Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 319

Thread: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

  1. #271
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    These conservatives need to leave their frigging dogma out of my damn politics. You wanna do morals? Do it in a church where it belongs and don't try to do it on my dime.


    Oh and someone may have already said it but if they are so damn concerned about the killed babies? Then they need to adopt a bunch of babies and children that have been given up by their mothers. Since they want these "babies" to be born? Let em pay for it out their own damn pockets-not mine.
    You'd be surprised at how many people would take them up on that offer. I've never heard of anyone getting an abortion because she couldn't find anyone who would absolutely love to adopt the baby.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #272
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    They count services performed as it should be. If they perform 100 abortions it doesn't matter if it was on 2 women of 100 women. They performed 100 abortion services.

    Why are you counting labwork and BC as an abortion procedure in your 11% number?
    One client can rack up a lot of services in one year. PP averages over 10 million services in a year. If she only goes in for birth controll pills once a month, thats still 12 services. Plus they get to add all the services (except the abortion procedure) from the pregnant lady to their "services." So you see, it is quite easy to rack up tons of services that make their abortion business look like nothing at all.
    It's when you count the clients, that you get the real picture.

    These are both true statements.

    "3% of Planned Parenthood services are abortions"

    "For every 100 clients 11 get abortions." That's 11%


    Planned parenthood prefers to use the first statement.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #273
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    PP is the single largest provider of abortions in the United States of America. Word smith that any way you damn well please.
    Never said they weren't. I said abortions are 3% of their services - meaning abortion isn't their agenda or main service to the population.

    As is your's to me. Where's that leave us? Fighting over what get's funded. It very much is hypocrisy. Your morals are no more valid than anyone else's, and yet you are so arrogant that you think they are.
    The absence of a moral position (me) is not the same as the imposition of a moral position (you). I can't force my moral take on abortion if I don't have one. Show me a scientific reason to take a moral stance and I'll take one (positive or negative). As for now, morality seems as out of place in this discussion as someone else's moral objection to taking medicine.

    I'm leaving morality to the individual - make medicine available so those who don't consider taking it a moral issue can take it; make abortion available so those who don't consider it a moral issue can have one. YOU impose your morality by regulating other people's behaviors. I do not impose my morality because I am letting people chose their own behavior. This is the difference. Arrogance comes in when you try to tell other people what to do. Pro-choicers aren't telling anyone what to do - we let people make their own moral decisions and you take offense to that because you think that other people should not be allowed to make choices that don't agree with your morality.

    As for others - some pro-choicers do believe that abortion is morally wrong, but they keep their morality out of it. That's the whole point of pro-choice - to let women make their own moral and practical decisions about it.

    the discrimination was not the point. You're morals say abortion is ok, while mine say it's not. Your morals are not more valid than mine.
    Then provide examples without discrimination. The reason the examples you highlighted are problems is because they are examples of discrimination - there is NO other reason religious organizations should not receive funding - because their ideas of morality lead to discrimination. PP doesn't discriminate to your examples are irrelevant.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 04-10-11 at 05:42 AM.

  4. #274
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    I guess this thread is moot now.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #275
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,125

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many people would take them up on that offer. I've never heard of anyone getting an abortion because she couldn't find anyone who would absolutely love to adopt the baby.
    indeed. there are many couples desperate to adopt babies. what there aren't is many doctors trained to do anything except recommend abortion.

  6. #276
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,125

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Never said they weren't. I said abortions are 3% of their services - meaning abortion isn't their agenda or main service to the population.
    the infantry is a relatively small piece of the military. obviously the military's main agenda isn't killing people?

  7. #277
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    the infantry is a relatively small piece of the military. obviously the military's main agenda isn't killing people?
    You have a point and yet your point in no way shows that abortion is the main agenda of Planned Parenthood - so we're back at square one.

  8. #278
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    You'd be surprised at how many people would take them up on that offer. I've never heard of anyone getting an abortion because she couldn't find anyone who would absolutely love to adopt the baby.
    There are a lot of children waiting to be adopted who will never be adopted that beg to differ....

  9. #279
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    There are a lot of children waiting to be adopted who will never be adopted that beg to differ....
    And A lot that do get adopted....few become drains on society. All abortions result in dead babies.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #280
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama vows to veto short-term bill(edited)

    60% of african american pregnancies in new york city end in abortion

    41% of New York City pregnancies end in abortion among New York women - New York NY | Examiner.com

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •