Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 340

Thread: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

  1. #51
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    First of all teachers do not have any latitude anymore when it comes to discipline, the discipline is strictly outlined by school boards and administrations. When I was a kid a teacher would smack you across the face and my father would tell me I deserved it. Today the teacher would be fired and there would be lawyers swarming all over the school.
    Should the boy have been tasered by police...ONLY, if it was determined by the officers on the scene that it was the best or only way to assure they could disarm him without HURTING him. Subdueing and out of control 8yr old with a weapon is easy for a well conditioned man, however, its not easy to assure you dont hurt him in the process. I dont know I wasnt there and I dont have all the facts.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How do you know that's not the case. Since my parenting career began, I've met some seriously sub-standard teachers.

    Let's not put teachers on too high of a pedestal.
    so, it's ok for you to make assumptions about the teachers complicity in the events in question, but someone assumes the kid was actually a possible danger, and that's simply not possible?


  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But not the same threat level of an older child.
    Completely depends.

    Older Child without a weapon would likely be less threatening then an 8 y/o with a knife in my mind.

    A large 8 y/o with a very sharp edged stick that is enraged would be more threatening to me than a squaney 15 year old with a knife that's more nervous than anything else

    You keep talking in absolutes while acting like you're some big macho genius when it comes to these types of situations, which just makes me think that honestly your opinion on this is roughly jack and **** compartive to the cops at the scene. The fact you are ignorantly suggesting age alone makes someone with a potentially dangerous weapon non-threatening and that you'd just need to "Grab his arm and spank his bottom" to solve the issue speaks volumes.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I dont know I wasnt there and I dont have all the facts.
    Best response in this whole thread. Thank you.

  5. #55
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,722

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    liblady - if a police officer can't control an 8 yr old without pepper spray, i think maybe they need to go back for more training. this is ridiculous.

    "apdst likes this."

    Everybody put your heads between your legs and kiss your asses goodbye. The world just came to an end.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    No it's not. Come on. You really believe that an 8 year old is that dangerous?
    Well yes, I believe an 8 year old can be that dangerous. I think its ridiculous to suggest or imply flatly that its ridiculous to assume an 8 year old could put someone in a situation where self defense of some kind if needed.

    You know, here in Texas, if a parent was to pepper spray a kid, he or she would be doing hard time.
    And your point?

    The kid is getting out of line and screaming and throwing a temper tantrum, maybe throwing a plate, because they want a cookie? Yeah, I'd agree. Kid throwing a TV around, waving a sharp weapon at you, threatening you and others, then I'd say the law would be ridiculous to lock someone up for that.

    Why does a cop get an exception to that? There are better ways to deal with unruly kids, and pepper spray is definitely not one of them. That cop should be fired.
    You've got to be freaking kidding me Dana?

    You're definition of an "unruly" kid is one hurling charis and a TELEVISION at teachers and class mates, screaming insults at them, and getting ahold of a sharp object to use incase they "came out" of the door he was trying to break into to continue to go after them?

    Would something short of a 20 person killing spree apparently be required for you to call a kid being delinquent if THAT is simply being "unruly"?

    I'm sure you'd be in here screaming up a storm and demanding the cop be fired and sued if he had actually tried to physically stop the kid and ended up causing some kind of injury to the 8 y/o while trying to keep from being stabbed.

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    This is ****ing ridiculous...

    Question for all the macho hotshots on the thread.

    All of you saying how absolutely easy and seemingly unquestionably safe disarming ANYONE, even an 8 y/o, of a potetentially dangerous edged weapon. How much training or actual experience do you have doing such a thing? Or is this all based off the movies, what you THINK is common sense, or because "by god I'm a parent of 6 kids so I know everything there is ever about anything doing with any kind of kid in any fashion"?

  8. #58
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    so, it's ok for you to make assumptions about the teachers complicity in the events in question, but someone assumes the kid was actually a possible danger, and that's simply not possible?

    I never said the kid wasn't a threat. Stop rolling your eyes and actually read my posts.

  9. #59
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Best response in this whole thread. Thank you.
    Originally Posted by lpast
    I dont know I wasnt there and I dont have all the facts.
    If that's the "best response?" We'd better just shut down the website, 'cause it's gunna get awful quiet.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,292

    Re: Misbehaving Boy, 8, Pepper Sprayed By Police

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This is ****ing ridiculous...

    Question for all the macho hotshots on the thread.

    All of you saying how absolutely easy and seemingly unquestionably safe disarming ANYONE, even an 8 y/o, of a potetentially dangerous edged weapon. How much training or actual experience do you have doing such a thing? Or is this all based off the movies, what you THINK is common sense, or because "by god I'm a parent of 6 kids so I know everything there is ever about anything doing with any kind of kid in any fashion"?
    I have quit a bit of training, actually. But, my question is: what dangerous weapon did this kid possess?

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •