Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1115

Thread: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

  1. #901
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Are you ever going to respond to the actual post? How did President Bush create a 1.2 trillion dollar deficit from October 1, 2008 to January 20, 2009? Seems that all I get are intellectually dishonest statements from liberals.
    Speaking of dishonest, your question is a strawman anyway. No one said Bush created a $1.2 trillion dollar deficit between October 1, 2008 and January 20, 2009. The CBO released what they expected the deficit to be based on current economic conditions at that time, in conjunction with Bush's budget. Turns out, their projection wasn't that far off.
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 04-07-11 at 03:27 PM.

  2. #902
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Speaking of dishonest, your question is a strawman anyway. No one said Bush created a $1.2 trillion dollar deficit between October 1, 2008 and January 20, 2009. The CBO released what they expected the deficit to be based on current economic conditions at that time, in conjunction with Bush's budget. Turns out, their projection wasn't that far off.
    The total wasn't far off but the details you continue to ignore. How much deficit did Obama create in 2009 with his stimulus and war supplemental along with spending 350 billion of the TARP? Intellectual honesty? Let's see if you have any?

  3. #903
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    The total wasn't far off but the details you continue to ignore.
    I did not ignore the details. Did you not read the details I provided you in post #897? Which of those details changed during the course of FY2009?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    How much deficit did Obama create in 2009 with his stimulus and war supplemental along with spending 350 billion of the TARP? Intellectual honesty? Let's see if you have any?
    Asked and answered.

  4. #904
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I did not ignore the details. Did you not read the details I provided you in post #897? Which of those details changed during the course of FY2009?


    Asked and answered.
    Stimulus, the amount that Obama spent of TARP, and the War supplemental, all Obama spending. there was indeed a deficit in 2009. Obama blames all of it on Bush and you buy the rhetoric.

  5. #905
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I did not ignore the details. Did you not read the details I provided you in post #897? Which of those details changed during the course of FY2009?


    Asked and answered.
    You live in a different universe. I am done with this argument. You are on ignore

  6. #906
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    You live in a different universe.
    Yes, apparently I do. It's the one with the planet, Earth, in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I am done with this argument.
    I accept your surrender.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    You are on ignore
    You are not.

  7. #907
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, what I pointed out is the data for both, apparently you missed the data and ignored how the data was created. Both Reagan and Bush policies were pro growth, pro individual, pro entreprenuer whereas Obama's policies are pro nanny state which apparently you are more comfortable as you are used to having someone else take care of you, unions. You want badly to buy percentage change not realizing that percentage change is dependent on the base, the lower the base number the higher the negative percentages. If you drop a million people off the unemployment roles what will that do to the percentage change? Until one looks at actual numbers that actually affect people then one lacks credibility using percentage
    again, put an (R) in front of the name, and all is good...a (D)? obviously a failure with bad results..

  8. #908
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    again, put an (R) in front of the name, and all is good...a (D)? obviously a failure with bad results..
    You don't seem to understand the difference between the free market capitalism, pro growth, pro private sector economic policy vs. the big govt, nanny state, govt. responsibility economy promoted by Obama. It has nothing to do with a R or a D after their name. Give me a reason to vote FOR Obama? The economic numbers and policy don't support your position.

  9. #909
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't seem to understand the difference between the free market capitalism, pro growth, pro private sector economic policy vs. the big govt, nanny state, govt. responsibility economy promoted by Obama. It has nothing to do with a R or a D after their name. Give me a reason to vote FOR Obama? The economic numbers and policy don't support your position.
    please put me on ignore, as i would hate to see you lose another argument today. with you, it all comes down to what political affiliation a person has...why be dishonest about it? sheik whipped your ass up and down this thread, and when he did, and when you couldnt refute what he was saying, and when he called you on 'projections', you tucked tail and started whining 'you are going on ignore'...game, set, and match to sheik yerbuti.

  10. #910
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    please put me on ignore, as i would hate to see you lose another argument today. with you, it all comes down to what political affiliation a person has...why be dishonest about it? sheik whipped your ass up and down this thread, and when he did, and when you couldnt refute what he was saying, and when he called you on 'projections', you tucked tail and started whining 'you are going on ignore'...game, set, and match to sheik yerbuti.
    You have yet to prove that just like you haven't proven that I have been defeated in any debate. What I find interesting with you is that you are perfectly content to have someone else take care of you, i.e. unions and thus seem incapable of doing anything yourself which is why you need Obama a lot more than the country. I welcome any evidence that Sheik has whipped anyone's ass on this or any other thread. You want so badly to believe what you are told because that is the way you are used to it, a union boss tells you something i.e. that your union dues don't go for political campaigns and you buy it. I see you can offer nothing when asked for a reason to vote FOR Obama. That speaks volumes. For you it is political ideology and who is going to support the unions so they can take care of you. That is quite telling.

Page 91 of 112 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •