Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 488

Thread: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

  1. #321
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Oh, I get it. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is a terrorist. Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Pay no attention, mac. It was a stupid comment made by a hack. The statement completely lacked logic.
    *yawn*

    The OP doesn't say that all people who disagree with me are terrorists. Read it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    The most radical social conservative elements, really terrorists amongst us, have tried to bring America to its knees. They failed but they were far too close to succeeding.
    The people who intimidate and murder doctors, who intimidate and interfere with patients, who intimidate and threaten landlords and neighbors and whole communities, who blow up clinics, and, maim and kill clinic workers are terrorists.

    This is terrorism.

    image556484.jpg
    *clicky*

    And this is terrorism.

    2i8j8s8.jpg

    The people who use intimidation and violence are terrorists.

    Radical social conservative political leaders almost shutdown the government over the minuscule percentage of the federal budget paid to Planned Parenthood for womens health services rendered under federal programs; funds which by law cannot be used for abortion.

    Like all radicals, their cause is more important than anything else even the nation itself. They would and all but did hold the nation hostage to their cause. I call that terrorism.

    See the new book: The Wichita Divide | Stephen Singular | Macmillan
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean
    So, your “far more complex than a simple answer” is a simple solution of shredding into bloody pieces of a tiny helpless human being in the womb and sucking them out to be tossed into the biohazard bin without blinking an eye?

    If your appeal to “unwanted children” diatribe is a logical argument to addressing the complex social problem, then shouldn’t we simply allow women such as Susan Smith or Andrea Yates to drown their “unwanted children” with impunity until society can "present some sort of plan for managing the amount of unwanted children"?
    Nothing but an appeal to emotion and a straw man argument. No response needed.
    What emotional appeal and straw man?

    The "shredding into bloody pieces of a tiny helpless human being in the womb and sucking them out " is simply a description of an abortion procedure called "Dilation and Curettage" (D&C). It's a fact. How then can you say it's "Nothing but an appeal to emotion and a straw man argument"?

    Susan Smith did not want her two children because her wealthy lover had told her he didn't want a ready made family. As such the children would get in the way of her pursuit of her happiness. She didn't want to give them up to her husband or put them up for adoption for the very same reason abortive women wouldn't. As such, Susan Smith's two children were just as "unwanted" as those unborns you condemned as "unwanted". It's a fact. How then can you say it's "Nothing but an appeal to emotion and a straw man argument"?

  3. #323
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    What emotional appeal and straw man?
    The "shredding into bloody pieces of a tiny helpless human being in the womb and sucking them out " is simply a description of an abortion procedure called "Dilation and Curettage" (D&C). It's a fact. How then can you say it's "Nothing but an appeal to emotion and a straw man argument"?
    An appeal to emotion is a type of argument which attempts to arouse the emotions of its audience in order to gain acceptance of its conclusion.
    Logical Fallacy: Emotional Appeal

    You know exactly why its emotional appeal and I can assure you it did not make anyone more inclined to accept your conclusion.

  4. #324
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    What emotional appeal and straw man?

    The "shredding into bloody pieces of a tiny helpless human being in the womb and sucking them out " is simply a description of an abortion procedure called "Dilation and Curettage" (D&C). It's a fact. How then can you say it's "Nothing but an appeal to emotion and a straw man argument"?
    The best response to this sort of imagery is to say something like "that sounds like a fun weekend" because it usually makes the person using an emotional appeal so angry that they give up But if they are dealing in emotion rather than logic, then its fun to counter with something that will generate an emotional response.

    And besides an absurd post deserves an absurd reply
    Last edited by tacomancer; 04-13-11 at 12:47 PM.

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    *yawn*

    The OP doesn't say that all people who disagree with me are terrorists. Read it!



    The people who intimidate and murder doctors, who intimidate and interfere with patients, who intimidate and threaten landlords and neighbors and whole communities, who blow up clinics, and, maim and kill clinic workers are terrorists.

    This is terrorism.

    image556484.jpg
    *clicky*

    And this is terrorism.

    2i8j8s8.jpg

    The people who use intimidation and violence are terrorists.

    Radical social conservative political leaders almost shutdown the government over the minuscule percentage of the federal budget paid to Planned Parenthood for womens health services rendered under federal programs; funds which by law cannot be used for abortion.

    Like all radicals, their cause is more important than anything else even the nation itself. They would and all but did hold the nation hostage to their cause. I call that terrorism.

    See the new book: The Wichita Divide | Stephen Singular | Macmillan
    What nonsense! There is a difference between a terrorist, such as the islamic terrorists and suicide hijacking/bombers, who uses intimidation and violence indiscriminate against large crowd of innocent civilians verses a blood avenger to prevent the mass slaughter of defenseless innocent tiny human beings by a murderous abortionist with blood in his hands.

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Logical Fallacy: Emotional Appeal

    You know exactly why its emotional appeal and I can assure you it did not make anyone more inclined to accept your conclusion.
    Do I need to go with you endlessly on a circular merry-go-around? I don't think so.

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Last Seen
    10-17-16 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,138
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    The best response to this sort of imagery is to say something like "that sounds like a fun weekend" because it usually makes the person using an emotional appeal so angry that they give up But if they are dealing in emotion rather than logic, then its fun to counter with something that will generate an emotional response.

    And besides an absurd post deserves an absurd reply
    It is alway very difficult to stare at the truth in the face.

  8. #328
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    What nonsense! There is a difference between a terrorist, such as the islamic terrorists and suicide hijacking/bombers, who uses intimidation and violence indiscriminate against large crowd of innocent civilians verses a blood avenger to prevent the mass slaughter of defenseless innocent tiny human beings by a murderous abortionist with blood in his hands.
    ter·ror·ism   
    [ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.
    2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.
    3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

    Terrorism | Define Terrorism at Dictionary.com

    They're domestic terrorists.

  9. #329
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    Do I need to go with you endlessly on a circular merry-go-around? I don't think so.
    An appeal to emotion is a type of argument which attempts to arouse the emotions of its audience in order to gain acceptance of its conclusion.
    Logical Fallacy: Emotional Appeal

    You know exactly why its emotional appeal and I can assure you it did not make anyone more inclined to accept your conclusion.

  10. #330
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Late Clash on Abortion Shows Conservatives’ Sway

    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinocean View Post
    It is alway very difficult to stare at the truth in the face.
    I am staring right at what you consider truth and am laughing at it. Use logic and rationality and you will get the same consideration from me.

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •