Page 18 of 112 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 1115

Thread: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Not with a debt more than GDP
    This again just highlights your hypocrisy. You supported Bush, where debt as a percentage of GDP rose from about 56% to about 85%, an increase of about 52%; under Obama, it's gone up from about 85% to 93% an increase of about 9%. And let's not forget the Great Recession Bush gave Obama.




    So can Obama count on your vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I don't support any policy that has more people working for the govt. than working in the manufacturing private sector. The massive growth in the govt. is unsustainable and not worthy of my vote.
    Uh-oh!!

    Wait for it ...

    Wait for it ..........

    When you voted for Bush in 2004 ... There were more government jobs than manufacturing jobs ...


    Oct 2004:
    BLS.gov: Government: 21,656,000
    BLS.gov: Manufacturing: 14,334,000

    I heard Limbaugh talking about this earlier. Too bad for you, you mindlessly parrot rightwing talking points without researching them first.

  2. #172
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The entire election is about economic policy, If you believe it is the role of the govt. to redistribute wealth and to expand the nanny state then by all means be prepared to pay for it by voting for Obama but ask yourself can this country afford another 4 years? This country wasn't built on those principles of Obama's or whathis resume showed. He is delivering on promises to redistribute wealth and work on creating a European socialist model in this country. We all know how well that has worked overseas
    Considering that a lot of Democrats are pissed about some of his conservativism, I think you need to rethink that statement.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    This again just highlights your hypocrisy. You supported Bush, where debt as a percentage of GDP rose from about 56% to about 85%, an increase of about 52%; under Obama, it's gone up from about 85% to 93% an increase of about 9%. And let's not forget the Great Recession Bush gave Obama.




    So can Obama count on your vote?


    Uh-oh!!

    Wait for it ...

    Wait for it ..........

    When you voted for Bush in 2004 ... There were more government jobs than manufacturing jobs ...


    Oct 2004:
    BLS.gov: Government: 21,656,000
    BLS.gov: Manufacturing: 14,334,000

    I heard Limbaugh talking about this earlier. Too bad for you, you mindlessly parrot rightwing talking points without researching them first.
    I am still waiting for you to give me a reason to vote for Obama for all you have done if this is your argument is to provide a reason that you won't be voting for Obama whose record is worse than Bush's. Comparing Obama's results today to 2009-2010 which are disasters doesn't boost your case.

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    These are the things that really get me when some members of the Republican Party assume that everyone should automatically vote for a Republican candidate in 2012 because of Obama's "excessive" spending. That argument would make sense if the Republican Party had a recent history of actually cutting spending and limiting government. However, it does not. In fact, it has the exact opposite. The argument about how a Republican president will reign in spending and limit government has long gone out the window - both parties spend out of their asses.
    Thus, for me, it's about what has been done in the wake of the economic collapse to bring the economy back around. IMHO, Pres. Obama has made some end-roads towards improving the economy. Of course, there are those who based their decision moreso on "promises kept" over "progress made". Using that logic, most former Presidents should have been re-elected to a second term. But if people really want to play that "Promises Kept/Promises Broken" game, I encourage you to review the ObamaMeter at PolitiFact.org and then read this article from CBSNews dated Sept 2, 2007 and then make a real, honest assessment of which of the last two Presidents has kept his word more.

    Bottom Line: the economy, personal character and leadership will be the driving forces for the 2012 Presidential election
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-04-11 at 06:04 PM.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Considering that a lot of Democrats are pissed about some of his conservativism, I think you need to rethink that statement.
    How about responding to my statement, is that your vision for this country, the nanny state and the redistribution of wealth along with creating a socialist utopia?

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    If it is by the election, can Obama count on your vote?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Not with a debt more than GDP, I don't support any policy that has more people working for the govt. than working in the manufacturing private sector. The massive growth in the govt. is unsustainable and not worthy of my vote.
    Here's more on your, 'more government than manufacturing', rightwing talking point.

    BLS.gov: Government jobs:
    Jan 2001: 20,835,000
    Jan 2009: 22,582,000
    Mar 2011: 22,166,000


    BLS.gov: Manufacturing jobs:
    Jan 2001: 17,114,000
    Jan 2009: 12,559,000
    Mar 2011: 11,667,000

    Under Bush, government jobs increased 8%; under Obama, government jobs decreased 2%.

    Under Bush, manufacturing jobs decreased 27%; under Obama, manufacturing jobs decreased 7%.

    So can Obama count on your vote now??

  7. #177
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Thus, for me, it's about what has been done in the wake of the economic collapse to bring the economy back around. IMHO, Pres. Obama has made some end-roads towards improving the economy. Of course, there are those who based their decision moreso on "promises kept" over "progress made". Using that logic, most former Presidents should have been re-elected to a second term. But if people really want to play that "Promises Kept/Promises Broken" game, I encourage you to review the ObamaMeter at PolitiFact.org and then read this article from CBSNews dated Sept 2, 2007 and then make a real, honest assessment of which of the last two Presidents has kept his word more.
    You are kidding, right, what is honest about the following "In the Works" as they all can be added to the promises broken. Further the important promises all have been broken including job creation and economic growth along with debt reduction.

    In Works
    No. 165: Train and equip the Afghan army
    "Barack Obama will strengthen the training and equipping of the Afghan army and police and increase Afghan participation in U.S. and NATO missions, so that there is more of an Afghan face on security." In works

    No. 175: End the use of torture
    "From both a moral standpoint and a practical standpoint, torture is wrong. Barack Obama will end the use torture without exception. He also will eliminate the practice of extreme rendition, where we outsource our torture to other countries." In works

    No. 286: Secure the borders
    Will support "additional personnel, infrastructure and technology on the border and at our ports of entry".

    No. 288: Provide a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants
    Will support "a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens." Stalled

    No. 382: Secure nuclear weapons materials in four years
    "Will lead a global effort to secure all nuclear weapons materials at vulnerable sites within four years - the most effective way to prevent terrorists from acquiring a nuclear bomb. Barack Obama will fully implement the Lugar-Obama legislation to help our allies detect and stop the smuggling of weapons of mass destruction."

    No. 395: Strengthen antitrust enforcement
    "Will reinvigorate antitrust enforcement, which is how we ensure that capitalism works for consumers."

    No. 439: Create 5 million "green" jobs
    Will "create 5 million 'green' jobs; will invest $150 billion over ten years to deploy clean technologies, protect our existing manufacturing base and create millions of new jobs."

    No. 441: Reduce oil consumption by 35 percent by 2030
    Will "reduce oil consumption overall by at least 35 percent, or 10 million barrels of oil, by 2030."

    No. 520: If you don't have insurance, or don't like the insurance you have, you'll be able to choose a new plan on a health insurance exchange
    "If you don't have insurance, or don't like your insurance, you'll be able to choose from the same type of quality private plans as every federal employee - from a postal worker here in Colorado to a congressman in Washington. All of these plans will cover essential medical services including prevention, maternity, disease management and mental health care. No one will be turned away because of a pre-existing condition or illness."

    No. 522: Bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda
    Obama and Joe Biden will "turn the page on the ugly partisanship in Washington, so we can bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda that works for the American people

  8. #178
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Here's more on your, 'more government than manufacturing', rightwing talking point.

    BLS.gov: Government jobs:
    Jan 2001: 20,835,000
    Jan 2009: 22,582,000
    Mar 2011: 22,166,000


    BLS.gov: Manufacturing jobs:
    Jan 2001: 17,114,000
    Jan 2009: 12,559,000
    Mar 2011: 11,667,000

    Under Bush, government jobs increased 8%; under Obama, government jobs decreased 2%.

    Under Bush, manufacturing jobs decreased 27%; under Obama, manufacturing jobs decreased 7%.

    So can Obama count on your vote now??
    Nope, I don't believe in the Obama economic policy and growth of the nanny state. I don't believe it is the role of the govt. to provide personal responsibility issues to the people and pay for it by charging someone else. This country wasn't built upon the principles of Obama but it is obvious that you need the nanny state

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I am sure the u-6 unemployed are extremely happy to know that Obama saved all those jobs but wonder why it wasn't theirs they saved instead of govt. jobs?
    What are you talking about? Government jobs are down 2% under Obama.

    BLS.gov: Government Jobs.


    You would be more rational if you would just be more honest ... that is, despite your whining about government jobs growing, the fact is, you voted for the man who saw government jobs increase on his watch and you're refusing to vote for the man who saw government jobs decrease on his.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    What are you talking about? Government jobs are down 2% under Obama.

    BLS.gov: Government Jobs.


    You would be more rational if you would just be more honest ... that is, despite your whining about government jobs growing, the fact is, you voted for the man who saw government jobs increase on his watch and you're refusing to vote for the man who saw government jobs decrease on his.
    Stephen Moore: We've Become a Nation of Takers, Not Makers - WSJ.com

Page 18 of 112 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •