Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 199

Thread: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

  1. #81
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Hold the presses, there is this from Aug 13, 2010:

    Officials dispute reliability of Waukesha County clerk's election data system - JSOnline

    Waukesha — Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus' decision to go it alone in how she collects and maintains election results has some county officials raising a red flag about the integrity of the system.

    Nickolaus said she decided to take the election data collection and storage system off the county's computer network - and keep it on stand-alone personal computers accessible only in her office - for security reasons. ...
    That's not best practice at all.
    The system she was using should have been set up securely enough to start.
    Next, "Nonetheless, Director of Administration Norman A. Cummings said because Nickolaus has kept them out of the loop, the county's information technology specialists have not been able to verify Nickolaus' claim that the system is secure from failure."

    So the records went from a system that was maintained by IT professionals to one that was created by a local politician.

    I am failing to see how this has made the records more secure.
    I may be wrong.

  2. #82
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Wis. county corrects Supreme Court race vote count to give incumbent Prosser 7,500-vote edge - 4/7/2011 8:32:32 PM | Newser

    An audit of Nickolaus' handling of the 2010 election found that she needed to take steps to improve security and backup procedures, like stop sharing passwords. The audit was requested after the county's director of administration said Nickolaus had been uncooperative with attempts to have county experts review her systems and confirm backups were in place.

    Not who I would choose to handle my sensitive data.
    Last edited by Simon W. Moon; 04-08-11 at 02:56 PM.
    I may be wrong.

  3. #83
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Wis. county corrects Supreme Court race vote count to give incumbent Prosser 7,500-vote edge - 4/7/2011 8:32:32 PM | Newser

    An audit of Nickolaus' handling of the 2010 election found that she needed to take steps to improve security and backup procedures, like stop sharing passwords. The audit was requested after the county's director of administration said Nickolaus had been uncooperative with attempts to have county experts review her systems and confirm backups were in place.

    Not who I would choose to handle my sensitive data.
    She is an incompetent, who should have been fired long ago. Because she wasn't, conspiracy nuts are going to have a field day over this, even though the vote in Waukesha County seems to be very legitimate.

    "Elections are too important to be left to politicians"

    -Georges Clemenceau
    Last edited by danarhea; 04-08-11 at 03:18 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #84
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    stop sharing passwords
    OK, what the ****...


    Seriously, I doubt there was any fraud here, this is explained easier with incompetence, but this is almost asking for trouble. It has all the appearances of fraud.

    I find it funny that one member here was making fun of liberals who would cry fraud, but didn't when it looked like the democrat won and a conservative cried it based on no evidence, then made fun of people for saying this is questionable. It does not have to be fraud, and probably isn't, but this woman created the appearance of either fraud or incompetence and throws a lot of questions on the results.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #85
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    The question of fraud is separate from the question of professional conduct.

    Actually, the professional conduct issue isn't really a question. It's obvious that questionable, dangerous and non-optimal practices were implemented whether there was any fraud or not.
    I may be wrong.

  6. #86
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Hold the presses, there is this from Aug 13, 2010:

    Officials dispute reliability of Waukesha County clerk's election data system - JSOnline
    Waukesha — Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus' decision to go it alone in how she collects and maintains election results has some county officials raising a red flag about the integrity of the system.

    Nickolaus said she decided to take the election data collection and storage system off the county's computer network - and keep it on stand-alone personal computers accessible only in her office - for security reasons. ...
    Why weren't they keeping the data off the network in the first place? I wouldn't sweat it, no doubt state officials will be involved in reviewing the data anyway.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #87
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Why weren't they keeping the data off the network in the first place? I wouldn't sweat it, no doubt state officials will be involved in reviewing the data anyway.
    The network should already have a place and procedures for sensitive data established. There shouldn't've been any need to do any funny business with it.
    I may be wrong.

  8. #88
    Educator TheBook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Last Seen
    11-28-11 @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    880

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Apparently with these new totals, at 47% turnout the number of total votes is now more than double what was expected in that area and the percentage is greater than that of areas where there were other active races (in Waukesha there was only this one and a mild circuit court race).

    I'm surprised that there is no investigation into this, all things considered. While it may not be fraud, it certainly is suspicious.
    “The more you know, the harder it is to take decisive action. Once you become informed, you start seeing complexities and shades of gray. You realize that nothing is as clear and simple as it first appears. Ultimately, knowledge is paralyzing.” - Bill Watterson
    Who Is Chicago Ted?

  9. #89
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBook View Post
    Apparently with these new totals, at 47% turnout the number of total votes is now more than double what was expected in that area and the percentage is greater than that of areas where there were other active races (in Waukesha there was only this one and a mild circuit court race).

    I'm surprised that there is no investigation into this, all things considered. While it may not be fraud, it certainly is suspicious.
    1) I don't see that as a surprise, since Waukesha is Prosser's home county.

    2) The town in question in Waukesha had depressed turnout, inconsistent with the numbers from the rest of the county. The new numbers put that town back in line with how the rest of the county voted.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #90
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,117
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Prosser gains 7,500 votes in Waukesha County

    Watch the video of the press conference, and you'll see that the democrat that was present confirms that there was no foul play in this incident. She said the new vote count giving Pressor the 7000 vote lead is correct. Or put another way...

    Game, set and match.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •