Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #471
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    While the actions of the Afghans are inexcusable, Jones was an a**hole and served as the catalyst for what occurred.
    So their actions are inexcusable, but not quite.

    Do you think there have been terrorist acts in the past, committed by Muslims, which had nothing to do with that Florida preacher?

    What was the excuse for terrorism then, and who was to blame? Who was the 'catalyst' those times?

  2. #472
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    True. However if everytime someone burned an American flag, 12 people would be killed in a horrific manner, wouldn't you say your right to burn the flag was at least seriously compromised? In my opinion, the right to burn the flag in the future isn't much of a right at all because it's doubtful anyone would exercise it.
    No, I would not. I would say that I would have to make some choices about exercising my right... just like we all do everytime we do anything. You are posting on a message board... exercising your right to free speech. There are consequences for the things you say. You might get infracted. Someone might get mad at you and personally attack you. That does not change whether you have the right. It may change whether you choose to ACT on that right. The legality of the right has not changed, however.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #473
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    What is your end game? We all know the answers to these questions.
    Do you? Then what is the percentage of Muslims who are terrorists or sympathize with terrorism, because I certainly don't know.

  4. #474
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you? Then what is the percentage of Muslims who are terrorists or sympathize with terrorism, because I certainly don't know.
    We need a sneakily worded poll to lead us to some 'explosive' conclusions. Did you know that 20% of Americans in WWII were for the elimination of the Japanese race in it's entirety.

  5. #475
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Do you? Then what is the percentage of Muslims who are terrorists or sympathize with terrorism, because I certainly don't know.
    No I don't know the percentage - I know that some Muslims are terrorists. What's your point?

  6. #476
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    By the same logic, would those who say that Pastor Jones is blameless admit that liberals/media/hippies were not responsible for us losing in Vietnam? They were exercising their 1st Amendment rights, after all...
    Excellent point.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #477
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So their actions are inexcusable, but not quite.

    Do you think there have been terrorist acts in the past, committed by Muslims, which had nothing to do with that Florida preacher?

    What was the excuse for terrorism then, and who was to blame? Who was the 'catalyst' those times?
    Congratulations on not reading!

    Try again next time!

    Nowhere did I make an excuse for the past terrorist acts of others, all I said was that Jones served as a catalyst for what occurred.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  8. #478
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    True, if the Jihadis who perpetrated this atrocity believed in freedom of speech (or freedom of anything, probably), if they were rational people, then the Koran burning stunt wouldn't have set them off. But, they don't believe in freedom, they are nuts, and were known to be nuts before Reverend Bonkers decided to stage his silly stunt. That's the point. He deliberately set off a riot, and should be accountable for having done so. Why did he stage his absurd publicity stunt if not to set off a violent riot?
    Do you think we should cave when terrorists make threats?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #479
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    We need a sneakily worded poll to lead us to some 'explosive' conclusions. Did you know that 20% of Americans in WWII were for the elimination of the Japanese race in it's entirety.
    I wonder what percentage today would be for the elimination of all Muslims? Probably not much different.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #480
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No I don't know the percentage - I know that some Muslims are terrorists. What's your point?
    Because knowing that some Muslims are terrorists is the point.

    Yet, despite knowing that some Muslims are terrorists, on another thread you used the word "bigot" when the people of a small community wanted to know more about a mosque being built.

Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •