Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I feel ****ing embarrassed for you.
    For who?............

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    In this case, the "stunt" is what the people want...so I'd say it is the politicians doing what their constituents ask of them.
    Firstly its not what all people want, thats an assumption on your part. Secondly, given the amount of information and digging into a candidates life there's no way a non-natural citizen is going to become President. Thirdly, anyone who thinks a President candidate, or the actual President, was born in another country is delusional and won't be satisfied by any amount of fact or any documents. Therefore is just a waste of money and amounts to nothing more than politicians feeding on the irrational fears of some, hopefully not many, of their potential voters and thus encouraging them which is entirely counter productive.

    To introduce an additional check before someone is placed on a ballot, and thus possibility become President, enforces the idea that there aren't sufficient enough checks to ensure a Constitutionally ineligible person is not elected, which there certainly are. Like I said, feeds and encourages irrational fears and ignorance amongst the people.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Firstly its not what all people want, thats an assumption on your part. Secondly, given the amount of information and digging into a candidates life there's no way a non-natural citizen is going to become President. Thirdly, anyone who thinks a President candidate, or the actual President, was born in another country is delusional and won't be satisfied by any amount of fact or any documents. Therefore is just a waste of money and amounts to nothing more than politicians feeding on the irrational fears of some, hopefully not many, of their potential voters and thus encouraging them which is entirely counter productive.

    To introduce an additional check before someone is placed on a ballot, and thus possibility become President, enforces the idea that there aren't sufficient enough checks to ensure a Constitutionally ineligible person is not elected, which there certainly are. Like I said, feeds and encourages irrational fears and ignorance amongst the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Um, no. The law is necessary.
    See exactly what I mean, does anyone really think there's a risk of someone born in another country being elected President? There's enough real problems to be worried about without inventing them

  4. #14
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Firstly its not what all people want, thats an assumption on your part. Secondly, given the amount of information and digging into a candidates life there's no way a non-natural citizen is going to become President. Thirdly, anyone who thinks a President candidate, or the actual President, was born in another country is delusional and won't be satisfied by any amount of fact or any documents. Therefore is just a waste of money and amounts to nothing more than politicians feeding on the irrational fears of some, hopefully not many, of their potential voters and thus encouraging them which is entirely counter productive.

    To introduce an additional check before someone is placed on a ballot, and thus possibility become President, enforces the idea that there aren't sufficient enough checks to ensure a Constitutionally ineligible person is not elected, which there certainly are. Like I said, feeds and encourages irrational fears and ignorance amongst the people.
    Unless that candidates past has been totally sealed. Instead of a bill requiring a candidate to produce a BC, I would rather a candidate be required to produce his college transcripts, work history, medical records, financial records, etc. Unlike every other presidential candidate in recent memory, Obama didn't have to do that. It's all been sealed up tight. Why?

  5. #15
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    See exactly what I mean, does anyone really think there's a risk of someone born in another country being elected President? There's enough real problems to be worried about without inventing them
    You do know that for some people, you can be born in America and still not be a natural born citizen. The founder and architect of the 14th Amendment, John Bingham defined a natural born citizen as this:

    “Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))

    You can't argue with the man who founded the citizenship amendment in our constitution. Obama's father, who wasn't a U.S. citizen, held allegiance to the British Crown. That was passed to Obama Jr when he was born.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Unless that candidates past has been totally sealed. Instead of a bill requiring a candidate to produce a BC, I would rather a candidate be required to produce his college transcripts, work history, medical records, financial records, etc. Unlike every other presidential candidate in recent memory, Obama didn't have to do that. It's all been sealed up tight. Why?
    I thought you were a Constitutionalist? But as to why I think its because he doesn't want to feed the conspiracy theories, and just like the birth certificate, when its produced the people who don't believe it, aren't going to change their mind anyway, it just creates another news story about it and ultimately does nothing but bring up a topic which is nothing but bull**** to begin with.

  7. #17
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post
    You do know that for some people, you can be born in America and still not be a natural born citizen. The founder and architect of the 14th Amendment, John Bingham defined a natural born citizen as this:

    “Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))

    You can't argue with the man who founded the citizenship amendment in our constitution. Obama's father, who wasn't a U.S. citizen, held allegiance to the British Crown. That was passed to Obama Jr when he was born.
    As I previously posted when you brought this up before.

    Mr Bingham's quote is taken out of context and is factually incorrect.

    http://memory.loc.gov/ll/llcg/071/0300/03331291.tif
    "I find no fault with the introductory clause, which is simply what is written in the Constitution, that every human being born in the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution, a natural born citizen; but, sir, I may be allowed to say further, that I deny that the Congress of the United States ever had the power or color of power to say that any man born within the jurisdiction of the United States not owing a foreign allegiance, is not and shall not be a citizen of the United States. Citizenship is a birthright, and neither the Congress nor the States can justly or lawfully take it from him."
    As we all know, it is not written in the Constitution that every human being born in the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is a natural born citizen.

    Further as the source shows, plenty of people argued with the guy.
    Also,it should be noted that the language referenced was dropped from the bill before it was passed. Congress made the choice to do that.
    Last edited by Simon W. Moon; 04-16-11 at 01:12 PM. Reason: typos
    I may be wrong.

  8. #18
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    For who?............
    For your country.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    For your country.
    Don't bring that smugness bull**** in here, you know damned well politicians in every country pull stunts, pander, and do all kinds of stupid and unproductive things to get votes. And you needn't lump the entire country together for the actions of a few state senators from Louisiana and some fringe birthers, you aren't looking at the whole picture and just focusing on a tiny fraction of it.

  10. #20
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Presidential Candidates Have To Show Birth Certificates Under Louisiana Proposal

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Don't bring that smugness bull**** in here, you know damned well politicians in every country pull stunts, pander, and do all kinds of stupid and unproductive things to get votes. And you needn't lump the entire country together for the actions of a few state senators from Louisiana and some fringe birthers, you aren't looking at the whole picture and just focusing on a tiny fraction of it.
    Relax!

    I dont think all Americans are birther ****tards.

    My own countries have their own embarrassments, believe me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •