Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    KORAN BOOK BARBECUE and ALLAH CARTOON CONTEST tonight at 8:00 at my place.........

    .....everyone is invited.......even you libtards.....as long as you promise not to kill anyone in the name of Radical Islam--The Only Religon Ever Defended By The Left.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  2. #52
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    He is no man of god. He is as cold blooded as the murders in Afghanistan. He knew exactly what he was doing and what reaction there would be against it. He provoked the murders of Afghanistan and should stand trial for at least man-slaughter if not out right murder. Alternatively he should be extradited to Afghanistan or any Muslim nation who wants him and let them deal with his hatemongering.
    It appears to me that the media also knew exactly what they we doing as well, waiting for more red meat.

  3. #53
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    If jones wants retibution I will burn a bible for him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    He knew of the reaction he would get and still did it to get the reaction.

    That makes him as responsible morally imo

  4. #54
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Snorkum View Post
    No.

    He burned a book.

    That's it.

    He is not responsible for the insane reactions of devotees of an unsane religion 12,000 miles away.
    Yes he is. Just as if you get into a cage with a Lion and poke it with a stick and get eaten.

    First it makes you a real dumb-ass second it's not the lions fault because you knew it was a lion and Jones knew the result would be massive protests and he also knew that he was putting himself and other's lives at risk.

    He was told over and over again.

    He's a damn fool and will get his in the end. He is also a crook for taking the car for not burning the Koran knowing he would get to it later.

    I have no respect for this jerk.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If he knew in advance that burning a Koran would lead to murder, then yes, he is a murderer too. It's not much different than a Mafia Don saying that someone needs to be rubbed out, and then others go and do the killing for him. Technically, the Mafia Don is just as innocent as this hate mongering pastor.
    The Mafia don has clear authority and is ordering a crime, in the later the death is caused by the irrational actions of others.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    You say These Muslims are insane. If you know that why tweek them? Do you tweek insane people here in this country just to see if they go off? Like I said before, Terry Jones can get his ass on a plane and go to a Muslim country and do this sort of stuff. See how long his little games last there. If an American soldier dies because an "insane" Muslim was upset about this you know he will take no responsability. Just like he doesn't now. Ya know Charles Manson is in prison for the rest of his life. Why? because he talked other people in to killing people. He didn't kill anyone but he drugged people up and helped it happen. If you don't think Jones is responable for anything we might as well let Charlie out too.
    Someone could excuse the violence of the KKK and how civil rights activists were treated, by appealing to the same logic

    Also, there is a stark difference to ordering a murder, and having someone react irrationally to an exercise of free speech

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    If jones wants retibution I will burn a bible for him...
    and, oddly, i doubt he will call for your death

  8. #58
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Why do you keep expecting someone in Afghanistan to understand our notion of free speech? And again you ignore the point of Jones action by simply covering it with the free speech clause. There is more to this then his right to free speech. Nobody has asserted he didn't have a right. It is why he exercised it that is in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    Someone could excuse the violence of the KKK and how civil rights activists were treated, by appealing to the same logic

    Also, there is a stark difference to ordering a murder, and having someone react irrationally to an exercise of free speech

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    Why do you keep expecting someone in Afghanistan to understand our notion of free speech? And again you ignore the point of Jones action by simply covering it with the free speech clause. There is more to this then his right to free speech. Nobody has asserted he didn't have a right. It is why he exercised it that is in question.
    It's like you lack the ability to comprehend type-face: blaming the reaction on instigation, due to an act that harms no one, but deeply offends, can be used to excuse all manner of things, from attacking interracial couples, to some guy at a baseball game wearing the wrong hat. The argument is stupid on it's face.

    The aspect of free speech was raised to differentiate the act in question from the ordering of a murder. Which isn't constitutionally protected, because there is a clear and expected outcome to ordering a murder (your Charles Manson example)

  10. #60
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    Why do you keep expecting someone in Afghanistan to understand our notion of free speech?
    I don't expect them to, but, how would they feel if we started killing Muslims everytime someone in Afghanistan burned an American Flag? The moral of the story? They need to grow up and get with the program.


    And again you ignore the point of Jones action by simply covering it with the free speech clause. There is more to this then his right to free speech. Nobody has asserted he didn't have a right. It is why he exercised it that is in question.
    It almost sounds as if you're arguing that there should be something in place to keep Jones from doing this.

Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •