Page 55 of 83 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #541
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Türkiye
    Last Seen
    05-27-14 @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    You're attempting to distract from the issue
    Are we talking about the mentality or who is the best-looking ? btw, why are you avoiding answering me about my previous comment, instead of trying to diagnose my purpose ?

  2. #542
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by soguks View Post
    Are we talking about the mentality or who is the best-looking ? btw, why are you avoiding answering me about my previous comment, instead of trying to diagnose my purpose ?
    No, we are talking about the UN workers who were killed.

    But sorry if you feel so inadequate that you need to turn everything into a dick measuring contest

  3. #543
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Türkiye
    Last Seen
    05-27-14 @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    390

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    No, we are talking about the UN workers who were killed.
    then why the title is different from your discussion? even in this you are avoiding discussing ...



    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    But sorry if you feel so inadequate that you need to turn everything into a dick measuring contest
    very mature of you, bravo!

  4. #544
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Originally posted by Soguks

    the year 1998 the us military bombed two factories in Sudan after the terrorist attacks at two Us embassies in kenya and tanzania; but in those factories medicine and toys were being produced, unlike the claims by US that there were chemical weapons.

    the year 2001 terrorists attacked US and then US invaded Afghanistan,

    the year 2003 Us invaded Iraq by claiming there was nuks...the list continues....


    tell me who is mixing the apples and pears?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    You're attempting to distract from the issue
    That's a perfectly valid argument. You and others are arguing how the horrible actions of the mob in Marzar-e Sharif are exacerbated by the fact that they are meting out punishment on one set of people for the actions of another. Soguks suggests that the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and the bombings of Sudanese factories were carried out on one set of people for the actions of another. I think it's valid to point out that a certain set of double standards are being applied here. None of which detracts from the culpability of those carrying out the acts, nor is the barbarity of the acts mitigated in any way by having those double standards pointed out, so please don't think about making that claim.
    Last edited by Andalublue; 04-04-11 at 08:03 AM.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  5. #545
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    I don't agree but it could have been "Guy pretending to be man of god has head way up his own ass"
    Quote Originally Posted by soguks View Post
    i think the title must be the pastor who killed 8 people in Afghanistan...

  6. #546
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Like talking about the KKK and MLK?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    You're attempting to distract from the issue

  7. #547
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    That's a perfectly valid argument. You and others are arguing how the horrible actions of the mob in Marzar-e Sharif are exacerbated by the fact that they are meting out punishment on one set of people for the actions of another. Soguks suggests that the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and the bombings of Sudanese factories were carried out on one set of people for the actions of another. I think it's valid to point out that a certain set of double standards are being applied here. None of which detracts from the culpability of those carrying out the acts, nor is the barbarity of the acts mitigated in any way by having those double standards pointed out, so please don't think about making that claim.
    1) it's a Tu quoque argument

    2) being a Tu quoque it's meant to distract from the matter of question and shift the discussion to another party. Clearly it's an attempt to distract from the issue

    PS it should also be pointed out that regardless how you feel about the Afghan invasion (I think it was a complete mistake) that the Taliban, the controlling power in Afghanistan, were harboring the people who conducted 9/11. So it isn't really comparable
    Last edited by ManofthPeephole; 04-04-11 at 08:21 AM.

  8. #548
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    Like talking about the KKK and MLK?
    No, speaking about the KKK is applying the logic to other circumstances to see if it can be applied in a consistent manner

  9. #549
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    1) it's a Tu quoque argument

    2) being a Tu quoque it's meant to distract from the matter of question and shift the discussion to another party. Clearly it's an attempt to distract from the issue
    Not quite. It's not a tu quoque because he is not denigrating your argument by calling you a hypocrite, he is pointing out the hypocrisy of a third party, i.e. the western allies. I was also at pains to point out that the existence of these double standards does not detract from the culpability of those murdering mobsters.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #550
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    and completely unlike anything we are talking about..
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    No, speaking about the KKK is applying the logic to other circumstances to see if it can be applied in a consistent manner

Page 55 of 83 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •