Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #621
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    No Kali, people are responsible for their own actions.
    He was warned by our gov. not to do it because it would lead to innocent deaths and did it anyways. Pastor has blood on his hands.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #622
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I looked it up. Pastors do become licenced, but not by the government... by their church. I believe that does not violate the First Amendment.
    How does that work out if its a non-denominational church or if they start their own church?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #623
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    How does that work out if its a non-denominational church or if they start their own church?
    Didn't see anything about a non-denominational church, but starting your own church is a big reason why pastors would get licensed.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #624
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    He was warned by our gov. not to do it because it would lead to innocent deaths and did it anyways. Pastor has blood on his hands.
    So if Christians in the US decided to murder some Muslims and Jews in the US because Muslims and Jews in the middle east burned some bibles then those Muslims and Hews who burned bibles would have blood on their hands?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #625
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Didn't see anything about a non-denominational church, but starting your own church is a big reason why pastors would get licensed.
    I imagine the the being licensed or ordained is only for someone wanting to be a minister in a certain religious denomination.They can still have their church and be a minister or pastor but they couldn't be part of or affiliated with any denomination without first being ordained or licensed by a particular denomination.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 04-05-11 at 01:04 AM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #626
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    He was warned by our gov. not to do it because it would lead to innocent deaths and did it anyways. Pastor has blood on his hands.
    No, it was crazed Muslims who killed those innocent people and not a Florida pastor.

    The Pastor killed no one.

  7. #627
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I imagine that only works for someone wanting to be a minister in a certain religious denomination not to start their own church.
    If you mean by "starting their own church", kinda starting their own sub-denomination, you would be correct. Starting their own church means opening their own church of an established denomination. Seems to be that religious denominations, at least some of them, offer licenses to people wanting to be ministers/pastors. Doesn't seem like this is something that is governmentally sanctioned at all.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #628
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    So if Christians in the US decided to murder some Muslims and Jews in the US because Muslims and Jews in the middle east burned some bibles then those Muslims and Hews who burned bibles would have blood on their hands?
    Yes. I do not see that happening since the brainwashing in this country is not as bad here though.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  9. #629
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it was crazed Muslims who killed those innocent people and not a Florida pastor.

    The Pastor killed no one.
    He was warned what would happen by our own gov and did it anyways because he does not care! He has blood on his hands and while he may have not directly killed someone? His actions damn sure did cause deaths and he will have to live with that. But he does not care. I hope he drops dead anytime now.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #630
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I looked it up.
    How dare You~!!!

Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •