Page 17 of 112 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 1115

Thread: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

  1. #161
    Advisor ADG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Purple Mountains Majesty
    Last Seen
    07-02-11 @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    399

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    He's succeeded in many ways, and he has disappointed in many ways, but like Rahm Emmanuel said, "F--- em, [democrats] where else are they going to go". So, yes, I'll be voting for Obama.
    "Action expresses priorities."
    ~Mohandas Gandhi

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    obama, 2012---f em, where else they gonna go?

    elections in this country are won and lost on ENTHUSIASM

    seeya at the polls, progressives

    bring his RECORD

  3. #163
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you enjoy seeing gasoline at $4 a gallon? Didn't you claim that Bush was responsible for the high cost of gasoline and that his buddies were getting rich off the high prices then? If so then why not now? Do you enjoy seeing less people employed today than before he passed and signed his stimulus plan? Do you enjoy seeing all those waivers for Obamacare that is supposed to be great for the country? Do you enjoy seeing 15 million unemployed Americans even after spending all that stimulus money? Yes, the Obama results speak for themselves as does his economic policies of promoting the nanny state.
    The high price of gas is caused by rampant speculation on the commodities market on Wall Street. Bush's buddies were getting rich then as they are getting rich now.

  4. #164
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBook View Post
    Two points:

    1. Having family/friends in the military doesn't make your opinion suddenly more valid. One of the main reasons I didn't support Bush was because he risked the lives of my loved ones for seemingly no reason.

    2. Libya and Iraq are vastly different in terms of scale and level of involvement.



    Are you trying to make the argument that Bush was for smaller government? The guy who created a massive deficit, started 2 wars and implemented the Patriot Act, arguably one the greatest breaches of privacy in the history of the U.S.? Bush may have been socially conservative on some issues, but on most others (with the exception of his laissez-faire stance on business and tax cuts) he was everything bad about the Liberal position (essentially a Tax and Spend Liberal without the Tax part.)
    Don't forget Bush II also ushered in the Department of Homeland Security, THE largest federal agency every created as far as its reciept of federal dollars. How's that for "expanding government". Of course, it was done for the sake of "national security". So, it's okay. Nevermind that this agency spends BILLIONS every year on god knows what.

    (Speaking to Republicans here) Sarcasm aside, I'm all for protecting our national security interest at home and abroad, but don't give me this decree for "limited government" when your party created the largest and most expensive government agency this country has ever seen! And most of its spending goes unreported because it's "classified". My point is if you're going to make the claim to reduce the size of government and rein in government spending, DON'T be hypocritical about it. Republicans "expand" government (not to mention its reach, visa-vi, via the judiciary) just as Democrats do. Your side just tries to do it "covertly" so that the People don't know what you're really up to.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 04-04-11 at 05:27 PM.

  5. #165
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The high price of gas is caused by rampant speculation on the commodities market on Wall Street. Bush's buddies were getting rich then as they are getting rich now.
    Obama said he would solve that problem so apparently now they are Obama's buddies getting rich. Congratulations on buying the Obama rhetoric along with these wonderful results.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    By the way are Obama's buddies getting rich off the $4 a gallon gasoline?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    Are they? I'm not aware of his buddies in the oil industry. Can you elaborate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Do you enjoy seeing gasoline at $4 a gallon? Didn't you claim that Bush was responsible for the high cost of gasoline and that his buddies were getting rich off the high prices then?
    Non-sequitur. You asked if Obama's buddies are getting rich off of today's high gasoline prices? Unlike Bush and Cheney, who come from oil and energy backgrounds, I'm not aware of Obama's "buddies" being in the oil industry. Can you name them? Are there any?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    If so then why not now?
    In case you're interested, here's the reason for the current prices...
    Here are the stats:
    • OPEC production fell 411,000 barrels per day to 29,343 million bpd.
    • Libya's production fell 343,000 barrels per day, from 1,396,000 bpd.
    • Nigeria fell 107,000 barrels per day due to Royal Dutch (RDS) Oil maintenance.
    To make up for the shortfall, Saudi Arabia increased production by 500,000 barrels per day to 9.05 million bpd. Kuwait upped production by 37,000 barrels per day. Arab Emirates increased their production by 90,000 barrels per day.

    Here's the real kicker. OPEC's seaborne exports are expected to fall by 530,000 barrels per day in the next four weeks.

    Brent Crude Oil Explodes to $120 Per Barrel - BloggingStocks
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Do you enjoy seeing less people employed today than before he passed and signed his stimulus plan?
    Of course not. Unlike you, I am not happy that unemployment exploded. However, I am happy that Obama added or saved 3.5 million jobs (the number you posted), otherwise the U3 unemployment rate would be more like what it was under Reagan at nearly 11%. I can only imagine your howls then.

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Don't forget Bush II also ushered in the Department of Homeland Security, THE largest federal agency every created as far as its reciept of federal dollars. How's that for "expanding government". Of course, it was done for the sake of "national security". So, it's okay. Nevermind that this agency spends BILLIONS every year on god knows what.

    (Speaking to Republicans here) Sarcasm aside, I'm all for protecting our national security interest at home and abroad, but don't give me this decree for "limited government" when your party created the largest and most expensive government agency this country has ever seen! And most of its spending goes unreported because it's "classified". My point is if you're going to make the claim to reduce the size of government and rein in government spending, DON'T be hypocritical about it. Republicans "expand" government (not to mention its reach, visa-vi, via the judiciary) just as Democrats do. Your side just tries to do it "covertly" so that the People don't know what you're really up to.
    These are the things that really get me when some members of the Republican Party assume that everyone should automatically vote for a Republican candidate in 2012 because of Obama's "excessive" spending. That argument would make sense if the Republican Party had a recent history of actually cutting spending and limiting government. However, it does not. In fact, it has the exact opposite. The argument about how a Republican president will reign in spending and limit government has long gone out the window - both parties spend out of their asses.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Non-sequitur. You asked if Obama's buddies are getting rich off of today's high gasoline prices? Unlike Bush and Cheney, who come from oil and energy backgrounds, I'm not aware of Obama's "buddies" being in the oil industry. Can you name them? Are there any?


    In case you're interested, here's the reason for the current prices...
    Here are the stats:
    • OPEC production fell 411,000 barrels per day to 29,343 million bpd.
    • Libya's production fell 343,000 barrels per day, from 1,396,000 bpd.
    • Nigeria fell 107,000 barrels per day due to Royal Dutch (RDS) Oil maintenance.
    To make up for the shortfall, Saudi Arabia increased production by 500,000 barrels per day to 9.05 million bpd. Kuwait upped production by 37,000 barrels per day. Arab Emirates increased their production by 90,000 barrels per day.

    Here's the real kicker. OPEC's seaborne exports are expected to fall by 530,000 barrels per day in the next four weeks.

    Brent Crude Oil Explodes to $120 Per Barrel - BloggingStocks
    Of course not. Unlike you, I am not happy that unemployment exploded. However, I am happy that Obama added or saved 3.5 million jobs (the number you posted), otherwise the U3 unemployment rate would be more like what it was under Reagan at nearly 11%. I can only imagine your howls then.
    Spent 35 years in the oil business and know that neither Bush or Obama got rich off the price of oil but that didn't stop liberals from making the claim during the Bush term thus I will make that same claim now, just another promise of Obama broken.

    I am sure the u-6 unemployed are extremely happy to know that Obama saved all those jobs but wonder why it wasn't theirs they saved instead of govt. jobs?

  9. #169
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    These are the things that really get me when some members of the Republican Party assume that everyone should automatically vote for a Republican candidate in 2012 because of Obama's "excessive" spending. That argument would make sense if the Republican Party had a recent history of actually cutting spending and limiting government. However, it does not. In fact, it has the exact opposite. The argument about how a Republican president will reign in spending and limit government has long gone out the window - both parties spend out of their asses.
    The entire election is about economic policy, If you believe it is the role of the govt. to redistribute wealth and to expand the nanny state then by all means be prepared to pay for it by voting for Obama but ask yourself can this country afford another 4 years? This country wasn't built on those principles of Obama's or whathis resume showed. He is delivering on promises to redistribute wealth and work on creating a European socialist model in this country. We all know how well that has worked overseas

  10. #170
    Advisor ADG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Purple Mountains Majesty
    Last Seen
    07-02-11 @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    399

    Re: Obama announces his Candidacy for 2012.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    obama, 2012---f em, where else they gonna go?

    elections in this country are won and lost on ENTHUSIASM

    seeya at the polls, progressives

    bring his RECORD
    Liberals, progressives, democrats...we will bring his record and we will vote for him. For no matter how disappointed we are with Obama, the liberal base will never vote for a conservative just like the conservative base will never vote for a liberal. The 2012 race will be decided, again, by the independents and the swayable members of the two big parties. For this reason, I believe Obama has a very good chance of winning again. I believe he will sway left minded progressives and independents to his side, which is key for him. But the other key is to make sure that the disenchanted liberals out there turn up to vote! The folks that feel the stimulus was too small, and that Obama gave away too much to the right, and that he compromised too much in general, will need to find the passion in him that they had in 2008.

    I think it can happen, as I am not one to count Obama out.
    "Action expresses priorities."
    ~Mohandas Gandhi

Page 17 of 112 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •