Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

  1. #21
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post

    This should have already been in place on the national level. It's about time.
    I agree, it should have been in place.

    But this isn't about that. It's about some people who would rather believe a conspiracy theory than actual evidence.

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Are people under the impression that nobody currently checks where a president is born?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are people under the impression that nobody currently checks where a president is born?
    Mike Huckabee was on Geraldo two weeks ago and said actually they don't. If you really research, the FBI doesn't either as a former deputy director stated after Obama was elected. He said they put trust in the voters and media. Also if you read the Louisiana bill, it states their current law just basically takes a candidates word that they are qualified without proof. This has got to change.

  4. #24
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are people under the impression that nobody currently checks where a president is born?
    Apparently, these checks are not 100% assimilated by the general public.

    What harm would it do?.....or would it cause harm to do more background checks on *said* candidate?

  5. #25
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,686
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Firstly its not what all people want, thats an assumption on your part.
    No, it was an assumption on your part. You are the one that said it was a stunt to gain votes. I never said everyone wanted it, but if the politicians are getting votes for it, it must be what some of their constituents want.

    Secondly, given the amount of information and digging into a candidates life there's no way a non-natural citizen is going to become President.
    So our political process is to rely on tabloid news?

    Thirdly, anyone who thinks a President candidate, or the actual President, was born in another country is delusional and won't be satisfied by any amount of fact or any documents.
    That contradicts your "secondly" position. First you say that someone (we don't know who) will dig into the past of a Presidential candidate and that will be the best way to prevent an unqualified candidate from reaching office. Then you say anyone that does look into that is delusional. Now, which is it?


    Therefore is just a waste of money and amounts to nothing more than politicians feeding on the irrational fears of some, hopefully not many, of their potential voters and thus encouraging them which is entirely counter productive.

    To introduce an additional check before someone is placed on a ballot, and thus possibility become President, enforces the idea that there aren't sufficient enough checks to ensure a Constitutionally ineligible person is not elected, which there certainly are. Like I said, feeds and encourages irrational fears and ignorance amongst the people.
    What checks are there? Tabloid news and delusional conspiracy theorists?
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    See exactly what I mean, does anyone really think there's a risk of someone born in another country being elected President? There's enough real problems to be worried about without inventing them
    Is that a joke? Obviously there's a risk. It's already happened! What's the big damn deal about showing your birth certificate? Every citizen has one and it was created for this exact reason.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I agree, it should have been in place.

    But this isn't about that. It's about some people who would rather believe a conspiracy theory than actual evidence.
    What's the actual evidence, rocket88? Let's see it.

  8. #28
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Is that a joke? Obviously there's a risk. It's already happened! What's the big damn deal about showing your birth certificate? Every citizen has one and it was created for this exact reason.
    um, he did show his birth certificate. and no, every citizen does not have one, by the way.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    It is up to the registrar of voters for each state to submit valid poll results. Not one of them was shown evidence of Obama's citizenship. Not one.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    um, he did show his birth certificate. and no, every citizen does not have one, by the way.
    OK, so you know nothing about the debate. He has shown no credible proof of anything! I can't even believe people would fall for that lame "certificate of live birth" that doesn't even know the hospital or the doctor or the birthplace of the parent or the weight. I can't belive people are so god damned stupid! That's what the whole freakin "conspiracy theory."

    You tools were too gullible to keep our constitution.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •