Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 381

Thread: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

  1. #21
    Advisor Blue Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    01-21-15 @ 06:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    426

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Entitlements have to be dealt with one way or another. One option is to keep them running and forward the bill to future taxpayers. Another option is to privatize entitlements. A third option is to keep cutting benefits while raising taxes to make the ends meet. There is no solution without a catch.
    My family is more important than my party.
    -Zell Miller

  2. #22
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
    Entitlements have to be dealt with one way or another. One option is to keep them running and forward the bill to future taxpayers. Another option is to privatize entitlements. A third option is to keep cutting benefits while raising taxes to make the ends meet. There is no solution without a catch.
    By "entitlements" I'm sure that you are including the billions of entitlements in the form of corporate welfare that are handed out to big GOP donors every year, right?

    And are you in favor of cutting food stamps, medicare and medicaid so that those earning over 250k can keep their tax cuts?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #23
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Correction: One party wants to be the working/middle class subservient to their wealthy base. Republicans don't get a rat's ass about the vast majority of this country.
    If they had their way we would all be right-wing "Christians" and 1% of the population would control 99.9% of all the wealth in this country.
    Disney, if oyu haven't figured it out yet, the Dem's "caring" is to give people that vote for them, other peoples money, or what is more the case now that the Dem's have "helped" so many, is to borrow money we can never pay back to stay in power.

    What you and your ilk have done is promise other peoples money, and future generations money to bribe todays voters dumb enough to allow themselves to become slaves to the state.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #24
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    By "entitlements" I'm sure that you are including the billions of entitlements in the form of corporate welfare that are handed out to big GOP donors every year, right?

    And are you in favor of cutting food stamps, medicare and medicaid so that those earning over 250k can keep their tax cuts?

    Yes. 100%. Corporations provide jobs, and wealth, food stamps drain coffers and keep people dependent on the "state".
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #25
    Advisor Blue Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    01-21-15 @ 06:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    426

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    By "entitlements" I'm sure that you are including the billions of entitlements in the form of corporate welfare that are handed out to big GOP donors every year, right?

    And are you in favor of cutting food stamps, medicare and medicaid so that those earning over 250k can keep their tax cuts?

    I meant exactly what I said. There are options ,each with a downside. My point was that the current way of running things should not be one of them. If entitlements go bankrupt noboby wins.
    My family is more important than my party.
    -Zell Miller

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
    I meant exactly what I said. There are options ,each with a downside. My point was that the current way of running things should not be one of them. If entitlements go bankrupt noboby wins.
    So why is the solution to cut taxes for the wealthy and cut benefits for the poor?

    Why not dump the tax cuts in favor of smaller benefits cuts?

    Or are you one of those guys who thinks lowering taxes always increases revenue?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #27
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,911

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Republicans only care about cutting entitlements to the poor.

    Most Republicans haven't seen a corporate welfare entitlement that they don't whole heartedly endorse

    Republicans want tax reform that benefits the wealthy and cuts that hurt the most vulnerable, the elderly and the poor.

    Anyone on social security, medicare/medicaid that votes Republican must have a hole in their head.
    this is very disappointing to hear. This statement just implies that people who receives government aid should always strive to keep it no matter how selfish or righteous it is. You are encouraging the fight for dependence on the government.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So why is the solution to cut taxes for the wealthy and cut benefits for the poor?

    Why not dump the tax cuts in favor of smaller benefits cuts?

    Or are you one of those guys who thinks lowering taxes always increases revenue?
    Why not increase prosperity while weening the dependent off of the gov't teat?

    Or are you one of those "People are too stupid and incapable of surviving without Gov't aide?"
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #29
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    this is very disappointing to hear. This statement just implies that people who receives government aid should always strive to keep it no matter how selfish or righteous it is. You are encouraging the fight for dependence on the government.
    It's how his idealogical side stays in power.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #30
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: House passes huge GOP budget cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Disney, if oyu haven't figured it out yet, the Dem's "caring" is to give people that vote for them, other peoples money, or what is more the case now that the Dem's have "helped" so many, is to borrow money we can never pay back to stay in power.

    What you and your ilk have done is promise other peoples money, and future generations money to bribe todays voters dumb enough to allow themselves to become slaves to the state.
    Its not "other people's money"...sorry....I don't buy into that. Reagan handed the wealthy the biggest tax cut in the history of this country while raising taxes on the poor and middle classes. Was Reagan giving the wealthy the poor's money?

    Why is it that you Republicans love to hand out corporate welfare but cringe at the idea of providing food stamps and medicare?

    Open your eyes Vich...it is you guys that want to make the poor and middle classes slaves to the wealthy. The GOP would love to eliminate the middle class and they are doing everything they can to make that happen.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •