I LOVE how the conservatives here can read the list of riders and still support the GOP's maneuvers. Let me give a counter-example:
GOP controls the white house and senate. Democrats control the house. It's crunch time, the government is about to shut down because there's no budget. The Democrats wont budge, they put forth a budget that is of a number the GOP doesn't particularly want but might grudgingly accept. Except there's some riders:
1) No funding for any program that features abstinence-only sexual education
2) No funding for any program that tries to in any way persuade women to not have abortions
3) No funding for any educational program that teaches any alternative "theories" to evoluti0on
4) No funding for any energy source that isn't carbon-free
5) Implements a universal health care system by appropriating funds to Medicare for all citizens
6) No funding for any background check process for gun ownership. Does not remove the requirement for these background checks, so no more checks are done and therefore no more guns are sold if they would require those checks.
7) No funding for gitmo or detainment of any prisoners currently housed there
Conservatives would be protesting in the freaking streets. GOP does it? They get cheered on by most of the Limbaugh crowd.
One of you will end up here next!
veto the cr, knock yourself out
take it to the american people
they've been waiting
social security and medicare need to be looked at and fixed...
too bad the president did SQUAT
ask bowles and simpson
don't ask whitehouse.gov
unless you wanna be a shill
Last edited by The Prof; 04-08-11 at 01:48 AM.