Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1115

Thread: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

  1. #851
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Of course the debt skyrocketed, before Obama even became president, the deficit for 2009 was already projected to hit $1.2 trillion.


    Not to you they don't. If they did, you never would have voted to give 4 more years to the guy who did nothing to prevent 9.11, saw 2 million people lose their jobs, and invade a country over weapons that turned out not to be there ... and that was just his first term. By the end of his second, this country was hanging by a thread.
    That projected deficit included the October TARP funding of which Obama spent 350 billion which he didn't have to do. Part of those so called saved jobs were the GM/Chrysler jobs that he used TARP money to save that there was no proof would be lost.

  2. #852
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Of course the debt skyrocketed, before Obama even became president, the deficit for 2009 was already projected to hit $1.2 trillion.


    Not to you they don't. If they did, you never would have voted to give 4 more years to the guy who did nothing to prevent 9.11, saw 2 million people lose their jobs, and invade a country over weapons that turned out not to be there ... and that was just his first term. By the end of his second, this country was hanging by a thread.
    Trufer alert. Look out everybody, it was ALL Bush's fault. I bet you believe that Bush had the levees in New Orleans blasted, to kill black people, huh?

  3. #853
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Both Reagan and Bush policies were pro growth...
    Pro-growth???


    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


    How do you type that with a straight face? After eight years of George Bush, the unemployment rate nearly doubled as there were 5 million more unemployed than when he started

    unemployed + discouraged
    Jan 2001: 6,324,000
    Jan 2009: 1,2718,000

    Total unemployed: 6,394,000

  4. #854
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Pro-growth???


    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


    How do you type that with a straight face? After eight years of George Bush, the unemployment rate nearly doubled as there were 5 million more unemployed than when he started

    unemployed + discouraged
    Jan 2001: 6,324,000
    Jan 2009: 1,2718,000

    Total unemployed: 6,394,000
    Who was running the show when the economy started going to ****.

  5. #855
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Post 837

    Whether or not it is 228k per job is irrelevant, it is over 800 billion dollars spent to create the numbers we have and they are an embarrassment and a disaster.
    The $787 billion stimulus' "key goal" was to save or create 3 million jobs by the end of last year. It passed that mark by 500,000. Only to a Conservative is that kind of success an "embarrassment" and a "disaster."

  6. #856
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Pro-growth???


    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


    How do you type that with a straight face? After eight years of George Bush, the unemployment rate nearly doubled as there were 5 million more unemployed than when he started

    unemployed + discouraged
    Jan 2001: 6,324,000
    Jan 2009: 1,2718,000

    Total unemployed: 6,394,000
    Do you know what pro growth is?

    GDP
    1980 2,788.10
    1981 3,126.80 12.15%
    1982 3253.20 4.04%
    1983 3534.60 8.65%
    1984 3930.90 11.21%
    1985 4217.50 7.29%
    1986 4460.10 5.75%
    1987 4736.40 6.19%
    1988 5100.40 7.69%
    1989 5482.10 7.48%
    1990 5800.50 5.81%
    1991 5992.10 3.30%
    1992 6342.30 5.84%
    1993 6667.40 5.13%
    1994 7085.20 6.27%
    1995 7414.70 4.65%
    1996 7838.50 5.72%
    1997 8332.40 6.30%
    1998 8793.50 5.53%
    1999 9353.50 6.37%
    2000 9951.50 6.39%
    2001 10286.20 3.36%
    2002 10642.30 3.46%
    2003 11142.10 4.70%
    2004 11867.80 6.51%
    2005 12638.40 6.49%
    2006 13398.90 6.02%
    2007 14077.60 5.07%
    2008 14441.40 2.58%
    2009 14256.30 -1.28%
    2010 14657.8 2.82%

  7. #857
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,268

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The $787 billion stimulus' "key goal" was to save or create 3 million jobs by the end of last year. It passed that mark by 500,000. Only to a Conservative is that kind of success an "embarrassment" and a "disaster."
    Still waiting for you to show me those saved jobs and where they are listed by job

  8. #858
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,445

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    The $787 billion stimulus' "key goal" was to save or create 3 million jobs by the end of last year. It passed that mark by 500,000. Only to a Conservative is that kind of success an "embarrassment" and a "disaster."
    How do you measure, "saved and created"? The government can't create jobs, so you're already behind the power curve from the git go.

  9. #859
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    That projected deficit included the October TARP funding of which Obama spent 350 billion which he didn't have to do.
    Allow me to straighten out your misrepresentation of the timeline ...

    January 7th, 2009, the CBO releases new estimates on the deficit, projected to hit $1.2 trillion for FY2009. (projects $1.2 trillion deficit for 2009)

    January 12th, 2009, Obama asks Bush to ask Congress to release the 2nd half of the TARP funds. (Bush Asks Congress to Release $350 Billion of TARP Funds)

    The $1.2 trillion deficit was projected while Bush was still president and before Obama spent a dime.

  10. #860
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    How do you measure, "saved and created"? The government can't create jobs, so you're already behind the power curve from the git go.
    You have to ask Conservative, he's the one who posted the 3.5 million jobs saved/created cost us $228,000 each.

Page 86 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •