Page 85 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1115

Thread: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

  1. #841
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Try to stay on topic, of course Reagan and Bush added to the debt but no one has ever added this much in two years and in fact at the end of this year Obama will be close to adding as much debt in 3 years as Bush added in 8. There was a lot of complaining about the Bush debt but none here by Obama supporters about his debt. It will be his debt that will be an issue in the next election, not Reagan's or Bush's.
    but they added to it, regardless of the amount, but you excuse it...anyhoo...me thinks you should bow out of this thread, as sheik yerbuti is manhandling you. just sayin'

  2. #842
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    reagan and bush policies also contributed to our debt..but of course, they are excused in your book, as they are republican, like yourself.
    Reagan yes, because he tried to fix it. Bush II no, because he didnt'. I was against the Bailouts (the first one, in 2008) when being against them wasn't cool :

  3. #843
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    but they added to it, regardless of the amount, but you excuse it...anyhoo...me thinks you should bow out of this thread, as sheik yerbuti is manhandling you. just sayin'
    Yes, liberals have to stick together for who else but another liberal believes a word that they say. Only a compassionate liberal makes claims of someone else being manhandled. You have very little credibility on the issue as obviously you believe what you want to believe.

    Reagan and Bush both added to the debt along with the Congresses at the time so what is your point? Does that make it right that Obama has added more in a little over a year than Reagan added in 8 or will add more in 3+ years than Bush added in 8?

    Results matter, randel and I am sure that is why you never want to talk about results. If you care so much about the debt that Reagan and Bush created why aren't you sending your Bush tax cut back since you believe that causes debt? If you are concerned about the debt that Reagan and Bush added why are you supporting Obama since he is adding more debt than both and will add more debt than both combined by the time he is done?

  4. #844
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Reagan yes, because he tried to fix it. Bush II no, because he didnt'. I was against the Bailouts (the first one, in 2008) when being against them wasn't cool :
    Reagan wanted to get the line item veto but was denied. Without a line item veto no President alone is responsible for the debt since Congress spends the money. Reagan policies created so much govt. revenue that it was like a "kid in the candy store" for the Congress to see how they could spend the money the quickest.

  5. #845
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, liberals have to stick together for who else but another liberal believes a word that they say. Only a compassionate liberal makes claims of someone else being manhandled. You have very little credibility on the issue as obviously you believe what you want to believe.

    Reagan and Bush both added to the debt along with the Congresses at the time so what is your point? Does that make it right that Obama has added more in a little over a year than Reagan added in 8 or will add more in 3+ years than Bush added in 8?

    Results matter, randel and I am sure that is why you never want to talk about results. If you care so much about the debt that Reagan and Bush created why aren't you sending your Bush tax cut back since you believe that causes debt? If you are concerned about the debt that Reagan and Bush added why are you supporting Obama since he is adding more debt than both and will add more debt than both combined by the time he is done?
    it has been pointed out that you perceive results as good or bad depending on if there is an (R) or a (D) in front of the name....the (R) could have worse results than the (D), and you would still vote for the (R)....

  6. #846
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Try to stay on topic, of course Reagan and Bush added to the debt but no one has ever added this much in two years and in fact at the end of this year Obama will be close to adding as much debt in 3 years as Bush added in 8. There was a lot of complaining about the Bush debt but none here by Obama supporters about his debt. It will be his debt that will be an issue in the next election, not Reagan's or Bush's.
    Now you're comparing 2011 dollars with 1988 dollars? Fact of the matter is, by the time Reagan left office, he nearly tripled the national debt. Lemme guess, in 1984, you voted to give him 4 more years too, huh? I suppose you voted to give GHW 4 more years too in 1992? In his 4 years, the debt rose a whopping 61%. That's the second worst performance over a 4 years span (Reagan remains king in that department, raising the debt 79% during his first term).

  7. #847
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    it has been pointed out that you perceive results as good or bad depending on if there is an (R) or a (D) in front of the name....the (R) could have worse results than the (D), and you would still vote for the (R)....
    No, what I pointed out is the data for both, apparently you missed the data and ignored how the data was created. Both Reagan and Bush policies were pro growth, pro individual, pro entreprenuer whereas Obama's policies are pro nanny state which apparently you are more comfortable as you are used to having someone else take care of you, unions. You want badly to buy percentage change not realizing that percentage change is dependent on the base, the lower the base number the higher the negative percentages. If you drop a million people off the unemployment roles what will that do to the percentage change? Until one looks at actual numbers that actually affect people then one lacks credibility using percentage

  8. #848
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Now you're comparing 2011 dollars with 1988 dollars? Fact of the matter is, by the time Reagan left office, he nearly tripled the national debt. Lemme guess, in 1984, you voted to give him 4 more years too, huh? I suppose you voted to give GHW 4 more years too in 1992? In his 4 years, the debt rose a whopping 61%. That's the second worst performance over a 4 years span (Reagan remains king in that department, raising the debt 79% during his first term).
    Post 837

    Why are you focued on the cost per job instead of the numbers claimed? Look, we know what has been spent, over 800 billion dollars in stimulus and 350 billion of the TARP. We know that there are less employed today than when Obama took office. We know that unemployment is higher today than when he took office. We know there are more discourageed workers dropping out of the labor force now than at any time in history. Those are facts that are verifiable, not jobs saved. Your concern about costs ignores the real numbers that matter, actual jobs lost, less jobs created, and the massive debt created. Whether or not it is 228k per job is irrelevant, it is over 800 billion dollars spent to create the numbers we have and they are an embarrassment and a disaster.

  9. #849
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Reagan and Bush both added to the debt along with the Congresses at the time so what is your point? Does that make it right that Obama has added more in a little over a year than Reagan added in 8 or will add more in 3+ years than Bush added in 8?
    Of course the debt skyrocketed, before Obama even became president, the deficit for 2009 was already projected to hit $1.2 trillion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Results matter...
    Not to you they don't. If they did, you never would have voted to give 4 more years to the guy who did nothing to prevent 9.11, saw 2 million people lose their jobs, and invade a country over weapons that turned out not to be there ... and that was just his first term. By the end of his second, this country was hanging by a thread.

  10. #850
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Reagan policies created so much govt. revenue that it was like a "kid in the candy store" for the Congress to see how they could spend the money the quickest.
    Riiight ... he created so much revenue, that he balanced the budget, right?

    Oh ... wait ... he increased the debt 180%! Oops.

Page 85 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •