Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Results 311 to 319 of 319

Thread: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

  1. #311
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    But if you post something that gives no support for accusations made within, we are supposed to just accept it because it came from you....pfft. Good God man, get a clue.


    j-mac
    J, I've never used this type of illogical. I never ask you to accept numbers not supported. I never say because so and so says so. That's is really much more prominent on your side of these things. You have no logical reason to acept this OP, and yet you do, unchalleneged.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #312
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No, I disagree. That they provide the highest number of abortions says more about the people they serve (poor women) and the size of their business (they are the largest family planning center in the country with over 820 centers) then it does about their intention. PP is a business - they provide a product that their customers demand. You have to ask, "why do their customers demand abortion in such high levels"? 1) Because poorer women have a higher % of unintended pregnancies. 2) Because PP is the place to go for sexual health services including abortion in low-income neighborhoods. (Wealthy/middle class women will likely go to their actual doctor for such services.)

    Neither of these conditions requires that the intention of PP is to provide abortion - they show that their customers demand abortion and that they have more customers than everybody else - since they are the largest family planning provider in the country.
    Poor women are not the highest number of abortees.....
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #313
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Poor women are not the highest number of abortees.....
    57 percent of women obtaining abortions in 2000 were low-income
    National Abortion Federation: Women Who Have Abortions

  4. #314
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Well, wasn't that Sanger's vision? Get rid of the "undesirables"?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #315
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, wasn't that Sanger's vision? Get rid of the "undesirables"?

    j-mac
    Yes it was. Wasn't that the United States' vision? Get rid of the "savages". Look we both made irrelevant comments.

  6. #316
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Yes it was. Wasn't that the United States' vision? Get rid of the "savages". Look we both made irrelevant comments.

    Sanger is irrelevant? She was the founder of PP......


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #317
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,036

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sanger is irrelevant? She was the founder of PP......


    j-mac
    LOL, I think you're moving just a bit too fast for him.

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sanger is irrelevant? She was the founder of PP......

    j-mac
    The original purpose of PP was to get rid of "undesirables". And the original purpose of Hewlett-Packard was to make audio oscillators. Things change. That's the point.

  9. #319
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    rolleyes Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I guess I stand corrected....poor women are in the majority.....by 7%.


    Hmmmmm. national abortion federation.......sounds position neutral to me.....
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •