Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #411
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post

    This wasn't a panic situation. He didn't incite a riot.
    Actually, that's exactly what he did. Moreover, the riot was totally predictable.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #412
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    OK I will. What Jones did was wrong because he is condemning anyone who believes in Islam with his action. He is putting them all in the camp with the nuts. The other reason and I have said this already is that he hides behind the rights and protections provided him by others including Muslims to do this. And lastly because he was told by Patreaus that these actions for selfish reasons could get some of our folks killed and stir up trouble he is busy trying to put down. So he endangered our men and woman on the ground and now we see the general was right. So for those reasons Jones was wrong to do this. It was never that he didn't have the right as so many keep trying to claim I am saying. It's because regardless of the right he should have thought of the consiquences and so shares some of the blame. So again for the Millionth time it isn't his right that is in question. It is his arrogance and foolishness.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ok, tell me, what made what Jones did so wrong?

  3. #413
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I knew you were going to use that quote. Book burning by government authority figures is different than private citizens doing it as a form of protest.
    No, it is not. It enshrines the same instinct, to censor free expression.

    In a sense, burning things with the intent of being offensive, is the epitome of free speech in the US.
    Only amongst those who believe that limiting free speech is a legitimate aim of protest.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  4. #414
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    You have never seen a quote where I said he didn't have the right. You are delusional is all I can figure out. It's obviously not my view so why would I say it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    I did post what you stated. Infact, that's a link to the post where I quote you

  5. #415
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    This is what you keep posting


    I think that in the end if you don/t like Muslims your argument is Jones has the right. If you believe in freedom of religion your argument is why go around disrespect peoples religion? My view is I don't like islamists but I can differentiate between them and average practicing Muslims. Some just group them all together and make excuses for doing so.

    Now where in that do I say he doesn't have a right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    I did post what you stated. Infact, that's a link to the post where I quote you

  6. #416
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Serously I wonder what the reaction would be if everytime an abortion was commited, pro-lifers would go out and kill 12 women. Would liberals say, well, people shouldn't get abortions because they know it will piss people off.
    Yes, many liberals would say that by the time 12 killings per abortion were reached.
    Oh my, they have already started!

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Actually, that's exactly what he did. Moreover, the riot was totally predictable.
    then your standard of "inciting a riot" is speech that others strongly disagree with . And the idiocy of such doesn't need explaining ,

  8. #418
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    You are still blaming the pastor. If you insist on doing that, we will just have to agree to disagree.
    This whole thread has been about many placing the blame on him by saying things similar to "yea sure they killed people BUT the pastor caused them to do so.
    Of course I am, and I won't back down from that either. He acted very irresponsibly by doing something he knew would incite violence. How difficult is that for some of you to understand? It kinda goes back to "you can't yell 'FIRE' in a movie theater and not expect panic and chaos to ensue. Personally, I hate that analogy where free speech is concerned, but I think it fits better here than my initial SAW analogy.

    Fact is, had Pastor Jones not did what he did, the U.N. workers would most likely still be alive today. So, Unless you (or others) can provide evidence to the contrary, I'd have to say none of the U.N. workers lives were in danger - constant or otherwise - until Pastor Jones burned the Qu'ron. His actions put their lives in jeapordy, and there's no excuse for that. You may not like it, but it's fact.

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    You have never seen a quote where I said he didn't have the right. You are delusional is all I can figure out. It's obviously not my view so why would I say it?
    again ""I think that in the end if you don/t like Muslims your argument is Jones has the right.""

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059387796

  10. #420
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    I love the way you change the subject and then turn the issue upside down and try to make it sound like that is what I or anyone else is saying. Anything to cover for a moron of a preacher
    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    Yes, many liberals would say that by the time 12 killings per abortion were reached.
    Oh my, they have already started!

Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •