Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 155 of 155

Thread: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland Sec

  1. #151
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,339
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    I opposed the operations in Somalia because the political situation there is hopeless. It was a humanitarian mission to stop the killing and starvation of the Somali people by the likes of Mohamed Farrah Aidid. Nevertheless, Clinton decided to fight and turned tail and ran away after the Battle of the Black Sea.

    OBL understood exactly what that meant. Clinton was a "paper tiger".
    You didn't answer my question.

    What would you have done to "win".

    See I'm African.

    I understand the realities, and you're quite right the political situation was hopeless. You can't win politically in a country like that. It needs to sort itself out eventually.

    Clinton had a good crack at it, and sent the best soldiers the American military had to offer, as we all know the events of Black Hawk Down tell us why Clinton left Somalia.

    Bodybags.

    But also, the more you try and stop the killing in a country like Somalia. The more harm you end up doing. Do you think if they had captured or killed Aidid, everyone would have just put down there weapons... adopted American democracy and opened a McDonalds? The ****ing ignorance to think that it's your place to do these things is astounding.

    And another thing.

    If I could go 10 years into the past, back to 9/11, you know what I'd tell you to do?

    Take it.

    Honestly, take it. Because in 10 years you will have 100's of thousands of soldiers fighting wars that you can't afford, you will lose more soldiers in Iraq ALONE then died on 9/11, the world will definitely not like you as much and you'd be essentially ****ed.

  2. #152
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You didn't answer my question.

    What would you have done to "win".
    I did answer. There was nothing to "win" in Somalia. The situation was, and is today, completely hopeless. It was a mistake to think otherwise. Both GHWB and Clinton made the same mistake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    It needs to sort itself out eventually.
    It gets worse every day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Clinton had a good crack at it, and sent the best soldiers the American military had to offer, as we all know the events of Black Hawk Down tell us why Clinton left Somalia.

    Bodybags.
    That's right. Even after we won the Battle of the Black Sea Clinton turned tail and ran.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    But also, the more you try and stop the killing in a country like Somalia. The more harm you end up doing. Do you think if they had captured or killed Aidid, everyone would have just put down there weapons... adopted American democracy and opened a McDonalds? The ****ing ignorance to think that it's your place to do these things is astounding.
    Trying to help people is a noble reason to intervene. IMO the people of Somalia are not worth the effort.

    But if you decide to act, as Clinton did, and then run away it's going to send a message to our enemies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And another thing.

    If I could go 10 years into the past, back to 9/11, you know what I'd tell you to do?

    Take it.

    Honestly, take it. Because in 10 years you will have 100's of thousands of soldiers fighting wars that you can't afford, you will lose more soldiers in Iraq ALONE then died on 9/11, the world will definitely not like you as much and you'd be essentially ****ed.
    Take it huh? Just ignore jihadis running around the country killing innocent people?

    Keep your head in the sand Jet. Perhaps it will all go away.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  3. #153
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,339
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    Take it huh? Just ignore jihadis running around the country killing innocent people?

    Keep your head in the sand Jet. Perhaps it will all go away.
    That isn't quite what I meant.

    But it is my belief there are not nearly as many "Jihadis" as you so affectionatly call them as we're lead to believe.

    I mean if there are so many of them, and they're so dangerous, don't you think we'd be getting attacks yah know, a couple of times a month, maybe once a year...

    I mean if there's SO many of them out there... just a thought.

    I'm not a conspiracy theorist about 9/11 or anything.

    However I just feel that the War in Iraq and Afghanistan didn't make your country any safer...

  4. #154
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    That isn't quite what I meant.

    But it is my belief there are not nearly as many "Jihadis" as you so affectionatly call them as we're lead to believe.

    I mean if there are so many of them, and they're so dangerous, don't you think we'd be getting attacks yah know, a couple of times a month, maybe once a year...

    I mean if there's SO many of them out there... just a thought.

    I'm not a conspiracy theorist about 9/11 or anything.

    However I just feel that the War in Iraq and Afghanistan didn't make your country any safer...
    Feel what you like. The fact that AQI was soundly defeated in Iraq absolutely does make us safer.

    We know running away merely encourages jihadis.

    You need to look into the dozens of attacks that have been thwarted since 9/11. And these are the ones we know about.

    You are far too smart to fall for the truther hoax Jet. I never thought you were a truther.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  5. #155
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,971
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    What is this thread about again?
    I may be wrong.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •