Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #601
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wow I didn't realize America gets to decide which rights are universal. Neato!
    Yes it is... if you actually believe in the values of the constituion and declaration of independence to apply to everyone. I think our fundamental right's are the same fundamental right's for every human being.

  2. #602
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    Free-speech is a Universal right... no matter what someone says/does(legally) in America !everyone! in the world IS morally obligated to respect their free speech.
    Some people say having women be subservient is a right of all men. Would you say that I have a moral obligation to respect that?

    Because I wont.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #603
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wow I didn't realize America gets to decide which rights are universal. Neato!
    so we got someone who doesn't believe the right to free speech applies to everyone, only to some apparently!!! That's great...

  4. #604
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    so we got someone who doesn't believe the right to free speech applies to everyone, only to some apparently!!! That's great...
    Please link where I said that.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #605
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Some people say having women be subservient is a right of all men. Would you say that I have a moral obligation to respect that?

    Because I wont.
    At what point did i say that? I dont believe i said anything about all the fundamental rights people think exist... only the Ones in the constitution and the declaration of Independence... are you really going back on all the advancements of political and human theory and declair there aren't any fundamental rights?

  6. #606
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Please link where I said that.
    Originally Posted by celticwar17
    Free-speech is a Universal right... no matter what someone says/does(legally) in America !everyone! in the world IS morally obligated to respect their free speech.

    You-
    "Wow I didn't realize America gets to decide which rights are universal. Neato! "

    i was only talking about free-speech, and you commented on it

  7. #607
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    At what point did i say that? I dont believe i said anything about all the fundamental rights people think exist... only the Ones in the constitution and the declaration of Independence... are you really going back on all the advancements of political and human theory and declair there aren't any fundamental rights?
    You said the whole world has a MORAL OBLIGATION to respect the rights listed in the American constitution.

    However, you don't seem to think that Americans have a moral obligation to respect things other people might decide are rights.

    Is our list comprehensive and unimprovable? Because we keep changing it...
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #608
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    They JUST didnt die. They were BRUTALLY MURDERED!!! Why? Because some guy on the other side of the Earth burned their book. Religion SUCKS! And especially the muslim religion. They are murders and barbarians.
    Honestly, what they did doesn't sound any more outrageous of a response than your own proposed response to what they did. In other words, your solution is equally brutal and monstrous, which I suppose would make you a barbarian as well. But I suspect you are not actually serious.

  9. #609
    Advisor Badfish420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    MA, USA
    Last Seen
    07-18-11 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    411

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    makes sense, simple eye for an eye policy. they killed 12 people, so we evaporate 12 million. thats the American way.
    'I believe that, as long as there is plenty, poverty is evil.' - Bobby Kennedy

  10. #610
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You said the whole world has a MORAL OBLIGATION to respect the rights listed in the American constitution.

    However, you don't seem to think that Americans have a moral obligation to respect things other people might decide are rights.

    Is our list comprehensive and unimprovable? Because we keep changing it...
    What has changed?
    life, liberty, and property
    free speech is under Liberty
    You don't believe everyone on earth has a right to life, liberty, and property?

Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •