Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #701
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    again, unless you feel they had no other response to burning a Quran, they chose to murder people of their own volition, and many other muslims did not
    Of course they had other options. The response that we saw was exactly what was expected, however.



    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    from the article: ""We wanted to raise awareness of this dangerous religion and dangerous element," Jones said. "I think [today's attack] proves that there is a radical element of Islam."

    that doesn't establish what you claim. If I'm protesting the klan because I think they are a violent organization that doesn't amount to me having a plan for the klan to murder random people as a response to that protest
    No, but if you perform some publicity stunt, knowing full well that the Klan will respond with violence, and then they do so, you are partly to blame for that violence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    If you're claiming that he had a certain intent, then it's incumbent on you to offer evidence of such.
    Already offered and ignored. You can't counter irrationality with Empirical evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    So again, we are stuck with your pointless outrage directed at people who committed no crime, while ignoring people who murder random people
    No, the outrage is well directed.





    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    you are. You're excusing their behavior by holding someone else to blame for it

    Really? Can you show me a post I wrote in which I said that the actions of the jihadis were OK?






    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    1) why would I care what O'reilly's opinion on the matter was?

    2) you're making an appeal to authority, and his argument has the same issues as your own

    3) you ignored my point about abortions and the violence associated with them. Are people performing abortions to blame for violence leveled against them, and others, since people have responded with violence in the past?
    1. Because he said it well.
    2. He has no more authority than I do.
    3. Your abortion argument is irrelevant.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #702
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Ditto...

    I take it that you believe Abortion Doctors are not that much different than Abortion Clinic Bombers since the Abortion Doctors know their action may enrage and cause individuals to bomb their buildings but they go forward with it anyways...right?

  3. #703
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Already offered and ignored. You can't counter irrationality with Empirical evidence.
    Where? If you're talking about this quote stating """We wanted to raise awareness of this dangerous religion and dangerous element," Jones said. "I think [today's attack] proves that there is a radical element of Islam." , then it has already been explained to you that it shows absolutely no intent to incite violence












    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    1. Because he said it well.
    2. He has no more authority than I do.
    3. Your abortion argument is irrelevant.
    You are saying that people should be held liable for the actions of others, if such behavior is the possible reaction to a legal activity. If you truly believe this, then you must hold abortion doctors accountable for the violence leveled against them, and their practice, because abortions can lead to enraged people acting violently

  4. #704
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    Where? If you're talking about this quote stating """We wanted to raise awareness of this dangerous religion and dangerous element," Jones said. "I think [today's attack] proves that there is a radical element of Islam." , then it has already been explained to you that it shows absolutely no intent to incite violence.
    You are not really speaking from any position of authority to analyse what the pastor may or may not have incited. You assert your own opinion, nothing more.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  5. #705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    You are not really speaking from any position of authority to analyse what the pastor may or may not have incited. You assert your own opinion, nothing more.
    Any position of authority??

    His words are right there and anyone has the 'authority' to read and define.

    We are all asserting our opinions.

  6. #706
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Of course they had other options. The response that we saw was exactly what was expected, however.
    You obviously don't have very high expectations from Muslims.

    3. Your abortion argument is irrelevant.
    Actually, it was an excellent analogy.

  7. #707
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    You are not really speaking from any position of authority to analyse what the pastor may or may not have incited. You assert your own opinion, nothing more.
    What are you even talking about? Someone posted a small statement from him claiming that such was proof his intent was to cause these murders; I refuted this. If you have a problem with that refutation, then by all means, address it and tell us how such a statement is proof that the intent was to incite a riot in Afghanistan, that would lead to the murder of completely random people
    Last edited by ManofthPeephole; 04-06-11 at 03:15 PM.

  8. #708
    Student Marshabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    11-09-13 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    293

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    This is a rather amazing response from a very brave Ann Barnhardt to Wimpsey Grahams' statement and to Islam in general.





    The second half is jarring because she does actually burn a Koran and give her address and an invitation for Graham or anybody else to come get her.

    This is an extremely troubling situation. Seattle cartoonist, Mollie Norris, on the advice of the FBI, went into hiding last year after promoting an "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day." There was a fatwa issued against her and she has had to change her identity in order to stay alive.

  9. #709
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,632
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Bah, an idiot burns a quaran... perfectly legal and constitutionally-protected free speech... and people blame him when a bunch of murderous barbarians go on a rampage to kill innocent people. Tell me, when protestors around the world burn the American flag, does that mean that they are responsible if a bunch of murderous Americans break into UN headquarters and kill everyone in sight?

    Think, people, think.

  10. #710
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshabar View Post
    This is a rather amazing response from a very brave Ann Barnhardt to Wimpsey Grahams' statement and to Islam in general.





    This would be illegal in Western Europe, Canada and Australia. It really is up to the Americans, once again, to defend human rights, and Free Speech is the linchpin.

    The second half is jarring because she does actually burn a Koran and give her address and an invitation for Graham or anybody else to come get her.

    This is an extremely troubling situation. Seattle cartoonist, Mollie Norris, on the advice of the FBI, went into hiding last year after promoting an "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day." There was a fatwa issued against her and she has had to change her identity in order to stay alive.
    This act would be illegal in Australia, Western Europe or Canada so once again it is left to the Americans to step out in support of Free Speech, the linchpin which protects all other human rights and freedoms. Lose that and you can kiss the rest goodbye.

    Do we need fear for the life of this woman?

    If the answer is yes, then it would seem that despite all the platitudes we hear about the 'Religion of Peace', the truth lies elsewhere.

Page 71 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •