Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 155

Thread: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland Sec

  1. #141
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,132

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    OK. What's a liberal/progressive these days? What do they stand for?
    Just examine all of the areas where the left is upset with Obama, beginning with healthcare reform.

  2. #142
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    It's amazing how quickly Republicans forget that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch. And when they are reminded of that inconvenient fact, they quickly shift the blame to Clinton.
    Republicans have not forgotten. We have also not forgotten the many opportunities we lost to get OBL.

    I do not blame Clinton for 9/11. I blame him for not recognizing the ongoing jihadi war for what it was and I also blame him for not fighting them.

    If 9/11 had not happened and Bush failed to fight jihadis Republicans and Conservatives would have the same criticisms about him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Then those same folks will blame Obama for the economy and completely ignore the role Bush played in the collapse.
    This is 0bama's economy.

    We blame Bush for being ineffective in stopping the meltdown in 2006-2007.

    You lefties always ignore the good economy in Bush's early years and the disastrous economic policies of Pelosi & Co.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  3. #143
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Just examine all of the areas where the left is upset with Obama, beginning with healthcare reform.
    The left is upset with 0bama about 0bamacare? I remember a victory parade with lots of cheering lefties.

    Why exactly are lefties upset with 0bamacare? Didn't hand out enough? Didn't raise enough taxes on the rich? It's not a complete takeover?

    Just give me 5 positions lefties stand for. You didn't think I missed your dodge did you?
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  4. #144
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    Republicans have not forgotten. We have also not forgotten the many opportunities we lost to get OBL.

    I do not blame Clinton for 9/11. I blame him for not recognizing the ongoing jihadi war for what it was and I also blame him for not fighting them.

    If 9/11 had not happened and Bush failed to fight jihadis Republicans and Conservatives would have the same criticisms about him.
    History is always "convenient" for you Ron. Really convenient.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_...n_(August_1998)

    The August 1998 bombings of Afghanistan and Sudan (codenamed Operation Infinite Reach by the United States) were American cruise missile strikes on terrorist bases in Afghanistan and a pharmaceutical factory in Sudan on August 20, 1998. The attack was in retaliation for the bombings of American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which killed 224 people (including 12 Americans) and injured 5,000 others

  5. #145
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    History is always "convenient" for you Ron. Really convenient.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_...n_(August_1998)

    The August 1998 bombings of Afghanistan and Sudan (codenamed Operation Infinite Reach by the United States) were American cruise missile strikes on terrorist bases in Afghanistan and a pharmaceutical factory in Sudan on August 20, 1998. The attack was in retaliation for the bombings of American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which killed 224 people (including 12 Americans) and injured 5,000 others
    You are kidding right ? Your not trying to use those failed bombings as a reason to say Clinton even tried to fight terrorism.

    Under clintons watch the World Trade Center was attacked the first time by OBL and company, the cole where americans were murdered happened. The bombing of the barracks in Riad Saudi Arabia where two hundred marines were murdered. The list of attacks by terrorists during clintons watch is endless and his impotence is legendary.
    I disagree with MARS, events leading up to 911 and the lack of any coherent plan to fight terrorism by clinton and the many unanswered attacks on us and our interests during his watch certainly set us up for 911.
    Clinton was more worried about sneakin monica into his office and Kosovo than he was about american lives and terrorism

  6. #146
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,958
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    History is always "convenient" for you Ron. Really convenient.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_...n_(August_1998)

    The August 1998 bombings of Afghanistan and Sudan (codenamed Operation Infinite Reach by the United States) were American cruise missile strikes on terrorist bases in Afghanistan and a pharmaceutical factory in Sudan on August 20, 1998. The attack was in retaliation for the bombings of American embassies in Kenya and Tanzania which killed 224 people (including 12 Americans) and injured 5,000 others
    IIRC, the Sudan one was a real bust based on a test finding of trace amounts chemicals on the exterior grounds of the place. But the test couldn't distinguish between pesticide/herbicide and chemical weapons. Also the guy who we thought owned the place had actually sold it to someone else months before. Iirc, we quietly paid a settlement over that affair.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #147
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You are kidding right ? Your not trying to use those failed bombings as a reason to say Clinton even tried to fight terrorism.

    Under clintons watch the World Trade Center was attacked the first time by OBL and company, the cole where americans were murdered happened. The bombing of the barracks in Riad Saudi Arabia where two hundred marines were murdered. The list of attacks by terrorists during clintons watch is endless and his impotence is legendary.
    I disagree with MARS, events leading up to 911 and the lack of any coherent plan to fight terrorism by clinton and the many unanswered attacks on us and our interests during his watch certainly set us up for 911.
    Clinton was more worried about sneakin monica into his office and Kosovo than he was about american lives and terrorism
    So I'd assume if you're gonna say Clinton was weak and didn't do anything about terrorism...

    The charge was that he did not fight them at all... that is incorrect.

    That you'll also hold Reagan accountable for running from Lebanon after the 1983 Barracks Bombings?

    Anything else you'd like to add?

  8. #148
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    History is always "convenient" for you Ron. Really convenient.
    This is proof of Clinton's tough fighting?

    We obviously have a different meaning of effective.

    OBL understood what Clinton's retreat in Somalia and his ineffective missile strikes meant.
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

  9. #149
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,322
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Mars View Post
    This is proof of Clinton's tough fighting?

    We obviously have a different meaning of effective.

    OBL understood what Clinton's retreat in Somalia and his ineffective missile strikes meant.
    Retreat from Somalia.

    lol gotta look at things so one dimensionally don't you?

    Tell me.

    Why were you in Somalia? And what would YOU have done to "win" and what does "winning" in Somalia mean to you?

  10. #150
    Educator
    Ron Mars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia
    Last Seen
    02-01-14 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Investigations Find ‘Unprecedented’ Political Review of FOIA Requests by Homeland

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Retreat from Somalia.

    lol gotta look at things so one dimensionally don't you?

    Show your signature
    Tell me.

    Why were you in Somalia? And what would YOU have done to "win" and what does "winning" in Somalia mean to you?
    I opposed the operations in Somalia because the political situation there is hopeless. It was a humanitarian mission to stop the killing and starvation of the Somali people by the likes of Mohamed Farrah Aidid. Nevertheless, Clinton decided to fight and turned tail and ran away after the Battle of the Black Sea.

    OBL understood exactly what that meant. Clinton was a "paper tiger".
    The national security of the United States can never be left in the hands of liberals.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •