Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 1115

Thread: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

  1. #571
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    That's not what some of you claim.

    Day in and day out "Obama just 'blames Bush'"

    I'd just like to see where he does it.

    ggkbythxlolz!
    Yesterday, Obama announced his candidacy for re-election and yet the subject remains GW Bush. Would some Obama supporter please give me a valid reason to vote FOR Barack Obama instead of giving reasons to vote AGAINST GW Bush who isn't on the ballot?

  2. #572
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yesterday, Obama announced his candidacy for re-election and yet the subject remains GW Bush. Would some Obama supporter please give me a valid reason to vote FOR Barack Obama instead of giving reasons to vote AGAINST GW Bush who isn't on the ballot?
    Did Obama mention Bush in his re-election thingeymagiggey?

    Cause i'm talking about Obama, not his supporters.

  3. #573
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You know its funny, I have never, ever heard Obama say the words since he's been president that it's Bushs fault, can someone please link that to me. Cheers.
    of course not, he's like many of the libs here. doesn't have the guts to come out and say it straight up. he will "talk around it" and use innuendo and implication. he always refers to "the previous administration" or "my predecessor". so, technically, you may be correct. Obama has not come out and said the words..."it is Bush's fault"
    Last edited by OscarB63; 04-05-11 at 10:50 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #574
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Here, in part:

    By Jared A. Favole

    President Barack Obama made it clear at a fund-raiser in Atlanta today: The Democrats are still running against former President George W. Bush.



    At the Democratic Party event, the president said the Republican Party hasn’t differentiated itself from his predecessor. “They don’t have a single idea that’s different from George Bush’s ideas–not one,” Obama said to applause. Obama rarely refers to Bush by name during speeches, preferring instead to say “the previous administration.”

    He said Republican policies caused the recession. “We got here after 10 years
    of an economic agenda in Washington that was pretty straight forward,” Obama
    said. “You cut taxes for millionaires, you cut rules for special interests, and
    you cut working folks loose to fend for themselves. That was the philosophy of
    the last administration and their friends in Congress.”
    Obama Blames Bush and GOP - Washington Wire - WSJ

  5. #575
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Regardless of any influence from GWB or not, the republican party hasn't really changed its stance on anything since the 1980's, possibly earlier. It's gotten somewhat more concrete in its positions, but none of those positions have altered or adapted to new information or technology. "You cut taxes for millionaires, you cut rules for special interests, and you cut working folks loose to fend for themselves. That was the philosophy of the last administration and their friends in Congress.” This wasn't just the philosophy during Bush's time, but every republican leader since Regan.

    The tactics haven't even changed since then. There's always some enemy at the gates, some reason to fear your neighbors, some desperate crisis in American values that THOSE people are perpetuating that will ruin things for decent folks. There's the constant denunciation of science and intellectuals. Not to mention the racist attitudes and religious exclusion. The republican party's platforms are a backtrack toward the dark ages. We know exactly what the republican party wants, and how it operates. There's nothing new to learn here.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #576
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    So, you're an Independent? Really?

    I'm a Libertarian because while I consider myself more conservative, I also hold some liberal viewpoints as well. Seems I may be a little more "independent" than you, considering your diatribe against the GOP? It's been my experience that both the Democrats AND Republicans aren't guilt free in the state of our nation.

    Would you agree?

  7. #577
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    So, you're an Independent? Really?
    it has been my experience that most people on these type forums who claim to be "independent" are actually liberals who don't want to admit that they are liberals.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #578
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You know its funny, I have never, ever heard Obama say the words since he's been president that it's Bushs fault, can someone please link that to me. Cheers.

    UPDATE 1-Obama attacks Bush policies in Bush's home state | Reuters

    Why Obama Will 'Own' the Recession - Capital Commerce (usnews.com)

    Obama blaming Bush.....again - Philadelphia Dauphin County Republican | Examiner.com



    I can keep going if you like..... also anytime he claims he "inherited" (insert issue), who do you think he is blaming?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #579
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Did Obama mention Bush in his re-election thingeymagiggey?

    Cause i'm talking about Obama, not his supporters.
    Paid any attention to the posts in this thread?

  10. #580
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post

    ..... also anytime he claims he "inherited" (insert issue), who do you think he is blaming?
    but...but...but... he 's never said quote "it is Bush's fault" unquote
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •