Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #391
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    The press is about ratings. They report whatever they think will stir interest. Don't look for moral judgments there.
    Sorry, you must be mistaking my curiosity for looking for something I am actually not.

    Karzai is also not part of the US press, he wouldn't be worried about making sales of US papers or media time.

  2. #392
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Why do you guys go to the extreme when discussing this in order to avoid condemning Jones? Nobody says what the Afghans did was right. That has nothing to do with being also able to say Jones was wrong. Jones was wrong for many reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Serously I wonder what the reaction would be if everytime an abortion was commited, pro-lifers would go out and kill 12 women. Would liberals say, well, people shouldn't get abortions because they know it will piss people off.

  3. #393
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    He is simply a nutjob from all I can tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Sorry, you must be mistaking my curiosity for looking for something I am actually not.

    Karzai is also not part of the US press, he wouldn't be worried about making sales of US papers or media time.

  4. #394
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,705

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    Who said the were equal. They were both bad.
    Attacking both in relatively equal ways diminishes the public severity of the most heinous crime and elevates the severity of the comparably minor act which did not predetermine the former.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 04-03-11 at 05:50 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #395
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    I don't know why this is confusing except that some want to make it that way. Very simply. The killings were wrong and the burning of the book is no excuse. OK? That said. Jones is also wrong. And those who instead of being willing to say so and point to his rights over and over are obviscating for some other reason in my view. It's not that hard to simply say Jones was wrong. It doesn't to be balanced against the over the top reaction. It can just be called wrong on it's own. It's that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    What are we talking about more? The murders or the Quran burning?

  6. #396
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    Point is you would find what I was doing towards your daughter wrong.
    yes, wrong. Not a rational reason to kill you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    That is exactly why I don't understand your refusal to simply condemn Jones as wrong without qualifying it every time.
    1)I keep disagreeing with your need to limit free speech and hold him accountable for the acts of others, not refusing to condemn him. These things are not the same

    2) I have already said that i disagree with his entire premise and that he's a nut

  7. #397
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    I don't know why or how MLK got drug into this. If I walk up to you and your kids at the store and start calling your daughter a little ***** or a ******. You will obviously just smile and say "well honey he has the right to call you whatever he wants" Ofcourse you will not react because you are satisfied that the right to do it trumps all else. I sort of doubt that.
    I'd tell you "we will pray for you". I'd then tell my daughter that you are a real jackass and therefore we will indeed pray for you.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    When did I say I disliked free speech? Again for the umteenth time have never said he didn't have the right.
    right here

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059387796

  9. #399
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Did you read what I said. They were not equal. So what? They were both wrong. They were both bad. They don't have to be equal. Jones shouldn't get off because the reaction was worse. He was told his antics could put our people in danger. Like shouting fire in a theater. But it's like some here are going out of their way to give that fruitloop a pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Attacking both in relatively equal ways diminishes the public severity of the most heinous crime and elevates the severity of the comparably minor act.

  10. #400
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    I don't know why this is confusing except that some want to make it that way. Very simply. The killings were wrong and the burning of the book is no excuse. OK? That said. Jones is also wrong. And those who instead of being willing to say so and point to his rights over and over are obviscating for some other reason in my view. It's not that hard to simply say Jones was wrong. It doesn't to be balanced against the over the top reaction. It can just be called wrong on it's own. It's that simple.
    many are not simply saying he is wrong, many, even yourself, have claimed he had no such right, and that he was partially responsible for the murder

Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •