Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 351

Thread: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

  1. #71
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,341
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    The thing is the Muslim and birther arguments crossover a lot. Some people just question his citizenship - but in some of those questions come questions about whether he is also a Kenyan Muslim.
    Honestly I think the right wing is warming up to him, the Hitler Comparisons ended at least 13 months ago and I haven't heard muslim Obama come up in awhile... things are looking up for the Kenyan Tyrant

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post
    The newspaper birth announcements only say that a baby was born, not where. Back in 1961 you could have foreign births and the state would issue a 3rd kind of birth certificate for that purpose. Once the dept of health was notified of the birth via a office visit by the relative or mail in form, a vital record was created thus triggering the birth announcements.
    And besides all that, he's black... right? That's all this is really about.

  3. #73
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Tell me, of what political affiliation are the people that are birthers?
    What political affiliation are truthers? What political affiliation are people who challenged McCain's citizenship? You don't have to be a racist to be a conspiracy loony.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #74
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    And besides all that, he's black... right? That's all this is really about.
    Mostly just lunatics in tinfoil hats, but there's assuredly a few racists in the bunch.

    Proof in a court of law has already been shown to you, people. That proof has been authenticated by appropriate officials in Hawaii. What the **** other "questions" do you have?
    Last edited by Deuce; 04-14-11 at 12:08 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Honestly I think the right wing is warming up to him, the Hitler Comparisons ended at least 13 months ago and I haven't heard muslim Obama come up in awhile... things are looking up for the Kenyan Tyrant
    I never thought about it that way. You're right. I guess we should just give it a little more time.

  6. #76
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,341
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What political affiliation are truthers? What political affiliation are people who challenged McCain's citizenship? You don't have to be a racist to be a conspiracy loony.
    Ok.

    I stepped away from the racism.

    My point is.

    Those who attack Obama on his citizenship are 99.9% of the Right wing persuasion.

    Not people to usually go after "their" own president.

    We can't say what really might have happened if McCain were president, but my guess his citizenship would not have been an issue, that's my only point.

  7. #77
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The "natural-born citizen" requirement just means that a person was a US citizen at the time of their birth. Any other citizenships they may ALSO have had at the time of their birth are irrelevant. Fun fact: We've already had a president who was a dual citizen of two countries. Anyone in the class know who it was?
    Wrong. The presidential clause uses natural born citizen and citizen (at the time of the adoption of this constitution)

    See Article 2 Section 1. It uses two types of citizens:

    No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.



    The founders wanted no foreign influence on their presidents so they changed the clause from citizen to natural born citizen so that future presidents would have sole allegiance to the United States and no divided allegiances. The creator of the 14th Amenment John Bingham defined natural born citizen as this:

    “Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))

    Notice he includes your parents allegiance? Obama's father had allegiance to the British Crown at jrs birth. Our president is not a natural born citizen.

  8. #78
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    And besides all that, he's black... right? That's all this is really about.
    No. It's not about race. Eisenhower had to show his birth certificate. He was white.

  9. #79
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,341
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post
    No. It's not about race. Eisenhower had to show his birth certificate. He was white.
    Yeah and once he showed it, that was it, end of story.

    Obama has shown is, it tells you WHERE he was born and WHEN.

    If you're not satisfied along with the newspaper accounts then I'm sorry, but I can't help you

  10. #80
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Associated Press: Arizona Senate Approves 'Birther' Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post
    Wrong. The presidential clause uses natural born citizen and citizen (at the time of the adoption of this constitution)

    See Article 2 Section 1. It uses two types of citizens:

    No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.



    The founders wanted no foreign influence on their presidents so they changed the clause from citizen to natural born citizen so that future presidents would have sole allegiance to the United States and no divided allegiances. The creator of the 14th Amenment John Bingham defined natural born citizen as this:

    “Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen.” (Cong. Globe, 39th, 1st Sess., 1291 (1866))

    Notice he includes your parents allegiance? Obama's father had allegiance to the British Crown at jrs birth. Our president is not a natural born citizen.
    Is that definition law?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •