Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Results 821 to 828 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #821
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by bus View Post
    No one here is saying what the people did in Afghanistan was right. The fact stands it was wrong in about a million ways. What people are saying is that Pastor Jones caused it. I don’t get how that is not clear. You propagate the values of free speech yet swim in hypocrisy when you endanger others by the words you shout.
    Okay, Bus, I'll mark you down as anti Free Speech then.

    Next?

  2. #822
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, we're even then.
    So you can use quotes then!

    Why not use them before making your goofy accusations?

  3. #823
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,505

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So you can use quotes then!

    Why not use them before making your goofy accusations?
    Does that mean you disagree with the quote?

    I thought you were arguing on the premise that Islam was a force for evil in the world. If that's wrong, then I was wrong. I got you mixed up with another member.

    But you never did answer my question, so I'm not sure at this point just what your argument is.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #824
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    09-11-13 @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    67

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Grant it seems as if you still are unable to gap the breach between free speech and limitations of speech. Thats okay though.
    Last edited by bus; 04-11-11 at 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #825
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by bus View Post
    Grant it seems as if you still are unable to gap the breach between free speech and limitations of speech. Thats okay though.
    Perhaps you can describe those limitations as it relates criticism of religion.

  6. #826
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Seen
    09-11-13 @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    67

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    I’m not a huge fan of repeating things; it makes me think you don’t really care what I type. I have posted litigation and Supreme Court cases in reference to free speech vs. limitations of speech. We have operational human assets in Afghanistan that burdened the wrath of some ignorant radical Islamic animals. It was a known fact that his action would tear at both COIN efforts and Western relations by doing what he did.

    Regardless of worldwide warnings he proceeded and provoked the attacks, which is a limitation of speech. It’s yet to be seen if he will be prosecuted or not. Personally I hope that something horrible happens to his family and church congregation, but that’s me being selfish.

    No I do not “support” the retards that committed murder. No I do not oppose free speech. I simply want people to understand that there are very real tangible consequences to ignorance and the debacle of the perception of the 1st amendment here in the United States.

  7. #827
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by bus View Post
    I’m not a huge fan of repeating things; it makes me think you don’t really care what I type. I have posted litigation and Supreme Court cases in reference to free speech vs. limitations of speech.
    Did you quote anything that said it was illegal to be critical of a religion? We are all aware that their are limits on free speech, and that would include libel. But nowhere, except in Muslim dominated countries, is blasphemy illegal.
    We have operational human assets in Afghanistan that burdened the wrath of some ignorant radical Islamic animals. It was a known fact that his action would tear at both COIN efforts and Western relations by doing what he did.
    Was that poor judgment on his part then, or was it against the law? If it wasn't against the law why are you quoting what the Supreme Court has say? And if he exercised poor judgment then so be it. But he has every right to exercise poor judgment and we all do it on a fairly consistent basis.

    Regardless of worldwide warnings he proceeded and provoked the attacks, which is a limitation of speech. It’s yet to be seen if he will be prosecuted or not. Personally I hope that something horrible happens to his family and church congregation, but that’s me being selfish.
    The man need not concern himself with "world wide warnings", only what is legal and illegal. In fact these "world wide warnings", with all their attached publicity, probably did more harm than good, wouldn't you agree? They became more like a self-fulfilling prophecy..It would have been wiser to ignore him.
    No I do not “support” the retards that committed murder. No I do not oppose free speech.
    You apparently do oppose free speech. And not only do you not support free speech you suggest that an American cannot protest unless the international community approves. I say screw them and let the pastor have his say.

    I simply want people to understand that there are very real tangible consequences to ignorance and the debacle of the perception of the 1st amendment here in the United States.
    The ignorant ones are those who committed the crime and those who would deny anyone the right to his or her free speech. Sometimes it gets difficult, as it is with those protesters at funerals, but we have to realize that freedom often comes with a price. And unless we occasionally pay that price our freedoms will be gradually whittled away. That holds even greater consequences.

  8. #828
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,976

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Try not to condescend with those whose opinions differ from your own, MSgt.
    Well, it becomes easy when people's opinions have no wisdom behind it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Sure they do. That's why people are participating on these debates, here and elsewhere.
    Oh BS. I'm sure most everyone who has an opinion has never read a book on any of these matters. Never even been to these countries or this region. But they have opinions don't they? And they are supposed to matter? Get my condescension?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, no and no, It may have begun in one region but it is no longer restricted to that region. You're talking 15 years ago.
    It is still about this regoin. It's where Islamic radicalsim and extrenmism is nurtured. It's where the mass of this Muslim civilization is oppressed. And it is within this region where God's land is the source of all resentmnet, jealousy, and rage. Don't allow the isolated events in Spain, London, New York, and Bali distract you from the regional (MENA) source of inspiration. You may as well focus on the blood stain on your hand and ignore the gash in your neck the blood is coming from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    That is what is being said while you're claim "The proper question is "Why is the Middle East such a basket case?", The source of the problem was and largely is the Middle East, but it is Islam that is a basket case, and we can all see that if we first remove our rose-colored glasses.The problem is Islam and there is little we can do about it but defend ourselves and our liberties. Compromise is not a serious option, and we only need look to Europe for verification of that.
    Europe's current problems stem from the fact Europe is full of Europeans. Spending thousands years ethnicaly cleansing your region from one period to the next hardly sets you up to accept immigrants. Europe didn't have a Muslim problem until recently. The Middle East has always had a Muslim problem and it is because of the way Islam is preserved in concrete there. Muslims in America are not a problem.

    If you wish to blame Islam, then fine. I can talk it better than you. But it is Islam in the heartland of the Arab Sunni world that is the problem. If you want to fine tune this it is the Sunni Tribe, specifically, that is the problem. Muslim Kurds are not a problem. Even the Shia didn't care about Israel until the Sunni dragged them into the Lebanese Civil War and made them fight. It all goes back to a single bitter, jealous, and hypocritical tribe. Blaming Islam just refrains from identifying the culprits. Were the Sunni tribe to dissapear, Islam would be no problem.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •