Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 488

Thread: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

  1. #31
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I love arguing with you anti-choicers on issue such as this. Using the word "murder" is nothing but a silly appeal to emotion logical fallacy. I'm sure you know what the word murder means. It is a legal term. Since abortion is legal, your terminology fails as does your argument.
    Look, I know what murder means. I am not going to get into an argument with you over this. We are free to agree to disagree.

    However, it IS against God's law. Thus, I consider this to be murder.

    Also, I am not anti-choice. Women have the choice when they engage in the sexual act in the first place. Your terminology is simply a pathetic appeal to emotion which does nothing to enhance your argument.

    Let's agree to disagree on this... I really don't want to rehash this argument today... I have a marathon tomorrow and need to focus on that...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #32
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I would say that I am pro-choice. And I do not support federally funding of abortions. I do support funding of Planned Parenthood because they provide far more services than abortions. Having assisted people in obtaining services there, and having never assisted anyone in obtaining an abortion through PP, I can speak pretty authoritatively on that.
    As far as I am concerned so long as it is providing people with abortions it should not get government money at all. One third of its budget comes from government money. Maybe removing them from the spigot will cause them to evaluate whether even a business as lucrative as slaughtering babies is worth the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,723

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I love arguing with you anti-choicers on issue such as this. Using the word "murder" is nothing but a silly appeal to emotion logical fallacy. I'm sure you know what the word murder means. It is a legal term. Since abortion is legal, your terminology fails as does your argument.
    What you refer to as "a silly appeal to emotion" is how we see it. It's he destruction of an actual baby. Is it too unreasonable and emotional to oppose that? BTW, if you're going to call us anti-choice, is it ok if I call you pro-abortion?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What am I supposed to say? That life isn't always golden? That being born and being allowed to live your life no matter how bad is better than being put down? What am I supposed to say here that would please you?
    You might want to try to look at the big picture, here. Actions have consequences, consequences that affect more than just the individual. More unwanted children means more possible abuse... or more need for social services... or more individuals with monetary issues... or more issues with health care, etc... This is not just an issue of what one's parents can manage. If one's parents cannot manage, which does occur, society as a whole is impacted, both in local and global ways. It is far more complex than a simple answer. Those who want to outlaw abortion need to present some sort of plan for managing the amount of unwanted children that will then be presented. Without a plan addressing that issue, those who want abortion ended are not really addressing the problem at all. All they are doing is trying to legislate their own morality, having zero consideration on the global impact.

    So, to answer your question, precisely, give us your SPECIFIC plan of how society should then deal with all the unwanted children that a policy of no abortions will yeild.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Look, I know what murder means. I am not going to get into an argument with you over this. We are free to agree to disagree.

    However, it IS against God's law. Thus, I consider this to be murder.

    Also, I am not anti-choice. Women have the choice when they engage in the sexual act in the first place. Your terminology is simply a pathetic appeal to emotion which does nothing to enhance your argument.

    Let's agree to disagree on this... I really don't want to rehash this argument today... I have a marathon tomorrow and need to focus on that...
    That's fine. Enjoy your marathon.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #36
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And I would disagree, especially since they are committing no murders.
    Wrong, abortion doctors and clinics commit murder all the time and get away with it for YEARS.

    West Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell routinely delivered live babies in the third trimester of pregnancy, then murdered them by "sticking scissors into the back of the baby's neck and cutting the spinal cord," according to the Philadelphia District Attorney.

    Gruesome details in report on Philadelphia abortion doctor | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/19/2011

    An abortion doctor who catered to minorities, immigrants and poor women was charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a patient and seven babies who were born alive and then killed with scissors, prosecutors said Wednesday.

    Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, made millions of dollars over 30 years, performing as many illegal, late-term abortions as he could, prosecutors said. State regulators ignored complaints about him and failed to visit or inspect his clinic since 1993, but no charges were warranted against them, District Attorney Seth Williams said.

    Philadelphia Abortion Doctor Charged With 8 Counts of Murder - FoxNews.com

  7. #37
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,324
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    The most radical social conservative elements, really terrorists amongst us, have tried to bring America to its knees. They failed but they were far too close to succeeding.
    When you say stupid **** like this, you give ammo that some on the right will try and use against all of us. It will fail, but still. Advocating for what you believe in is not terrorism.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    What you refer to as "a silly appeal to emotion" is how we see it. It's he destruction of an actual baby. Is it too unreasonable and emotional to oppose that? BTW, if you're going to call us anti-choice, is it ok if I call you pro-abortion?
    1) It is an appeal to emotion. It's not murder, no matter how you slice it. I am uninterested if that is how you see it. It is presenting a logical fallacy and I will confront anyone I see who uses it. I've done it before to Chuz Life and Hicup. You want to use the word "kill", and you will have no problem with me. Murder is incorrect.

    2) I use the term "anti-choice" specifically when I see someone posting the term "pro-abortion". They are both idiot terms and do not reflect how each side presents themselves. Someone in this thread used the term. I will back off from continuing to use MY idiot term as a response until I see it again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    The most radical social conservative elements, really terrorists amongst us, have tried to bring America to its knees. They failed but they were far too close to succeeding.
    Mayor Snorkum is willing to bet money this guy would be screaming a bloody fit about bigotry, stereotyping, and hatred if anyone posted that all muslims are terrorists, however, he feels perfectly at ease in labelling as "terrorist" all those who oppose the murder of the unborn child, even though 99.9999% of them view the problem as one to be solved at the ballot box, not the target range.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservativesí Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Wrong, abortion doctors and clinics commit murder all the time and get away with it for YEARS.

    West Philadelphia abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell routinely delivered live babies in the third trimester of pregnancy, then murdered them by "sticking scissors into the back of the baby's neck and cutting the spinal cord," according to the Philadelphia District Attorney.

    Gruesome details in report on Philadelphia abortion doctor | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/19/2011

    An abortion doctor who catered to minorities, immigrants and poor women was charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a patient and seven babies who were born alive and then killed with scissors, prosecutors said Wednesday.

    Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, made millions of dollars over 30 years, performing as many illegal, late-term abortions as he could, prosecutors said. State regulators ignored complaints about him and failed to visit or inspect his clinic since 1993, but no charges were warranted against them, District Attorney Seth Williams said.

    Philadelphia Abortion Doctor Charged With 8 Counts of Murder - FoxNews.com
    I'm not talking about acts that are actually illegal. These WOULD be considered murders, as they are being done during the 3rd trimester, something that I believe is illegal. I'm talking about abortions that are legal. They are not murder.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •