Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    You know I don't blame the state of Louisiana for doing this either as the Times Picayune of New Orleans reports. Is this payback for the way Obama treated Louisiana last summer? Obama handled the BP oilspill off their coast terribly and to top that, he shut the drilling down off their coast that provided thousands of jobs for Louisianans. These lawmakers are doing the right thing and I believe this bill will pass in their legislature. Louisiana depends on Oil and Gas revenue to survive and their constitution is written in a manner where they get a set percentage of the cost for a barrel of oil that goes into their general fund. That was put in place by then Governor Edwin Edwards. Governor Bobby Jindal, who also isn't a natural born citizen, should sign this into law because he had enough of Obama's stonewalling last summer on the spill. There is nothing wrong with taking extra precautions to make sure presidential candidates are Natural Born Citizens to meet the qualifications for Article 2 Section 1.

    Presidential candidates would have to show birth certificates under Louisiana proposal | NOLA.com

    A pair of Republican state lawmakers have filed legislation to require future presidential candidates to prove their U.S. citizenship by providing "an original or certified copy" of their birth certificate in order to qualify for the Louisiana ballot

    The bill, co-sponsored by state Sen. A.G. Crowe, R-Slidell, would require candidates who want to appear on presidential primary or general election ballots to include an affidavit attesting to the candidate's citizenship that would be accompanied by a birth certificate "that includes the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, and signatures of the witnesses in attendance."




    House Bill 561 can be found here:
    http://legis.state.la.us/billdata/st...asp?did=742268
    Last edited by Apuzo; 04-16-11 at 12:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Excellent. All states should require this

    You have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear

  3. #3
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    It is a requirement to be President. You have to be a born citizen and of age...the birth certificate covers both. I'm sure there will be a huge controversy...but it is sound legislation in my opinion. I'd also like to see them add proof of residency.

    Hell, I have to give a SSN#, proof of residency, proof of employment, pee in a cop, three references, finger prints, proof of qualifications and a whole slew of other things just to fly a small airplane. I think the President of the United States can manage to prove he's qualified.
    Last edited by ksu_aviator; 04-16-11 at 12:33 PM.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Its not about making sure the President is a natural citizen, its not about "getting back" at Obama for anything, its just about a few politicians pulling a stunt for votes and attention.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    I made a couple of calls. I had no idea THIS was going to happen!

    You all!!

  6. #6
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Its not about making sure the President is a natural citizen, its not about "getting back" at Obama for anything, its just about a few politicians pulling a stunt for votes and attention.
    In this case, the "stunt" is what the people want...so I'd say it is the politicians doing what their constituents ask of them.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  7. #7
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post
    You know I don't blame the state of Louisiana for doing this either as the Times Picayune of New Orleans reports. Is this payback for the way Obama treated Louisiana last summer? Obama handled the BP oilspill off their coast terribly and to top that, he shut the drilling down off their coast that provided thousands of jobs for Louisianans. These lawmakers are doing the right thing and I believe this bill will pass in their legislature. Louisiana depends on Oil and Gas revenue to survive and their constitution is written in a manner where they get a set percentage of the cost for a barrel of oil that goes into their general fund. That was put in place by then Governor Edwin Edwards. Governor Bobby Jindal, who also isn't a natural born citizen, should sign this into law because he had enough of Obama's stonewalling last summer on the spill. There is nothing wrong with taking extra precautions to make sure presidential candidates are Natural Born Citizens to meet the qualifications for Article 2 Section 1.

    Presidential candidates would have to show birth certificates under Louisiana proposal | NOLA.com

    A pair of Republican state lawmakers have filed legislation to require future presidential candidates to prove their U.S. citizenship by providing "an original or certified copy" of their birth certificate in order to qualify for the Louisiana ballot

    The bill, co-sponsored by state Sen. A.G. Crowe, R-Slidell, would require candidates who want to appear on presidential primary or general election ballots to include an affidavit attesting to the candidate's citizenship that would be accompanied by a birth certificate "that includes the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, and signatures of the witnesses in attendance."
    Arizona's done the same:
    The Arizona proposal would require political parties and presidential candidates to hand in affidavits stating a candidate’s citizenship and age and to provide the candidate’s birth certificate and a sworn statement saying where the candidate has lived for 14 years.

    If candidates don’t have a copy of their birth certificates, they could meet the requirement by providing baptismal or circumcision certificates, hospital birth records and other documents.
    In Arizona, presidential candidates will have to provide proof of birth

    House Bill 561 can be found here:
    http://legis.state.la.us/billdata/st...asp?did=742268[/QUOTE]

    This should have already been in place on the national level. It's about time.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #8
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    It is a requirement to be President. You have to be a born citizen and of age...the birth certificate covers both. I'm sure there will be a huge controversy...but it is sound legislation in my opinion. I'd also like to see them add proof of residency.

    Hell, I have to give a SSN#, proof of residency, proof of employment, pee in a cop, three references, finger prints, proof of qualifications and a whole slew of other things just to fly a small airplane. I think the President of the United States can manage to prove he's qualified.
    The bill does require proof of residency. I put a link up to read the bill.

    Here it is and scroll down to see the proposal for residency requirements. As you will notice in the bill, there are no stipulations under current Louisiana law that provides for a presidential candidate to prove he is a natural born citizen.

    http://legis.state.la.us/billdata/st...asp?did=742268

  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    I feel ****ing embarrassed for you.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Its not about making sure the President is a natural citizen, its not about "getting back" at Obama for anything, its just about a few politicians pulling a stunt for votes and attention.
    Um, no. The law is necessary.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •