Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 123

Thread: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

  1. #21
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Still we already spend 687,105,000,000, which is 4.7% of the GDP. China comes in second wayyyy behind us 114,300,000,000 which is only 2.2% of their GDP. Do we really "need" to do this. No matter what it states in the constitution that does not excuse the grave amount we spend on defense. Hell when our country was on the red button during the height of the cold way we did not even spend this much!
    The question is there is really not red hot rhetoric which was going on during the Cold War.. We waste so much money on defense why not help people out?
    It seems like its ok to spend money on weapons that are meant to kill people but its the most grave evil to spend money on programs that will help people out.
    Well Chavez does not spend a ridiculous amount of money on Defense sooo yea.. Yea they would be worthless, but im guessing the US does not want to start a nuclear war by bombing Valenzuela into the stone ages.. Or nor do i think no one is going to Nuke the USA, mainly because once one nuke is dropped then the end of the world in my opinion is just done for.
    Yes, we must do this particular program full steam ahead. Don’t get me wrong, I think we need to cut the military budget significantly, at least for a while, to around 3.5% of GDP but missile defense is an area we need to increase the budget in.

    I think you, being a person who wants to see the US not kill people but help people, should be behind this program 100%. The missile defense program isn’t an offensive weapon; it is a defensive weapon that will save lives if and when a missile is launched at the US or one of its allies. You are an American right? You do want to protect the American people right?

    The likelihood of a world ending salvo of nuclear strikes is pretty remote now days. Russia isn’t interested in playing the MAD game anymore than China would/will be if/when it builds up a sizable arsenal. Russia and/or China might be willing to help other nations “covertly” acquire the ability to launch a missile at the US, as evidenced by the growing threat from North Korea and Iran.

    We can ill afford to wait until such irrational nations or possibly terrorists groups are capable of launching a nuke at the US. We need to do the research today and further develop the defensive capabilities today that will be required to protect the US in the future.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  2. #22
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    They won't have to steal it. Corporations are loyal to the strong currency and the renminbi is really comin' on. Corporations are in business to make money and if the Chinese offer the top dollar, they will own the technology. That is the American Corporate way. They don't live and breathe and I don't notice anything about patriotism in an accounting ledger. The sad facts!
    American corporations that work in the American defense sector arenít about to sell America out to the highest bidder. You have some serious issues if you think otherwise.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  3. #23
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    American corporations that work in the American defense sector aren’t about to sell America out to the highest bidder. You have some serious issues if you think otherwise.
    Well other corporations slash jobs in America and ship the jobs over seas... Why wouldnt they sell weapons to the highest bidder? Isnt that "capitalism"?

  4. #24
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well other corporations slash jobs in America and ship the jobs over seas... Why wouldnt they sell weapons to the highest bidder? Isnt that "capitalism"?
    This isn’t even logical enough to bother with. I have no clue what your point is.

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  5. #25
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Yes, we must do this particular program full steam ahead. Don’t get me wrong, I think we need to cut the military budget significantly, at least for a while, to around 3.5% of GDP but missile defense is an area we need to increase the budget in.

    I think you, being a person who wants to see the US not kill people but help people, should be behind this program 100%. The missile defense program isn’t an offensive weapon; it is a defensive weapon that will save lives if and when a missile is launched at the US or one of its allies. You are an American right? You do want to protect the American people right?

    The likelihood of a world ending salvo of nuclear strikes is pretty remote now days. Russia isn’t interested in playing the MAD game anymore than China would/will be if/when it builds up a sizable arsenal. Russia and/or China might be willing to help other nations “covertly” acquire the ability to launch a missile at the US, as evidenced by the growing threat from North Korea and Iran.

    We can ill afford to wait until such irrational nations or possibly terrorists groups are capable of launching a nuke at the US. We need to do the research today and further develop the defensive capabilities today that will be required to protect the US in the future.
    Why must we? Were in no serious danger what so ever! Were not in danger! If we wanna start cutting defense lets cut this.
    Yea remote so why do we have to waste tax payer money on this? I seriously think they wont give weapons to anyone that wants to bomb us.. Sure Iran talks a lot of big game but in all serious do you think they are actually going to use these weapons?

  6. #26
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    This isn’t even logical enough to bother with. I have no clue what your point is.
    Corporations=SUCK

  7. #27
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Corporations=SUCK
    Oh, and that has what to do with the missile defense system exactly, other than your hatred of everything America?

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  8. #28
    Guru
    GPS_Flex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    02-11-17 @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Why must we? Were in no serious danger what so ever! Were not in danger! If we wanna start cutting defense lets cut this.
    Yea remote so why do we have to waste tax payer money on this? I seriously think they wont give weapons to anyone that wants to bomb us.. Sure Iran talks a lot of big game but in all serious do you think they are actually going to use these weapons?
    Thanks for your opinions. When you are ready to make a real argument, let me know.

    Yes, I think Iran will give weapons to someone who wants to kill us if they think they can avoid being caught.
    Last edited by GPS_Flex; 04-18-11 at 01:40 AM. Reason: added comment

    "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."
    John F. Kennedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    It would seem that the constitution is just a god damn piece of paper, to be trotted out when expedient.

  9. #29
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    mad Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by GPS_Flex View Post
    Oh, and that has what to do with the missile defense system exactly, other than your hatred of everything America?
    Here we go with "I hate everything America" talk again :roll

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Sea-based Missile Defense Flight Test Results in Successful Intercept

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    How is social programs considered wasteful but this not?
    Because national defense is a necessary function of all governments, social programs are a violation of the United States Constitution.

    Why do we really "need" this?
    To save American lives when the nutcase country fires a nuclear ICBM/IRBM at Washington/Los Angeles/New York/Boston/Chicago/San Francisco/Seattle/New Orleans/Whatevercitygetsthemhard.


    Is Russia, Canada, China, or Iran going to invade us soon or are we on the threat of being invaded by them?
    There are materials denser then neutronium, ....never mind...

    Was Afghanistan going to invade the United States after it's successful attack on September 11th? Was Japan going to ever invade the United States after it's successful attack on December 7? What kind of Sesame Street world do you people live in, anyway?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •