Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    I most certainly could provide evidence of citizenship for every president of the United States! That it is required by our constitution makes the task quite easy.
    So please do so.

    So let's see, you think it is my responsibility to provide evidence of Obama's citizenship and not the responsibility of Obama?
    No. But by your logic...if someone says they can produce something, and they haven't produced it up to your standards, then you can demand that they produce it and if they can't they must be lying.

    I know plenty on this topic, both with regards to the birther issue and conspiracists in general. Your actions aren't different than what we saw for years when the truther movement was in full swing. Its as transparently grasping now as it was then.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So you are aware of every check in every state for this purpose, are you? Tell you what, list every check in all 50 states so that I can believe you're not just blowing smoke. Never in my life have I ever heard anyone question the provision in the Constitution about whether someone should have to be born here to be President, until now. So I don't think a check was ever really necessary. There are people that think any citizen should be allowed to run, not just natural born. In my opinion, that is the genesis of all this legislation; because people are concerned about cheaters. And you can blame your man Obama for the total PR ****up on this matter, because he threw gas on the fire.
    I'm really now sure you even read my post because you seem to be addressing points I never made. I didn't say every state had a check nor that I'm aware of any of them, I haven't questioned the provision that requires the President to be a natural born citizen, and I don't consider Obama to be "my man."

  3. #53
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,874

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Just when you think we have hit the bottom of the barrel , you discover a story like this and realize that someone has furiously been digging a basement under it so we can get even lower.

    Perhaps this is part of a GOP strategy for 2012? Handcraft very specific laws written with the Obama Certification of Birth document in mind and then Republican secretaries of state will not allow him on the ballot.
    How could any State deny a sitting incumbent President a place on their ballot for a conspiracy theory? Should that occur, said State should be kicked out of the electoral college for a period of 10 years.

    Parishville could become Perishville.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Shane View Post
    How could any State deny a sitting incumbent President a place on their ballot for a conspiracy theory? Should that occur, said State should be kicked out of the electoral college for a period of 10 years.

    Parishville could become Perishville.

    If the incumbent candidate can't comply with the state's election laws, the state can refuse to place him on the ballot.

    It's as simple as that.

    But Obama shouldn't have a problem presenting his real birth certificate to the state registrar, right?

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Good.Lets hope the Governor has more balls than Jan Brewer did and actually signs it into law. The way things are going Obama won't be on the ballot in half the states next year.

  6. #56
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    So let's see, you think it is my responsibility to provide evidence of Obama's citizenship and not the responsibility of Obama?
    Yep, if you want the information, it is your responsibility to find it. While your at it, find those WMDs.

  7. #57
    Educator shintao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    10-19-13 @ 11:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    994

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleBoy View Post
    Good.Lets hope the Governor has more balls than Jan Brewer did and actually signs it into law. The way things are going Obama won't be on the ballot in half the states next year.
    I imagine the Supremes will throw it out as a violation of the 4th Amendment.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Dakota
    Last Seen
    06-15-11 @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    172

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    More than likely.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by shintao View Post
    Yep, if you want the information, it is your responsibility to find it. While your at it, find those WMDs.

    This is why blacks should not be eligible to be president. They are allowed to break our laws without any fear of repercussion. By well meaning liberals who think black people are inferior and need their help.

  10. #60
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,263

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I'm really now sure you even read my post because you seem to be addressing points I never made. I didn't say every state had a check nor that I'm aware of any of them, I haven't questioned the provision that requires the President to be a natural born citizen, and I don't consider Obama to be "my man."
    To introduce an additional check before someone is placed on a ballot, and thus possibility become President, enforces the idea that there aren't sufficient enough checks to ensure a Constitutionally ineligible person is not elected, which there certainly are. Like I said, feeds and encourages irrational fears and ignorance amongst the people.
    Yup right here it is. You say there are enough checks, like you even know. If you do, show me all the checks. Then in the last sentence you basically say that if someone doesn't agree with you, they are ignorant.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •