Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 828

Thread: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Read up on common sense. That's what you're lacking here.

    If you can't understand what I just said, you have a problem. If Policy X works for Town A, but not Town B that doesn't discredit Policy X. It means that Town A and Town B are different.
    And if you can't understand that it's inconsistent just to apply such logic to certain circumstances, that you are unsympathetic to, then you have some serious intellectual deficiencies

  2. #352
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Now I hear the nutjob preacher wants to stir up more stuff. Somebody needs to kick his ass.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    He should be more than able to be blamed had the issue merely been peaceful protests. We could still argue over proportional distress, but this is an entirely different matter. Once violence and murder became involved, let alone individuals with absolutely no connection to Mr. Jones, this notion is intellectually and morally bankrupt.
    If Muslims started burning Bibles, I'd be the first to say I don't blame them. After all, the jerk of a pastor burned the koran. If Americans killed Muslims because some had burned bibles, I only hold the Americans accountable.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  4. #354
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Kind of misses the point yet again
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    If Muslims started burning Bibles, I'd be the first to say I don't blame them. After all, the jerk of a pastor burned the koran. If Americans killed Muslims because some had burned bibles, I only hold the Americans accountable.

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    I don't know why or how MLK got drug into this. If I walk up to you and your kids at the store and start calling your daughter a little ***** or a ******. You will obviously just smile and say "well honey he has the right to call you whatever he wants" Ofcourse you will not react because you are satisfied that the right to do it trumps all else. I sort of doubt that.


    people are free to react to the message of the pastor (never suggested they weren't), MLK, or people openly practicing Islam after 9/11. It's just killing random people in response to such is irrational, illegal, and wrong

  6. #356
    Student Mikeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 02:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    156

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Who has justified their response?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    people are free to react to the message of the pastor (never suggested they weren't), MLK, or people openly practicing Islam after 9/11. It's just killing random people in response to such is irrational, illegal, and wrong

  7. #357
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    If Muslims started burning Bibles, I'd be the first to say I don't blame them. After all, the jerk of a pastor burned the koran. If Americans killed Muslims because some had burned bibles, I only hold the Americans accountable.
    I agree with you here except the difference with your last statement is Pastor Jones was forewarned of the potential that American lives would be lost if he carried out his act. To that, he acted irresponsibly. Still, I understand your point of view as well as those who share same. Like you, I, too blame radical Muslims for this murdurous act, but it would not have happened if Pastor Jones had left things well enough alone as he was cautioned to do.

  8. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,006

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyy View Post
    Who has justified their response?
    You just suggested the only reaction possible was murdering people

  9. #359
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,672

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Again, I am NOT defending the radicals, but if people can't see how irresponsible Pastor Jones' actions were, well...I can't help you.
    They were not mere pawns or marionettes. They were not hapless defenders of their lives or their religion. Mr. Jones was a fool, but not the dangerous and bloody one, nor was he the one who told them to attack people and to murder them. Mr. Jones is the man that deserves a quick comment and then to be forgotten, while the men that so unjustifiably kill deserve the world's condemnation and be held as examples of men who violate God with unbelievable force.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 04-03-11 at 05:11 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #360
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Pastor who burned Koran demands retribution

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofthPeephole View Post
    And if you can't understand that it's inconsistent just to apply such logic to certain circumstances, that you are unsympathetic to, then you have some serious intellectual deficiencies
    Dude. You can't apply every argument to every situation - this is why we have states' rights, why education for regular kids differs from that for special needs kids, why we fight different in Iraq then we do in Germany. Every situation is different and should be handled accordingly. Calling me "intellectually deficient" doesn't change that fact and it certainly does not make your argument any stronger.

    I'll repeat my argument one more time: It is irresponsible to burn a Koran when you have been warned that such actions might provoke murderers to kill innocent people. And before you bring in any more bogus examples, let me make it clear that "perceived provocation" and "actual provocation" are different things - I am talking about the latter.

Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •