Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 116

Thread: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Registration Fraud in Nevada

  1. #41
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    How could you possibly assign bonuses for the number of voters registered and not expect people to make up names and what not. That's just idiotic.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #42
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Well, if they obtained a valid fake drivers license, social security number, mailing address etc., all required by the voter registration department, then maybe.

    Would anybody spend the money and expose themselves to the attendant risk necessary to have an actual effect on the outcome of an election?

    Not likely.

    Does this mean that reality has a liberal bias?

    Closed minds don't want to know.
    If there is no reward at the end why try to register fake and dead voters?

    If this had happened in only one or two locations it wouldn't be a big deal (unless of course the organization was affiliated with Conservatives or Republicans).

    ACORN and Project Vote are doing this all over the country. They must be getting something out of it.

    Closed minds...... yeah, that has to be it.
    Last edited by Ron Mars; 04-07-11 at 01:22 AM.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  3. #43
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    How could you possibly assign bonuses for the number of voters registered and not expect people to make up names and what not. That's just idiotic.
    yeah. really. honor, honesty, and integrity are sooooooooooo outdated modes of thinking. how idiotic to actually believe people are worth a ****?
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,444
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    If there is no reward at the end why try to register fake and dead voters?

    If this had happened in only one or two locations it wouldn't be a big deal (unless of course the organization was affiliated with Conservatives or Republicans).

    ACORN and Project Vote are doing this all over the country. They must be getting something out of it.

    Closed minds...... yeah, that has to be it.
    Dude, I did voter registration for a couple of days maybe 25 years ago, and turning in fake registrations was going on then. Hell, one of the reasons i quit was I wouldn't do it. I was getting **** over low numbers as a result, and I've never been a tattletail so there was no other option.

    Any time canvassers are paid by the registration this occurs. Mechanisms are in place to prevent paying people for fake registrations as well as save the registrar resources.

    Maybe back then there was a legitimate possibility of election tampering through fake registrations.

    But the difficulty of obtaining the necessary ID, as well as computerised verification processes are making this a vanishing possibility.

    As much noise as has been made by both sides on this issue you would think this was an actual issue.

    But actual cases of actually cast fraudulent votes are rare at best. It simply isn't practical.

    Tampering with electronic voting machines would apparently be FAR easier.

    Carry on.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #45
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    yeah. really. honor, honesty, and integrity are sooooooooooo outdated modes of thinking. how idiotic to actually believe people are worth a ****?
    I assume that was sarcastic so I will respond:

    Now I can't be sure, but I'd guess these "field agents" are fairly low paid to begin with - again, that's just my assumption. Assuming that, offering bonuses that can be easily be taken advantage of through unethical means to groups of people that make low incomes is a bad idea. Anyone who has worked in a sales environment knows how dirty it can get with commission.

    Yes, it's idiotic to assume that humans aren't honest and don't have integrity, but it's even dumber to assume that all humans have those attributes. Kind of like the old adage:

    "Expect the best, plan for the worst".
    Last edited by whysoserious; 04-07-11 at 01:46 AM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #46
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I assume that was sarcastic so I will respond:

    Now I can't be sure, but I'd guess these "field agents" are fairly low paid to begin with - again, that's just my assumption. Assuming that, offering bonuses that can be easily be taken advantage of through unethical means to groups of people that make low incomes is a bad idea. Anyone who has worked in a sales environment knows how dirty it can get with commission.

    Yes, it's idiotic to assume that humans aren't honest and don't have integrity, but it's even dumber to assume that all humans have those attributes. Kind of like the old adage:

    "Expect the best, plan for the worst".
    yes. i understand the motivations for dishonesty and dishonor. there's probably not a person on this forum who hasn't been dishonest
    in one way or another. i know i have. that's not the point. you know it. i know it. and everyone else here knows it. this is about ACORN,
    and what a supposedly fine, upstanding and honest organization they were.
    well? look at their whore asses now.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    How could you possibly assign bonuses for the number of voters registered and not expect people to make up names and what not. That's just idiotic.
    This is exactly my thinking on the whole thing. I want to feel bad for ACORN, since the idea of getting people registered to vote seems like a positive thing. But when I heard they where giving bonuses for numbers, that kind of stupidity is beyond belief and I just can't manage to feel sorry for them.

    I don't see ACORN as some evil group, merely really really stupid and poorly run.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    yes. i'm sure your kind would most definitely wanna rid the front page of your "support group" being outed for VOTER FRAUD.
    i'll say it a dozen more times. so what? report it and get it removed. might make your corrupt ass feel better.
    I don't care how many times you say it, I merely pointed out you broke the rules. You could stop the insult or I might just report that.

    II - All Opening Post threads posted in *BN* must have:

    • Static link to an article from a bona-fide news organization.
    • Dateline within the past 48 hours.
    • Exact same title as the cited article.
    • Quoted short excerpts from the article.
    • Your own unique content to spur discussion.

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,444
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is exactly my thinking on the whole thing. I want to feel bad for ACORN, since the idea of getting people registered to vote seems like a positive thing. But when I heard they where giving bonuses for numbers, that kind of stupidity is beyond belief and I just can't manage to feel sorry for them.

    I don't see ACORN as some evil group, merely really really stupid and poorly run.
    And its not hard to posit a morally acceptable motivation to get more actual voters registered. Get out the vote activities are some of our most cherished institutions (at least those getting out the vote for OUR side ).

    ACORN apparently broke one of the rules in place to prevent excessive zeal. And undoubtedly they were concentrating their efforts in areas with high numbers of potential Democrats, making their activities partisan.

    But as long as they turned in the Republican registrations, flagged the obvious fakes (and you know one fake flags that canvassers entire output, right?) they commited a violation, not a crime. They were driving too fast, not fleeing the scene of a murder.

    Every single facet of the Democrat campaign apparatus is under attack by conservative forces at this time.

    Obviously, they have accepted that they can't beat the Democrats on the field of ideas.

    Now they're just trying to pencil whip the scorecard.

    Pathetic.

    Have any of those spraining their fingers responding with nastiness ever considered that a politician might lie? And that maybe I'm the one telling you the truth?

    I'm not making any claims to my veracity, I'm just wondering if its even possible for you to conceive that a politician may be lying to you.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  10. #50
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: ACORN Pleads Guilty to Voter Fraud

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I don't care how many times you say it, I merely pointed out you broke the rules. You could stop the insult or I might just report that.
    so you DON'T feel your ass has been corrupted?
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •