Page 46 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 1115

Thread: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

  1. #451
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    Of course they want to change the subject, would you want to discuss the truth about this disaster of a president if you voted for him?

    Besides, who here is even advocating another Bush like presidency? Not I. I'd like to see a true fiscal conservative not a big spender.
    For me, it's more about hypocrisy. On this thread, people on the right blame Congress for the economy during the Bush years, and Obama for the economy during the Obama years. That is pure hypocrisy and partisan hackery. I'm still waiting for someone on the right to give me a straight answer on this issue, but everyone has avoided it... not surprisingly.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post

    Ah, so you are saying that both have responsibility. I think I already asked you and you responded by saying that the President is the head of his party, but I'll ask again... are you saying that both Congress and the President have fairly equal responsibility in the economy?
    You need to expand your granularity because I have seen where some will blame Democrats if the Senate is Democrat even if the House is Republican. Again, the end result is the same -- if it's bad, it's because of Democrats; it's good, it's because of Republicans.

  3. #453
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Yank View Post
    Of course they want to change the subject, would you want to discuss the truth about this disaster of a president if you voted for him?

    Besides, who here is even advocating another Bush like presidency? Not I. I'd like to see a true fiscal conservative not a big spender.
    Actually Conservative is the one who first took the thread off topic.

  4. #454
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Obama candidacy will be about economics so unless Obama is running against Bush any comparison isn't relevant. Obama will have to explain his record, not Bush's. Bush had a net job gain with two recessions, right now Obama is down over two million jobs and wants to be re-elected. When does the statute of limitations run out on blaming Bush or comparing Obama to Bush. Obama was hired to "clean up the mess" and the numbers to date don't provide a lot of support for another four years. He has a long way to go in the next 1 1/2 years to warrant re-election.
    Well, remember what Reagan said. Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago? Comparisons are completely valid. And... you just brought up the Bush job gain... yet you STILL haven't provided the link/data to this information. Please do so.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #455
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Actually Conservative is the one who first took the thread off topic.
    Of course he is. If you'd like I can quote the post.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #456
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Actually Conservative is the one who first took the thread off topic.
    What selective reading comprehension you have as I believe the culprit is Sheik who has BDS

  7. #457
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    You need to expand your granularity because I have seen where some will blame Democrats if the Senate is Democrat even if the House is Republican. Again, the end result is the same -- if it's bad, it's because of Democrats; it's good, it's because of Republicans.
    I know... I'm just laying the groundwork to demonstrate the hypocrisy of some folks here. Not suprisingly, most are no longer biting. I think they know their hypocrisy has been exposed and they don't want to make it worse by discussing it further.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #458
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Well, remember what Reagan said. Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago? Comparisons are completely valid. And... you just brought up the Bush job gain... yet you STILL haven't provided the link/data to this information. Please do so.
    15 million Americans will disagree with you and that is more unemployed than when Obama took office. Wonder if they care about the number that Bush had unemployed since it was less than Obama?

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    you are in error-you missed the point. no one wants to pay more taxes-some accept that as a necessary evil to get more wealth

    for rich dems its better to pay 100K in more taxes if you get 300k more in income by being in power.
    Then we have Conservatives like Joe the Plumber (whose name wasn't Joe and whose occupation wasn't plumbing, but anyhoo) who pretend like their taxes are going up because he feared taxes on individuals earning $200K+ would see their taxes increase, only the reality is they don't earn much at all and don't pay the taxes they owe.

  10. #460
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yet they don't


    your attempts to avoid the point are rather amusing

    those who "support" higher taxes do so to gain in other areas. why have so many members of the Obama administration been accused of not paying taxes when their lord campaigned on sticking it to the rich?
    I haven't avoided the point, I've explained the flaws in your arguments.

    Your main argument is: If they wanted to pay more money, they would donate to the IRS.

    This is a faulty argument because: 1. It's less about giving extra money and more about taking more of the burden off of the lower classes. 2. As CC pointed out, it's less about wanting to give and more about not having a problem with giving more.

    This is not avoidance at all. This is directly addressing your argument.

Page 46 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •