Page 48 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 1115

Thread: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

  1. #471
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    My response was to the Reagan reference of whether or not you are better off than you were four years ago. Since there are more unemployed today than when Obama took office the answer for those people would be worse off and when you go to U-6 it is much worse than that. With a growing population net job losses don't bode well for incumbents.
    My point about the Reagan quote was to demonstrate why it is important to show comparisons. Reagan ran both in 1980 and 1984 on comparisons, the first to the Carter years, the second to his own adminstrations. Comparisons are valid. That was my only point.

    And where are those links/data for the Bush employment numbers?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #472
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,363

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I agree with this for the most part, however, this was not really the point that I am trying to extrapolate. Thanks for responding, logically, though.
    I think this is why many democrats are so dissapointed with Obama. I guess he feels they have no where else to go so he has those votes locked up anyway. The only way to really fix HC was a single payor system. Anything else is just papering over holes in the wall.

  3. #473
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sham wow plans on running against Bush again
    Yep, and he will get the brainwashed voting for him again. I keep wondering when the guy who loves being President will actually act like the President instead of someone selling Sham Wow. No leadership at all but then he had a resume that lacked leadership skills so we are getting what some elected.

  4. #474
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post

    Actually Conservative is the one who first took the thread off topic.
    That happened on another thread too and when he was losing the debate, he began crying about how I was off-topic -- even though he took the forum off topic.

  5. #475
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more nonsense

    if rich dems really thought they should pay more taxes (vs publicly mouthing that crap in order to advance dem election success)
    they would be sending more in. there is a deficit-the uber wealthy dems could help pay that down
    Actually, he is right on target. I hate debating taxes with you because this is the one area that you are completely unable to see logic and reason. For example, here you are making a straw man argument. No one said that rich dems WANT to pay more taxes. People said that some who are wealthy, many who are dems, are OK with paying a higher amount of taxes for services. You are arguing against a position that does not exist.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #476
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    My point about the Reagan quote was to demonstrate why it is important to show comparisons. Reagan ran both in 1980 and 1984 on comparisons, the first to the Carter years, the second to his own adminstrations. Comparisons are valid. That was my only point.

    And where are those links/data for the Bush employment numbers?
    Right and Obama is runing against his record, not Bush's

  7. #477
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    That happened on another thread too and when he was losing the debate, he began crying about how I was off-topic -- even though he took the forum off topic.
    Then you won't have any problem proving where I took this off topic? A response to your BDS is a response generated by one of your posts.

  8. #478
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    more nonsense

    if rich dems really thought they should pay more taxes (vs publicly mouthing that crap in order to advance dem election success)
    they would be sending more in. there is a deficit-the uber wealthy dems could help pay that down
    no they wouldn't. i've already explained why.

  9. #479
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your kidding, right? His record is about his candidacy as that is what he has to defend.
    You took it to the level of an economics debate, rather than a candidacy debate.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #480
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, he is right on target. I hate debating taxes with you because this is the one area that you are completely unable to see logic and reason. For example, here you are making a straw man argument. No one said that rich dems WANT to pay more taxes. People said that some who are wealthy, many who are dems, are OK with paying a higher amount of taxes for services. You are arguing against a position that does not exist.
    if a rich dem says the rich should pay more taxes you now deny that is different than saying they want to pay more? they want the rich to pay more, they are rich ergo they want to pay more



Page 48 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •