maybe this sort of thing happens to him often moreso by right-leaning journalist than those from the left? I really wonder why people are making such a big deal out this. I mean, my goodness! What's wrong with someone, including and ESPECIALLY the President of the United States, insisting on being respected and extended common courtesy. I mean, even the religious-right insist on following the teachings of sound, Christian values among them being showing respect. Why then are so many people on the Right so offended that the President asked a journalist at the end of an interview to just be respectful and let him finish his statements before interupting? It's like you people are applauding folks who are purposely being impolite just to get under this man's skin only to then come out and claim how "thin skinned" he is.

    C'mon! When you bait people like that so often it's bound to get on your nerves. I don't blame the President or anyone for that matter for speaking up and insisting on being treated fairly.

  3. #183
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Have you ever stopped to think that maybe this sort of thing happens to him often moreso by right-leaning journalist than those from the left? I really wonder why people are making such a big deal out this. I mean, my goodness! What's wrong with someone, including and ESPECIALLY the President of the United States, insisting on being respected and extended common courtesy. I mean, even the religious-right insist on following the teachings of sound, Christian values among them being showing respect. Why then are so many people on the Right so offended that the President asked a journalist at the end of an interview to just be respectful and let him finish his statements before interupting? It's like you people are applauding folks who are purposely being impolite just to get under this man's skin only to then come out and claim how "thin skinned" he is.

    C'mon! When you bait people like that so often it's bound to get on your nerves. I don't blame the President or anyone for that matter for speaking up and insisting on being treated fairly.
    Either of the Clintons would have ripped the reporter a new one...as would John McCain. Sometimes decorum is overrated....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    You get respect when I first meet you but if you prove yourself unworthy by disrespecting me I will not continue to give to you. Obama has proven himself unworthy by doing just that. Sometimes in life if you are decided to be unworthy people will disrespect you on a regular basis because frankly they damn well should.

    Plus Obama likes to not really answer questions, and that kind of answering of questions shouldn't be put up with and should be interrupted. When I ask you a question MR president I expect you to answer it, not run around it.
    Last edited by Henrin; 04-20-11 at 02:33 PM.

  5. #185
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Scedule more time. If the question is worth asking, it's worth listening to the entire answer.
    Not when the answer is obfuscation, and pure BS.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #186
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not when the answer is obfuscation, and pure BS.

    j-mac
    J, you had little problem with the Bush platitudes that never answered any question.

    That said, I don't favor non-answers, and by all means try to get an actual answer, but if you are going to ask the question, let the person answer. The follow up, even state that wasn't a complete answer if such is the case, but allow him to answer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #187
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    president obama, WHAT are you gonna do to reform our budget?

    and WHEN?

    answers, anyone?

  8. #188
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What a child this man is. Thin skinned, and unwilling to be challenged in his answers to tough questions. In fact anyone remember during the campaign, reporters he didn't like the questions of somehow disappeared from the press pool?

    This is a man that likes to 'control' the media and when he can't it rattles him. What a loser he is.

    j-mac
    Seeing how politicians in general like to give a long winded non-answer(or even a long winded answer to bury what they actually mean) instead of just a straight answer, maybe reporters should cut them off. You could ask a politician what his favorite color is and he or she would give a long winded non-answer on the importance of colors or some other bs.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #189
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Seeing how politicians in general like to give a long winded non-answer(or even a long winded answer to bury what they actually mean) instead of just a straight answer, maybe reporters should cut them off. You could ask a politician what his favorite color is and he or she would give a long winded non-answer on the importance of colors or some other bs.
    Part of that is our fault for a couple of reasons. 1) anything he does say that is honest will be used against him, and we let those types of attacks work. 2) we don't have the patience to sit through an answer to a complicated issue. A short, sound bit answer will most likely not cover most issues. and 3) there is a tendency among the partisan to always see the other side as not answering simply because they didn't get the answer they wanted.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama to reporter: 'Let me finish my answers' next time

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    anything he does say that is honest will be used against him
    ah...

    leadership, anyone?

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •