Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 488

Thread: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

  1. #441
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many state funded offer those same services? Goddamn! How much taxes do we really have to ****ting up to pay for these mother****ing deadbeats?
    What makes you think every woman who receives abortion services from Planned Parenthood are "deadbeats" - code word for poor minorities (Blacks and Histpanics)? Is it possible that many of these women come from decent, hard working families who just made poor choices? Why does every woman who has an abortion have to be moochers off the goverment's doles?

    Now, I agree with you that there are other private and/or state-sponsored organizations that also provide abortion services, but just people were wrongly arguing about states receiving federal funding for abortion per the PPACA, the same holds true here. In other words, state funding for abortions follow their own laws where who pays for abortions just as the PPACA restricts federal funding for abortions. In the patient wants to have one, she has to come out of pocket to pay for it. So, unless you've seen Planned Parenthoods financial records, you don't know with absolute certainty that Planned Parenthood uses federal dollars to finance abortions. However, we do know that they are a "family planning organization that receives federal dollars to provide many of the services they provide to the public." I think we all can agree that such a statement is true. But until you see how those federal funds are utilized and/or disbursed, any such claim for directly funding abortions is just that...speculation and right-wing rhetoric.

    So, the question I have for everyone who has a heartburn with Planned Parenthood and the abortion question: "Have you seen their books?" The summary brief I linked to and pulled figures from shows the organization's financial breakdown per services rendered, but nowhere does it illustrate how dollars received from this financial contributor or that one were actually used. Splitting hairs you say? Well, isn't this the exact same argument used concerning campaign contributions? Personally speaking, I don't see the difference. Hypocricy is hypocricy and is . Bottom line: Don't let misinformation and distortion of the facts cloud your judgment.

  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    What makes you think every woman who receives abortion services from Planned Parenthood are "deadbeats" - code word for poor minorities (Blacks and Histpanics)?
    Is that a code word for you and your friends?

  3. #443
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    As it has been pointed out before, many Social Cons' argument against abortion actually has nothing to do with abortion. They want to defund abortion services AT THE SAME TIME as making contraceptive and proper sexual education exceedingly difficult to get. Their views have honestly nothing to do with abortion. It's anti-slut. They just dishonestly hide their views behind stopping abortion, which by the way the federal government funded something like 163 for the whole 2009 fiscal year.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    As it has been pointed out before, many Social Cons' argument against abortion actually has nothing to do with abortion. They want to defund abortion services AT THE SAME TIME as making contraceptive and proper sexual education exceedingly difficult to get. Their views have honestly nothing to do with abortion. It's anti-slut. They just dishonestly hide their views behind stopping abortion, which by the way the federal government funded something like 163 for the whole 2009 fiscal year.
    With the amount of money the government is spending on education you'd think they could give a brief mention of what causes pregnancy. Even the lowest form of animal life understands what makes babies, but adult women don't?

  5. #445
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    As it has been pointed out before, many Social Cons' argument against abortion actually has nothing to do with abortion. They want to defund abortion services AT THE SAME TIME as making contraceptive and proper sexual education exceedingly difficult to get. Their views have honestly nothing to do with abortion. It's anti-slut. They just dishonestly hide their views behind stopping abortion, which by the way the federal government funded something like 163 for the whole 2009 fiscal year.
    I don't agree with you at all here. For abortion, conservatives are anti killing of what they believe to be a human being with moral rights. For contraceptives, they are anti any acknowledgment that sex exists before marriage and especially before 20-25.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 04-18-11 at 12:58 AM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  6. #446
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I don't agree with you at all here. For abortion, conservatives are anti killing of what they believe to be a human being with moral rights. For contraceptives, they are anti any acknowledgment that sex exists before marriage and especially before 20-25.
    You chose your name well.

  7. #447
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    that is not the only reason people have abortions.

    While not the absolute sole reason, it is the overwhelming predominant one.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #448
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Well first...technology doesn't exist to adequately measure brain activity in utero. Second, a brain starting up is not the same thing as one shutting down, the circumstances and indications are entirley different. "About to happen" is not the same consideration as "never will happen again". To name a few...
    okay if we can't adequately measure brain activity in the utero as you say then i say at the point which all the conditions/components are met for brain activity to happen should be that point. as tothe brain starting up and shutting down not being the "same" thing i agree they are the opposite and being the opposite would agree with oneanother according to the law that is the whole point. about the "about to happen" vs. "never will happen again" again those are the opposite of one another and the point of my whole arguement. so i just don't see how what you said is shooting holes in it maybe you could explain how these opposites don't relate to oneanother again without them just being opposite for that is MY whole point. life and death ARE the polar opposites of one another you do agree with that don't you mac?

  9. #449
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    okay if we can't adequately measure brain activity in the utero as you say then i say at the point which all the conditions/components are met for brain activity to happen should be that point. as tothe brain starting up and shutting down not being the "same" thing i agree they are the opposite and being the opposite would agree with oneanother according to the law that is the whole point. about the "about to happen" vs. "never will happen again" again those are the opposite of one another and the point of my whole arguement. so i just don't see how what you said is shooting holes in it maybe you could explain how these opposites don't relate to oneanother again without them just being opposite for that is MY whole point. life and death ARE the polar opposites of one another you do agree with that don't you mac?

    Ok, that would be conception....We agree then.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #450
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    While not the absolute sole reason, it is the overwhelming predominant one.


    j-mac
    that may be true but don't you think it should be made available to those who that isn't the reason?

Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •