Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121

Thread: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

  1. #111
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    2009 was Bush's budget. Revenues were in the toilet thanks to Bush's recession. It's amazing that people think republicans do a better job than democrats.(I don't care for either party) Six years of GOP rule has pretty much destroyed the economy. Blame Obama if it makes you feel better , but he really did inherit a disaster. It is undeniable unless you are in denial.
    2009 was congress's budget, just like EVERY budget is congress's budget. 6 years of GOP spending added a considerable amount to the debt but managed to maintain unemployment at consistent low levels. 4 of democrat rule has added more than what the GOP added and consistent unemployment levels of 9% (with actual rates much higher). People that want to claim one party is superior to the other on this issue...well...thats just plain foolishness. And if you want to see it continued (witness the calls for raising the debt ceiling yet AGAIN with another annual deficit of well over a trillion dollars)...well...all both sides have to do is keep on with the mindless partisan rhetoric.

  2. #112
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    2009 was congress's budget, just like EVERY budget is congress's budget. 6 years of GOP spending added a considerable amount to the debt but managed to maintain unemployment at consistent low levels. .
    You do know that was because of the housing boom, don't you? The boom and bubble that destroyed the economy. Bush and Greenspan used the housing sector to pull us out of the recession of '01 which led to the economic collapse never seen since the Great Depression. Unemployment was low because we were building millions of homes we didn't need and money pumped into the economy from refinancing mortgages. Great strategy. Destroy our future to make a couple of years look good.
    Bush doubled the debt while the economy was booming. Great job.
    Last edited by USA_1; 04-13-11 at 11:28 AM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #113
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    You do know that was because of the housing boom, don't you? The boom and bubble that destroyed the economy. Bush and Greenspan used the housing sector to pull us out of the recession of '01 which led to the economic collapse never seen since the Great Depression. Unemployment was low because we were building millions of homes we didn't need. Great strategy. Destroy our future to make a couple of years look good.
    Of COURSE. And no DEMOCRAT was involved with any of that...and no irresponsible US citizen...registered politically or otherwise. It was all Bush-the guy liberals claim is an idiot yet he somheow managed to run cricles around every elected representative for 8 years which REALLY speaks poorly of the elected representatives...see...thats what happens when you have a monarchy.

    Oh...wait...we dont...that must mean it is greater than the whole mindless empty headed rhetoric about it being George Bush's fault...or Clintons fault for deregulation in the 90's, or Obamas fault for not fixing it right away.

    Its funny watching people shreik and wail about how everything is Bush's fault, yet go immediately silent when faced with the facts about their foolishness. Yes...Bush and the GOP contributed to the debt. Yes, Obama and democrats have contibruted not only to the 9 beillion in debt prior to their ascension to power but also to the added 5.5 trillion in the last 4 years.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 04-13-11 at 11:36 AM.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    You do know that was because of the housing boom, don't you? The boom and bubble that destroyed the economy. Bush and Greenspan used the housing sector to pull us out of the recession of '01 which led to the economic collapse never seen since the Great Depression. Unemployment was low because we were building millions of homes we didn't need and money pumped into the economy from refinancing mortgages. Great strategy. Destroy our future to make a couple of years look good.
    USA, keep running from the totally ridiculous comment you made yesterday which ignored the contribution that Obama made to the 2009 deficit. Then you claim that we got out of the 2001 recession and low unemployment because of the housing boom not realizing that the economic growth in 2002-2007 was a lot more than housing and employment was much greater in all sectors of the economy. Keep up with the partisan rhetoric that ignores the current data, more people unemployed today than before Obama took office and spent 800 billion on a stimulus and more debt will be added in his first term than any other President's total debt throughout history. "Your" President has no interest in cutting the debt and is a hypocrit.

  5. #115
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Then you claim that we got out of the 2001 recession and low unemployment because of the housing boom not realizing that the economic growth in 2002-2007 was a lot more than housing and employment was much greater in all sectors of the economy.
    Only a total partisan idiot could deny that low interest rates, refinancing of mortgages and the housing boom didn't fuel the economy after the 2001 recession. The housing sector affects all sectors, the financial sector, commodities, construction, insurance, transportation, natural resources, energy.......all sectors. We doubled new home construction after 2003 while millions more people refinanced their homes putting trillions of dollars into the economy. The housing boom/bubble is the only thing that pulled us out of recession after the tech bubble burst. It is the only reason there was a booming economy. It is also the reason why the economy collapsed.
    It was very similar to the first housing boom in the eighties when Reagan deregulated the Savings and loans. It stimulated the economy in the short term but ended up costing taxpayers a 180 billion dollar bailout when the S&Ls collapsed. It also cost Bush Sr a second term. Lucky the tech boom came along to prevent a depression. Republicans seem to be destined to repeat history. To show short term results they mortgage the future..


    Of course Obama has added to the debt. The biggest reason for that is he was left with an economy in ruins. McCain could have done no better.
    Last edited by USA_1; 04-13-11 at 11:57 AM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  6. #116
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    2009 was congress's budget, just like EVERY budget is congress's budget. 6 years of GOP spending added a considerable amount to the debt but managed to maintain unemployment at consistent low levels. 4 of democrat rule has added more than what the GOP added and consistent unemployment levels of 9% (with actual rates much higher). People that want to claim one party is superior to the other on this issue...well...thats just plain foolishness. And if you want to see it continued (witness the calls for raising the debt ceiling yet AGAIN with another annual deficit of well over a trillion dollars)...well...all both sides have to do is keep on with the mindless partisan rhetoric.

    You make some wonderful points Vance, I am left asking however, who is that voice that can sort this out then?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #117
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You make some wonderful points Vance, I am left asking however, who is that voice that can sort this out then?

    j-mac
    You...me...registered democrat and republican concerned citizens that transcend this mindless partisan bull**** and demand responsibility and fiscal accountability from their representatives. People willing to demand that congress live under the same expectation of the average citizen. We the people.

    I know that sounds 'crazy'. What I dont get is WHY that sounds crazy.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Only a total partisan idiot could deny that low interest rates, refinancing of mortgages and the housing boom didn't fuel the economy after the 2001 recession. The housing sector affects all sectors, the financial sector, commodities, construction, insurance, transportation, natural resources, energy.......all sectors. We doubled new home construction after 2003 while millions more people refinanced their homes putting trillions of dollars into the economy. The housing boom/bubble is the only thing that pulled us out of recession after the tech bubble burst. It is the only reason there was a booming economy. It is also the reason why the economy collapsed.
    It was very similar to the first housing boom in the eighties when Reagan deregulated the Savings and loans. It stimulated the economy in the short term but ended up costing taxpayers a 180 billion dollar bailout when the S&Ls collapsed. It also cost Bush Sr a second term. Lucky the tech boom came along to prevent a depression. Republicans seem to be destined to repeat history. To show short term results they mortgage the future..


    Of course Obama has added to the debt. The biggest reason for that is he was left with an economy in ruins. McCain could have done no better.
    Right, and only a partisan would blame Bush for the entire 2009 deficit ignoring the part that Obama played in that deficit. Only a partisan would ignore how Bush was called a stupid cowboy from TX who apparently was able to convince Democrats to do all those things that partisans claim destroyed the economy. And only partisans would ignore that since 2007 Democrats were in control of Congress and ran up over 5 trillion in debt and from 2009 to the present have more unemployment than when Obama took office. Only a true partisan would ignore current actual results to focus on distorting the past as they buy the rhetoric and ignore the facts.

  9. #119
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, and only a partisan would blame Bush for the entire 2009 deficit ignoring the part that Obama played in that deficit. Only a partisan would ignore how Bush was called a stupid cowboy from TX who apparently was able to convince Democrats to do all those things that partisans claim destroyed the economy. And only partisans would ignore that since 2007 Democrats were in control of Congress and ran up over 5 trillion in debt and from 2009 to the present have more unemployment than when Obama took office. Only a true partisan would ignore current actual results to focus on distorting the past as they buy the rhetoric and ignore the facts.
    I didn't blame Bush for the entire 2009 deficit even though we were still under his budget. You partisan hacks do realize that the economy collapsed in Oct 2008, right? You do realize that Obama really did inherited a mess, right? I have only stated facts. The housing boom/bubble fueled the economy after the 2001 recession. That is fact.
    Obama inherited a disaster and you blame him for not fixing it.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #120
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: WHitehouse: Obama to lay out Spending Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    I didn't blame Bush for the entire 2009 deficit even though we were still under his budget. You partisan hacks do realize that the economy collapsed in Oct 2008, right? You do realize that Obama really did inherited a mess, right? I have only stated facts. The housing boom/bubble fueled the economy after the 2001 recession. That is fact.
    Obama inherited a disaster and you blame him for not fixing it.
    This was your comment,
    2009 was Bush's budget. Revenues were in the toilet thanks to Bush's recession
    So tell me where the Democrats were when the recession was created? How could a dumb cowboy from TX fool so many elite Democrats? Where was the Democrat controlled Congress and what were they doing when "Bush was creating the mess" and wasn't Obama in that Congress? Obama didn't inherit anything that he didn't help create and the facts today show we are on the wrong track unless of course you believe the trillions added to the debt is sustainable and we are headed in the right direction?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •