Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

  1. #21
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Isn't there some more reasonable middle ground?
    Reasonability has no plce when people are busy demogauging an issue!

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Isn't there some more reasonable middle ground?
    Strip searching kids for food. Enforced calorie counting, gulag style.

  3. #23
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,764

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by mattillac View Post
    So when the little heavy set boy or girl walks into the lunch room and pours out 6 candy bars and 2 sugary soft drinks from their lunchbox, you think that is ok.

    Should we allow these little kids to have cigarettes after their lunch too. After all why should the "government" be allowed to take away their smoking rights.


    Call child services if you think the parent is neglectful, telling me what I feed my child is not the answer. (we eat about 80% paleo, it woudln't fly if the goverment dictated what I eat).
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #24
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Wow dear lord banning lunch from home...liberals gone wild

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Wow dear lord banning lunch from home...liberals gone wild
    So it begins...

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Wow dear lord banning lunch from home...liberals gone wild
    Second person I get to ask:

    Do I now get to choose one person as representative of conservatives? Because this is just one principal making this decision.

    I get to pick anyone I want. You get to pick this individual. Deal?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #27
    User thephoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rising from the ashes
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Do you think the rule would stand if challenged?
    The sad - and most infuriating thing - is that it shouldn't even be there to need challenging in the first place.

    WTH is happening in this country?!? What boggles my mind the most is that we're actually debating whether or not it's okay. We are in worse shape (no pun intended) than we ever imagined as far as an over-reaching govt.

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by mattillac View Post
    So when the little heavy set boy or girl walks into the lunch room and pours out 6 candy bars and 2 sugary soft drinks from their lunchbox, you think that is ok.

    Should we allow these little kids to have cigarettes after their lunch too. After all why should the "government" be allowed to take away their smoking rights.
    I sure do, because the last time I checked, we still live in America, not the Soviet Union, or China.

    "Liberty", isn't selective, based on the whims of the government's agenda.

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Second person I get to ask:

    Do I now get to choose one person as representative of conservatives? Because this is just one principal making this decision.

    I get to pick anyone I want. You get to pick this individual. Deal?
    Everytime one of these kind of, "we know what's better for you than you do", nanny state rules hit's the news, there's some Liberal do-gooder that's pushing it.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Chicago school bans some lunches brought from home

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I sure do, because the last time I checked, we still live in America, not the Soviet Union, or China.

    "Liberty", isn't selective, based on the whims of the government's agenda.
    The Soviet Union Nor China would ban bring-to-school lunches.
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 04-11-11 at 06:04 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •